• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help - Mouse holes and Keep

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, what I would like to do is place a mouse hole on one of these walls so I can access the "non-accessible" part of the keep courtyard. I've tried multiple times placing the add-on without any success placing it near the wall.

Any advice or suggestions?

Screen shot below to show you where I am trying to place the add-on.

Thanks in advance.

mousehole.png

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is this even possible? Has someone actually do it somewhere?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When these were introduced into the game, they could only be placed eastern or southern facing. You might also try the second level of the Keep because you will drop down when you go through.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every time I place one (no matter where) it says "squeak"" the hole is full already"

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive lost mouse holes before. one went under castle floor and the other was just gone when placed near stairs. gm couldn't find. all I can say is I wish they would fix things. gl to u

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, what I would like to do is place a mouse hole on one of these walls so I can access the "non-accessible" part of the keep courtyard. I've tried multiple times placing the add-on without any success placing it near the wall.

Any advice or suggestions?

Screen shot below to show you where I am trying to place the add-on.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 63686
Did you get the mouse hole to work?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Far as i know if you want a mouse hole to go into that are you are screwed if you place it on a wall into a room you have access to it works fine... getting it to go in there is broken... has been for years... which IMO is stupid... what was the harm?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Far as i know if you want a mouse hole to go into that are you are screwed if you place it on a wall into a room you have access to it works fine... getting it to go in there is broken... has been for years... which IMO is stupid... what was the harm?
What's the harm? I heard that the mouse holes dropped players into different games from whence they have never returned. Where do you think all the UO players went? The truth is out there.

Reactions: Mil

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What's the harm? I heard that the mouse holes dropped players into different games from whence they have never returned. Where do you think all the UO players went? The truth is out there.
They considered it an Exploit or something and took that out but IMO that's stupid reasoning because what does it harm???

Seriously?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You used to be able to cast energy field on your self log out and back in and you would fall thru to the non use area. may not work now and as others have said it was probably considered a exploit.