• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help please

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, I'm in the middle of decorating my roof top and came across an empty tub in one of my boxes (see picture) which I am using as a planter.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l338/sligachan/emptytub.jpg

The problem is I need to get three more and I don't know where I got it from.

I have read somewhere about a trick to create them at the stables??????? or am I imagining things:blushing:

Also I was wondering if there are books available to match the names of shrines. In the picture, for example, I have a book on the stand (mining for stone) and would prefer to have a book on there which matches to the virtue tile. My other tiles which I need books to match to are Spirituality, Justice, Chaos and Valor.

Thanks in advance.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The west britain stables has those tubs in abundance, you just need a full pitcher of water or three. Use the pitcher on a tub (even if it has water in it) then use it again to get rid of the water you added and you should be able to grab it now. You may have to drink off the pitcher and then reuse it on the tub, but you should be able to get it by emptying it out of water this way.

As far as the open books go, the library collection gives books:
Quotes from the pen of Sherry the Mouse 350,000
Quotes from the pen of Wyrd Beastmaster 350,000
Quotes from the pen of Mercenary Justin 350,000
Quotes from the pen of Heigel of Moonglow 350,000
Quotes from the pen of Horace, Trader 350,000

(info from uo.guide.com They may only sit "sideways" tho, and none of them look virtue specific. There are some items that have the virtues in the name like the helm of spirituality etc, so you might look at using items instead of books.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there's also the two volume set "The Quest of the Virtues" available from provisioners that might go with your plan

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great input as usual, thanks :thumbsup:

Cant believe how many of those tubs were just there on the floor waiting to be picked up lol, spent two days racking my brains trying to get some of them sheesh :D

ok gonna go look for some of those books, they sound just up my street :danceb:

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Minoc stables also has the water tubs for the taking. Interestingly enough, if you have a really old tub, it will not behave as a container. That was a bug that they finally corrected a couple of years ago, so if you ever come across a water tub that won't let you store things in it when empty, it is most likely pretty old. :)

-Skylark

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I got my books, wahey! :D (I'm easily pleased)

However, a word of advice I went to get these books from the Provisioners and found that when you bring up the 'buy' screen from a provisioner, you cannot see what books he/she has for sale (it lists a book title, but this is not the book you end up purchasing).

As a result I bought all the books he/she had and then on opening the books found that I did not have the books I was specifically looking for!!!

Plan B.

Swopped chars and took my thief to the Lyceum in Moonglow. If you check out all the bookcases there you will find loads of different books and be able to select (and steal) the ones you need.

This went well (only died once :D)

I was looking for books that would match my design on the roof of my house, which uses lots of virtue tiles, and found the following books which match nicely.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l338/sligachan/books.jpg

Please note the Quest of the Virtues is available in Two parts so you need to open the books before stealing them to make sure you have one of each.

The other book available which matches the virtues theme is, appropriately enough, titled 'Virtues' and is an interesting read (from a Functionalist Sociological perspective...dont cha know:D)

As a side note I also nabbed the book titled 'The wild girl of the forest' simply because it sounds like a good read :danceb: