• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help, what to tame

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have about 92 animal lore and 90.8 taming. I've been taming bulls but do not see to be getting anywhere. I would be most thankful for any help.

Thank you for your time,

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have about 92 animal lore and 90.8 taming. I've been taming bulls but do not see to be getting anywhere. I would be most thankful for any help.

Thank you for your time,
Your success chance to tame a bull with the above mentioned skills is 38% (according to the list here => http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/anim.php?sort=Taming ). That's a bit low. Try tame white wolves or gamans instead. Generally, it's best to tame beasts that give you success chances between 50-60%. I'd also recommend you to get a crystal ball of knowledge - that device will help you verify skill difficulty with all skills.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, tame White Wolves. My Bard/Tamer on Atlantic is 91.0 Taming, and at 90.1 i had to switch over from Great Harts (they became "Easy") to White Wolves ("Optimal"). I spend between 20-45 mins a day taming to gain 0.5 Taming each day.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have a friend tame and release white wolves for you, at your level the re-tame is your fastest gain(besides pinks). Also swap back and forth from polar bears and panthers. I gmed my third tamer this way from 92.6 to gm in five days. no bulls :]

You can also try training by using the new mastery for taming that came with the latest publish / Time Of Legends. Might be less tedious from 90 real skill and up.

KimDeago

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Put on 5 points of taming then tame Unicorn or Karin.I found this to be easy. I went to 120 from 95ish just taming them. Took time but another spawns when you tame one. So always have one to tame. Release or turn in to Library, rinse and repeat. Remove ring when about 105 and just continue to tame. Far north east Malas area.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
training taming is easier then ever once you hit 90. either jewel up or mastery up.
you can sit at the bank and train taming to legendary by spending twenty minutes a day opening the mastery gump. ya it is boring but consider it to be like the old lock picking houses.
write a maco to open the gump a few hundred times stand beside you pet while you bank sit and run the macro.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
training taming is easier then ever once you hit 90. either jewel up or mastery up.
you can sit at the bank and train taming to legendary by spending twenty minutes a day opening the mastery gump. ya it is boring but consider it to be like the old lock picking houses.
write a maco to open the gump a few hundred times stand beside you pet while you bank sit and run the macro.
What are you doing with the mastery (specifically) that gives you the chance to gain taming?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
opening the gump ,.. target pet...that is it.
it causes a taming skill check.

Stand at the bank beside your pet
write a uoa macro to open the taming mastery gump target your pet....
dont select anything
insert a pause
repeat

gained from 90 to 110 took most of a day
( maybe 6 hrs of bank sitting while chatting with friends)
110 to 120 I did it a little at a time over a few days

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
opening the gump ,.. target pet...that is it.
it causes a taming skill check.

Stand at the bank beside your pet
write a uoa macro to open the taming mastery gump target your pet....
dont select anything
insert a pause
repeat

gained from 90 to 110 took most of a day
( maybe 6 hrs of bank sitting while chatting with friends)
110 to 120 I did it a little at a time over a few days
So you say opening the gump and target the pet, so you must be using the combat mastery not whispering. Gotcha.