• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help please with bushido archer

G

Ok I hope I did not ruin my charcter, I chose bushido because this is what I thought. Bushido parry with 2 handed weapon, bushido plus parry equals better parry %. Well a bow is a 2 handed weapon so does this work? Do u think this is a waste or should i switch to ninja? Lighting strike seems to be nice. Please help me I dont want to have lousy char. Im new

G

Ok I hope I did not ruin my charcter, I chose bushido because this is what I thought. Bushido parry with 2 handed weapon, bushido plus parry equals better parry %. Well a bow is a 2 handed weapon so does this work? Do u think this is a waste or should i switch to ninja? Lighting strike seems to be nice. Please help me I dont want to have lousy char. Im new

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bushido works very well with archery i have 105 Bushido on my archer but the parry part if you are playing your archer right the object is not to get close enough for monsters or people to hit you so I would not put parry on at all and to be honest Ive never noticed if you can parry with a bow or not the benefits from Bushido are lighting strike ,confidence and the bonuses from perfection not to mention the crit chance and momentum has its uses also these are what i use most combine this with chivalry and you have a pretty awesome fighting machine if you ask most people who the most versitle and dangerous opponents are in pvm they most likly will say archer
I used to think the way you do untill conner clued me in to some of the percs of bushido now i wouldnt drop it for anything

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Bushido works very well with archery i have 105 Bushido on my archer but the parry part if you are playing your archer right the object is not to get close enough for monsters or people to hit you so I would not put parry on at all and to be honest Ive never noticed if you can parry with a bow or not the benefits from Bushido are lighting strike ,confidence and the bonuses from perfection not to mention the crit chance and momentum has its uses also these are what i use most combine this with chivalry and you have a pretty awesome fighting machine if you ask most people who the most versitle and dangerous opponents are in pvm they most likly will say archer
I used to think the way you do untill conner clued me in to some of the percs of bushido now i wouldnt drop it for anything

G

You can't parry with archery, so the bush/parry combo is useless for and archer. Drop parry, but if you plan on predominately being a pvm archer, by all means keep the bushido, it rocks. For pvp, not so much, I think there are other skills that are better for occupying those points.

G

You can't parry with archery, so the bush/parry combo is useless for and archer. Drop parry, but if you plan on predominately being a pvm archer, by all means keep the bushido, it rocks. For pvp, not so much, I think there are other skills that are better for occupying those points.

I

imported_GFY

I agree with Storm and Aibel 100%.

Now what exactly is your template and what do you have for equipment?

You will want to build a good suit of armor and tailor your bows to suit what your fighting. (slayers, specials, etc.)

I

imported_GFY

I agree with Storm and Aibel 100%.

Now what exactly is your template and what do you have for equipment?

You will want to build a good suit of armor and tailor your bows to suit what your fighting. (slayers, specials, etc.)

G

Thank you all, I play on atlantic as Negath if u ever need anything let me know. Im gonna go with chivlary I like the idea of it with the bushido

G

Thank you all, I play on atlantic as Negath if u ever need anything let me know. Im gonna go with chivlary I like the idea of it with the bushido

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you wont regret it im on ls shard you need a hand give me a buzz

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you wont regret it im on ls shard you need a hand give me a buzz

E

EB_Arcbolt

Hi, sorry, I m not trying to hijack thread.
But do any of you now about bush and riding a hiyru or greater hiyru?

ty

E

EB_Arcbolt

Hi, sorry, I m not trying to hijack thread.
But do any of you now about bush and riding a hiyru or greater hiyru?

ty

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i think this is what you want
just like the normal Hiryu, it is also possible to tame the Lesser, but it is almost just as hard. Once tamed it will obey the orders of anyone, but only a tamer or a master of the art of Bushido will be able to ride it. Like the normal Hiryu, the lesser will also have its stats halved when it is tamed.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i think this is what you want
just like the normal Hiryu, it is also possible to tame the Lesser, but it is almost just as hard. Once tamed it will obey the orders of anyone, but only a tamer or a master of the art of Bushido will be able to ride it. Like the normal Hiryu, the lesser will also have its stats halved when it is tamed.

C

Connor_Graham

Parry does not work with Archery at all. Bushido combined with Chiv on an Archer is one of the most powerful damage dealing templates in the game. The key is to keep the distance between you and your target. It takes some practice, but once you get the hang of it, you can run just about anything around in circles and only take ranged type damage from those creatures that cast or use bows themselves.

As a template, I would suggest an Elf with:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
100 Healing
70 Chiv
90 Anatomy
90 Resist
110 Tactics

Str 90
Dex 125
Int 35

This will keep you at the 700 skill cap you currently have, and still have you dealing massive amounts of damage. You will need to get a +25 stat scroll asap though.

E

eolsunder1

Yep for PvP bushido archer is useless, but its great for PvM. You don't get to use many powers, but a few of them are fine.

Honor is the most important. Gives you a damage boost vs the honored monster, plus in spawn its a VERY fast way to regain mana, etc. While fighting foes, Honor a weak foe attacking you and kill it, once its dead you regain mana. Continue hitting hard foe.

Lightning strike very nice also. If you have good mana regen and aren't using it up with consecrate, ete then make sure to use it while fighting for the slim chance to do critical hits.