• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] Help! - Unable to find Glassblowing book or Blowpipe - Sonoma

• Thread starter Zabba of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Z

Zabba of Sonoma

Hi Folks,

The Gargoyle Alchemists of the Royal City do not seem to have the Glassblowing book or blow pipe for sale on the Sonoma shard. I have looked repeatedly over the last three days in case they had simply sold out. I searched the city for any other Alchemists that I might have missed and am only finding the one and his apprentice next to the other NPC vendors.

I have only recently returned to UO and maybe I am missing some key bit of update or lore here, but everything I have found suggests that is where I would find the book and tool

I even checked my Tinkering menu in case the rules have changed and Tinkers could make the pipes now and Glassblowing no longer required the book to learn, unfortunately that doesn't look to be the case.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if it has changed but you used to have to go to the gargoyle city in Illshenar to buy the book. You buy the blowpipes in the same place.Here is a link I found with info. It sounds like you went to Ter Mur but you have to go to Illshenar.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes, you still have to go to the Gargoyle City in Illshenar. I recentlly had to do this. If you were on Chesapeake I could give you the book... have an extra one that's just sitting around.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have access to a crystal portal you can go to 'Ilshenar mint' Then simply go to the northern part of the city, to the alchemist.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you have access to a crystal portal you can go to 'Ilshenar mint' Then simply go to the northern part of the city, to the alchemist.
lol... I didn't consider that (but should have)... ran the whole way there. Old habits die hard. :)

Z

Zabba of Sonoma

My thanks to all who responded. I had confused Ver Lor Reg with the Royal city. I've now found the book and am happily exploring glassblowing.