• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help needed

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I am not sure this is the right place to post this and if it isn't I apologise.

I do not have a crafter character and find myself in need of an imbued armour suit for my bard. I would like as much MR, MI, 100% LRC, LMC as possible and to top it all off all resists at 70.

I am not sure of the cost of materials and the length of time and effort it would require to make such a suit but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I have some gold to cover costs but would need a quote up front to ensure I can afford it.

Shezzy

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what shard we talking about here?

while this isnt the place to post this i do have a imbuer mule on pretty much every shard, so as long as your on a shard im on i can make you up a suit with no problem.

course if you want some high end stuff on it your gonna have to pick up the special stuff for it.
like relics and such.
OR you can bring me a bag of loot and ill melt it down and we can get the relics that way.

let me know what shard and we can meet up and get this ball rolling.

poo

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Poo,

Thanks for the reply. I am on Europa shard. How much loot would you require to unravel. I am an old returning player and seem to have lost most of my stuff so it could take me a while to collect some loot. Also what type of loot would you need?

Shezzy

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well there are a couple ways you can skin this cat.

first off, if this is a suit you wanna keep for a while your gonna need like 2 powders of fort per piece to buff up the durability, because once you imbue it the durability is locked and can never be raised again.
the item can be repaired but the durability can never be increased.

so once you decide if your gonna go in whole hog or just want a quicky suit then we will know what you are gonna need.
also, are we talking making this suit from scratch scratch?
like ring and bracelet as well?

do you have anything you wanna put in on this suit?
like a pendant of the magi or a runebeatle carapace tunic?
or just make the entire suit?

what i would say to do is the following.
we can whip you up a quicky 70 suit with LRC and 1 MR per piece on it for free, thats easy sleazy.
where the suit starts to cost money is if we wanna add LMC onto it (that takes relics) and if we have to make a ring and watch (FC and FCR takes relics)
so, what i would say is this.
a) do you have a pendant of the magi or a runebeatle carapace? if so we can build a suit around those and that will save a LOT and a totem of the void.
b) do you have any old ring and bracelet with 1/2 or 1/3 laying around? cause that will save a TONNE of time and expence.

if no to all the above i would suggest we make a non powdered LRC suit with all 70 and MR to start.
then what you can do with that is get out in the field and playing. and its free!

then what ya do is ya hit the new dungeons.
shame and wrong and covetous are the best for loot, despise not so much.
start bagging anything and everything ya get out of there.
once ya get a bunch of bags filled with stuff ill come in and melt them down.
PLUS if your playing tram side you can even start to drop in stuff you find even if its cursed onto your suit to tweak it.
and youll be suprised how fast you can fill bags up out of shame and wrong.

so once we get ya some relics and if you can hunt down some powder of fort on our shard then we can make ya a bigger better suit.
keep in mind that if you want MR 2 on each piece then thats gonna cost ya 10 seeds of renewal PER.

here, go play with this to see what high end piece will run you for supplies.
http://www.knuckleheads.dk/imbuecalc.php
http://www.knuckleheads.dk/imbuecalc.php

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya Poo,

Ok I have a pendant of the magi, rune beetle carapace, hat of magi and totem of the void. So starting off well !!!

I dont have any FC or FCR jewellry though :( However i have a little money so could hopefully buy those.

I am currently still training up bard skills so I have plenty of time to get this done. I'll go farm those dungeons and get the loot, then I'll give you a shout to get started on the relics. I can also then grab the powder of fortune.

I have to say your responses have been appreciated and I'd also really appreciate some MR1/LRC gear to go along with my items above. Am happy to pay for them too.

Let me know how long that would take and we can meet up.

Many thanks

Shezzy

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hey there, ya no worries im home sick for a couple days with a man cold so ive got some time on my hands.
ill go log in right now and whip up a 70 LRC suit with some MR on it for ya, then you can icq me if you want it ASAP, if you dont have icq then you can PM me here, but im not religious about checking in here, maybe 2-3 times a day.

Poo
(icq 15094557)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Europa, eh

lag here i come!
haha

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unless I'm much mistaken the nottm part of nottmwizard could possibly stand for Nottingham?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well crud, i went to log onto Europa and it isnt there.
ill try again tomorrow.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ah ha!
Petra Fyde

actually the person this fella should be talking to about getting a suit made is you Petra!
isnt Europa your home shard?
i dont wanna mow anyone elses lawn, hehe

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, it's my home shard. But I'm no expert suit maker. My bard runs with imbued virtuoso suit, crafted supplemental bits and a manaphasing orb. I don't have seeds for MR2. I really wish there was an easier way to get seeds.

The reason I never volunteer to make suits is that I always feel anything I can come up with isn't going to be good enough :( I can't make 'uber suits' I can only imbue simple - my math isn't up to it

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just grow plants using the garden beds, you get a good number of seeds that way.

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Poo,

I have sent you a message on icq, get back to me when you are free. Btw disco training is soooo slow lol, provo is next :)

Shezzy

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just grow plants using the garden beds, you get a good number of seeds that way.
Bullchit, or my roll of the RNG has been horrible. I have three beds and also grew 50 plants in back to back batches. Out of the 544 seeds possible each time (50X8=400 + 18X8=144), I got 11 the first time and 16 the second time. At this rate, my account will age another year by the time I put together enough for some much needed suit upgrades!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That seems pretty low, I got at least twice that number from that number of plants. I'll have to dig up my notes....

That or I got really lucky.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think on average for the raised plant beds i get between 2-4 per bed of 9 plants.
so with my 5 beds i usually get between 10-20 per round.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hey Poo,

I have sent you a message on icq, get back to me when you are free. Btw disco training is soooo slow lol, provo is next :)

Shezzy
ill log on here in a couple hours when i get home and meet up with ya.

ya high end training is slow with bard skills.
if memory serves me right its like 72 hours from 90-120 for disco.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think on average for the raised plant beds i get between 2-4 per bed of 9 plants.
so with my 5 beds i usually get between 10-20 per round.
There's only 6 plants in a bed Poo, and if that's what you average, you're doing very well. I'm just saying I'm on the **** bottom of the RNG (totally probable with my luck) or somethings up. The best I have EVER done with the three raised beds is 7 seeds in one harvest, but it's normally more in the 2-5 range.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there's 9 plants per bed.
have you tried to place the large one instead of the small one?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, when I placed them when I originally got them for upgrading my accounts, they placed as three beds with six seeds per bed. Perhaps I need to redeed them and try again. Odd.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nope, when I placed them when I originally got them for upgrading my accounts, they placed as three beds with six seeds per bed. Perhaps I need to redeed them and try again. Odd.
that might explain why everyone else is getting 30% more seeds then you, hehe

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It still doesn't explain my ****ty roll of the RNG with the other 400 seeds each time hehe.

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Poo,

my current template is:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Magery
120 Medi

then I have a choice of 120 Eval or 120 Peace, which is the better option? My other problem is I have only 710 skill points so 1 of the 6 skills will need to 110 rather than 120. If i go with Eval I assume that would be the one at 110, if I go with Peace I assume that Medi would be 110? Or would I go 115 magery and 115 medi/eval?

Argh choices choices !!! lol

Shezzy

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for the template its gonna depend on if your gonna be using the spells to deal damge.
if yes, your gonna need evel.
if no, then you dont need it.
i use to run with eval and no med and i relied on my suit for all my mana regen.
it sucked.

then i started taking the peace off my guys and running 3x bard with med and eval.
wasnt too bad.

but now with the bonus you get with the masteries going off of ALL your barding skills from 90-120 i find its worth it to have 4x 120 bard and stone off the eval.

ive had to change the way i do things with my bard.
no more running around the pile of animals i have dico'd and provo'd and lambasting them with ebolts and explosions.
now i run around and drop mind blasts and EVs because they dont need eval to do damage.

in the grand scheme of things i think dropping the med was the way to go..... IF you can get use to not dropping damage spells with your bard and you can get use to using EVs and the masteries to do the work for you.

and if you can get them or afford them ive found Bonded Vollems to be the perfect companion to my bard.
they are exactly like Night Mares but you dont need any taming/lore to control them.
of course res'ing them can be a pain.

cheers!

Poo

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The addition of peacemaking will also lower your mastery abilities upkeep cost.
Also one thing I really like peacing for, is the damage reduction. When hunting dangerous grounds with alot of spell casting mobs, running preservance and resilience save my butt.

Last edited:

Retlaw of Vesper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of Eval or Med could you pick up Mysticism for RC instead of dealing with Vollems? Can't be controlled but man they can dish out the damage.

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will go with peace as always wanted a pure bard. Am sure with a lot of practise I can get used to it.

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo, I am usually on in the evenings (uk time), would be good to meet up. If you still have that armour suit that would be great. Let me know when you can get onto Europa for a lag attack :)

Shezzy

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im all over the map with work and the kids.
nights, days and all in between.
i keep forgetting to turn my icq on as well, ill try to remember to turn it on!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing missing from the guide (and why I'm looking on the forum today) is how do you add fertile dirt to the raised garden bed? I did it once and have totally forgotten.
just have it in your pack and it will offer you the chance to use it when you plant the seed.

The guide says:
To plant your seeds simply double click the seed and target one of the plots of the bed. If you have no fertile dirt in your pack the seed will be planted. If, however you are planning to give your plants the benefit of fertile dirt this must be in your main, top level, back pack. The gump below will appear, allowing you the option to use it.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*chases off the horticulturalists with a pitchfork*

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just have it in your pack and it will offer you the chance to use it when you plant the seed.

The guide says:

I figured it out but thanks for the info and screen shot! It would be good to have this in the guide though. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a failing memory and it would help NEXT time I forget how to do it. :p

And Poo, do you think us vicious, lethal gardeners are afraid of a puny little pitch fork? We plant hundreds of plants a week. We can harvest hundreds of green thorns at a time with hardly a scratch. We aren't afraid of a pitch fork.
:devil:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe they are in the guide - that's where the quote and screenshot are from.

Can anyone tell me why Rhiannon can't see the information I quoted, which is in the page that she linked to?

This is what I see:
raisedgarden.jpg

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe they are in the guide - that's where the quote and screenshot are from.

Can anyone tell me why Rhiannon can't see the information I quoted, which is in the page that she linked to?

This is what I see:
View attachment 12054
I would say it's my age but then you'd use the age card (I've seen you on video). So I'm going to claim that my glasses need to be replaced.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe I thought maybe there was a problem with the browser or screen resolution. Different resolutions can do funny things to the page layout sometimes, putting space where there isn't supposed to be any.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
out of curiosity, what would using fertile dirty do for you with a raised flower bed?
make them grow faster?
so instead of 9 days to full grown it takes........

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe I thought maybe there was a problem with the browser or screen resolution. Different resolutions can do funny things to the page layout sometimes, putting space where there isn't supposed to be any.
I wish I could blame it on that, Petra. :)

Poo, it's the same as using fertile dirt growing plant in a bowl: there is a chance that the plant will do two growth days in one day.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so does that work for the entire 9 day cycle that raised flower beds do?

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so does that work for the entire 9 day cycle that raised flower beds do?
It has for me. Just like when growing in pots, the individual plants each sometimes get a double growth day and sometimes not.