• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Needed - 3rd Election Night Hoopla Planning Thread

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya All

Three months already? Where have the days gone?

It's time for another election, and that means time for another Election Night Hoopla!

Last term Queen Arya and Andrasta did an excellent job coordinating the 2nd Hoopla party, so I will step up and tackle the 3rd. If you have time I would love your assistance with it, ladies. Who knows, perhaps this will become an Atlantic tradition.:beer:

It's all happening from 9:00pm to midnight on Saturday 15th, and we need many helping hands to put together the party. The usual suspects will be there, the candidate interviews, the voting tally board, and I do believe we'll have an open bistro this time around. UO Radio (www.uoradio.com) will also be giving us live coverage for the evening.

But we need some party games!

We are putting out a call to all cities, player towns, guilds, event coordinators, and candidates to come forward and add to the night of festivities. We need some mini-events such as competitions, games, or even personal campaign centers. We are open to all ideas and will support you in any way we can.

If you are a candidate, running a mini-event is a great way to spread your name and show the community that you will be a governor of action.

The location will be the same as last time, the neutral grounds of the Counselor's Hall in Serpent's Hold. The goal is to have activities running inside, outside, and perhaps the roof. Here are some screenshots of the location.
Main Floor

Roof

Bistro Area

I'll coordinate the program and space usage for the night in this thread. If all goes well, we'll have our party plan locked down and an official news post released by early next week.

Please reply below if you can help, or need help with making your idea happen. You can also contact me via forum conversation, or on ICQ 78409004 (Soar).

Thank you to all who come forward.

- Soar
*puts on his workin' apron & dancing shoes*:hula:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately I'm out of town that week, but I'm happy to help with anything that's needed for the preparations. :)

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The last several Hoopla's were a blast.

@ Alex,
You can count on (Jhelom) & Toad Town for an event.
We will update our event idea soon

Thank You Soar for your post and hope to see you all there!

T

Tazar

Now that the siege of the Fortress has been lifted, I can wander around again. I'll be happy to watch the stones and report voting results to whoever is running the voting tally booth.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mind helping out where I can! The time is good for me because my sons will be asleep by then.
Great!

how does the raffle idea I mentioned sound? We could use someone good working that, and could have drawings throughout the night, announced in between the interviews perhaps.

Or did you have something even better in mind? :)

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some updates :)

Andrasta and Flair will be running the interviews on stage.

Sennah T' Nae has taken on the raffle for the night.

Tazar will be working with myself and Semmerset on the voting display.

Vesper will be running the bistro.

Trinsic will be running the Scalis Pen.

Toad town is cooking up something for us, announcements soon.

Huge thank you to all those helping out! This is really coming together nicely.

We are still looking for one or two mini-games, like the fair stalls. Is anyone able to run one of these?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
IFIN SUM BUDDY BUILDS ONE , MEEES KIN HABE ICE CREEMS BOOOFT
OZOG

Dr Hawk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Zento & Blue Crane will be setting up a sushi bar and cow tipping inside the Plenty O' Dough. We'll have the best fish and drinks this side of Tokuno.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
OOOOO Thank You Mesanna for the Deco. I think I broke the curtains tho. I cant get them to shut again. :{

Ozog needs an Ice cream stand and we really need locked down chairs for the Interviews-last Hoopla the greifers actually pulled the chair out from Kyronix. go figure