• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help please - Signs for the new players!

G

I have an idea but I need help with translation.

I would like to make 2-3 signs on my property, that help new players, in their own language. I would put a flag with their country on the sign, so they would be drawn to the sign.

The most common countries seem to be
- Brazil
- Portugal
- what else?

What message should we put?

I'm thinking something like

"Welcome!
Unfortunately we don't speak your language here.
This house is a store (/love house /service house /residence). If you are a new player, visit a welcome house where they specialize in helping new players.
If you are a free player, you don't have access to the whole game here in EA Land - you can not work, earn money or visit certain houses. Log out and make a sim on the Test Center 3 server, where you will have access to the whole game.
Have a nice day" .......

What do you think of the idea?
Can anyone help to translate this into spanish, portuguese and whatever language would be good? (Brazilians seem to speak portuguese so, edited that)

Or is the text too offensive?
I want to help them and I don't think they're having too much fun sitting in my store the whole day.

(I might sell these kinds of signs to other people who need them too, or you could come in and I could copy the text to a sign and sell you a copy of my flag to insert in it. I wouldn't be charging much, just my own cost for making them and a small fee for the service. What do you think?)

G

Thanks, Babelfish is a good site, I thought of it but the quality of the translation kinda sucks and I can't tell the difference.

I think I have the portuguese translations "in the bag" now, thanks to some friends. Portuguese seems to be the magic language here since most spanish can understand it too, and it works for both Brazil and Portugal and surrounding countries.

What other countries do we get a lot of guests from? I couldn't think of any more (I won't even try to make a japanese/korean sign although I think I've had visitors from there too).

G

That's a cool idea.
Maybe someone who plays with these countries players can show them your thread in-game.

Here is your thread in a tiny url, so that it will be easier to copy and paste in-game and in messenger:

http://tinyurl.com/6s7dfb

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of avatars from Turkey so that might be a good sign for you to have.

G

Hmm yes. I don't know anyone from Turkey unfortunately.
Anyone able to help with that translation?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of avatars from Turkey so that might be a good sign for you to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That's cool.
Do you know what time they are online? Or where?
I'm usually playing with the Scandinavians ... but their English is better than mine - no signs needed.

I

imported_Danny Dots

This is an awesome idea

It is very unfortunate when a non-English speaking player appears on your lot and you have no way of helping them. Hopefully this will be the first step to trying to solve that problem.

P

Pkmn_knight

Babble fish sucks, Google translator is much better then that.

G

Okay everyone, thanks to some friends (thanks Keth, Di and Syli
) I now have some translations available.

If someone wants to use these in their game, you are free to do so.
I will also have them on signs in my store (Age of Aquarius) and you can come there and get a sign if you don't want to write them yourself. Any of the roomies can copy the text and paste on a sandwich board sign for you.
I will make the flags tomorrow, you might want to wait until then, so for now I only have a couple of texts.

For portuguese I got two different translations so choose which you want.

<font color="red">English</font>
so you can see what's been translated.

Text on the flag pic: READ THIS

Welcome!
Unfortunately we don't speak your language here.
This house is a store*.
If you are a new player, visit a welcome house where they specialize in helping new players.
If you are a free player, you don't have access to the whole game here in EA Land - you can not work, earn money or visit certain houses. Log out and make a sim on the Test Center 3 server, where you will have access to the whole game.
Have a nice day!

*<font color="#666666">You should switch "store" for love house /service house /residence when appropriate.</font>

<font color="red">Formal Portuguese</font> (for portuguese, spanish and brazilians)

"Read me" text on the brazilian/portuguese flag: ATENÇÃO! or Lê-me!

Bem-vindo.
Infelizmente nós não falamos a sua língua.
Esta casa é uma loja*. Se é um jogador novo, visite uma casa de boas-vindas, onde se especializam em ajudar novos jogadores.
Se é um jogador com uma conta grátis, não tem acesso a todo o jogo aqui na EA Land -não pode trabalhar, ganhar dinheiro ou visitar certas casas. Faça Log out e crie um Sim no servidor Test Center 3, onde terá acesso a todo o jogo.
Tenha um bom dia!

*<font color="#666666">You should switch "store" = "loja" for love house /service house /residence when appropriate.
These are: Casa romântica/casa de serviço/residência.</font>

<font color="red">Informal Portuguese</font> (for portuguese, spanish and brazilians)

"Read me" text on the brazilian/portuguese flag: ATENÇÃO! or Lê-me!

Bem Vindo!

Lamentamos informar que não falamos Português.

Esta casa é uma loja*. Se és novo no jogo, visita uma casa de boas-vindas onde a especialidade é ajudar novos jogadores.
Se tens um passe livre, não te é possível aceder a todo o contento aqui na EA Land - não podes trabalhar, ganhar dinheiro or visitar certas casas.
Log out e cria um Sim no servidor Test Center 3, onde terás acesso ao jogo na sua totalidade.

Tem um bom dia!

*<font color="#666666">You should switch "store" = "loja" for love house /service house /residence when appropriate.
These are: Casa romântica/casa de serviço/residência.</font>

<font color="red">German</font> (for german, swiss etc)

"Read me" text on the german flag: LIES MICH!

Willkommen!

Leider sprechen wir hier kein Deutsch.
Dieses Haus ist ein Geschäft*. Falls du neu bist, schau bei einem Begrüßungshaus vorbei, welches darauf spezialisiert ist neuen Spielern zu helfen.
Falls du die kostenlose Version des Spiels besitzt, hast du keinen Zugriff auf das volle Spiel hier im EA Land - du kannst nicht arbeiten, Geld verdienen oder gewisse Häuser besuchen. Melde dich ab und erstelle einen Sim auf dem Test Center 3 Server, wo du Zugriff auf das ganze Spiel hast.
Viel Spass!

*<font color="#666666">You should switch "store" = "Geschäft" for love house /service house /residence when appropriate.
These are: Liebeshaus /Service-Haus /Wohnhaus.</font>

Hope this helps. Unfortunately you can't write the special characters on signs but you must use the american alphabet, but I assume they will understand.
If you want to get signs with these texts you can come to Age of Aquarius and we will sell them. We don't have the flags yet, I will make them tomorrow.

If anyone is able to translate to other useful languages, I would appreciate it