• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] Help on Europa plssssss!

P

Prosecutor

Hi, im trying to train lockpicking i have read all the FAQ's and i realise that you can now train with just the one box at each level...

My problem is getting a box made by lvl 50 tinker, everyone i know including myself is gm and i dont have any spare char slots to create a new one!:sad4:

Does anyone have a char that can help me out plssss,

Many thanks...

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

i have a char, which have tinkering at 35-38 around this.

if a talisman which increase the skill by 20% affect the lock too, i can make you one.

or you give me the ingots to train up to 50% :lol:

Which arent so many, if i take the new haven tinkering insturctor quest with axcelerated skillgain.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For lockpicking don't waste your gold buying player made boxes or chests. I gmed picking easy enough from chests in towns. Just run around towns and pick everything you see. You want to find those chests you can't unlock. Those are the ones the gains come from. Yes you will break alot of picks. But if you can get a good runebook together and just jump around picking gains come pretty good. I have a good picking runebook, but it's on chessy shard. All I used was this one book. Well I actually bought 2 books in luna. But after using them I consolidated them into 1 book. I think the people making the books didn't know what they were doing.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed on the chests. Also, try the chests in the gypsy camps and at vesper bank

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can work lockpicking on paragon-chests, too. I found that I was able to gain from them even while I wasn't able to open it. (At least it worked with the lowest-level chests like those from earthies.)