• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

help o modifying a design idea - Shelfing unit/desk please

K

kray2s

The above image is taken from castle and courtyards website.

I would like to use this idea yet i have a problem or two with it :(

The design itself is great and it looks fantastic my problem is the items used.

The benches at the side are stacked in front of an armoire. When it comes to storage i hate armoires as all the items seem to end up as a mass in the bottom of the thing (you cant use the full height of it) which imho makes it unhelpful.

What else could be used to achieve the same effect as this???

Also i would like to use a table where that middle bench is but elongate that table a little bit, yet if i put two tbles next to each other there would be a gap inbetwen them and i (being fussy) would like a continuous counter top.

Lastly i would like to turn this piece (on the west side) so it would continue down another wall. I can not seem to find a way of doing so that leaves the benches visable for putting items on, with out leaving a gap in the corner, making it look like 2 seperate pieces of furniture rather than 1 continuous piece :(

I have to run off to work - never enough uo time hehehe, i hope to show you all later if i have achieved this piece - but a little help from my friends here would be apprieciated:)

Any one got any ideas please?

ty in advance.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know, the armoires are the only furniture item that is "raised" off the floor with the fancy little feet.

As for the solid surface, you can achieve that with gozas. However, they block movement.

Here is a desk I made. Of course for displaying & accessing rune books you would probably want to go with the stacked bench theme rather than the crafted bookcases.

-Skylark