• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me with my pvp academy! (ongoing project)

• Thread starter archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

archite666

Heres some pictures.

Basicly going for a dueling pit, weapon wrack on the basement level.

Roof will be a housing area for students.

I'm completly open to suggestions, this is just what I threw together

notice the two spiral stair cases I build, one in reverse, can you say pain in the rear? I'm open to all suggestions even if it involves changing entire design.

I have tons of deco to work with, all shadow, evil, crystal, about 25 heritage tokens.

I think I want a little healer area, the school is mainly roleplay purposes with some practical application.

R

RichDC

Just a thought, how about having one of the floors a choke point??
One of the floors a "woods", basically placeing immovable objects to make it kinda more "field" realistic?

K

kray2s

Just a thought, how about having one of the floors a choke point??
One of the floors a "woods", basically placeing immovable objects to make it kinda more "field" realistic?
I think the Idea RichDc came up with sounds really kinda cool.

On the bottom floor (i dont know if you use a crafter to provide armour for yourself or guild? but maybe a little area sectioned off in one corner for an armourer / crafter area, then you can fence off or wall off some more of that floor and turn it into an arena like the necro one near Luna for a dueling pit should you or some of your guild wish to stand toe to toe (and maybe running down or to the side of the armourer you could place benches or seating so people could watch the combat?

This then leaves you 3 or so floors to do as Rich says, Top floor wooded area, maybe another floor set up to look like a specific area from a dungeon you hunt in or something simular? and on another maybe a cave or rocky area?

I really think you could have some fun with this and really get creative.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do like the suggestion of a real "pit" with the second floor looking down into it (central open area). On the first floor around the dueling area (which I'd use dirt floor and scattered hay)...you can have the weapon racks, training dummies along the walls, perhaps a few armor displays.

Second floor you'd need the benches for audience (I think benches is more rustic than fancy elven chairs lol) perhaps with a few scattered empty ale bottles.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the Arena I designed for [EVEvents] the player run event group I operate on Oceania. It really works well

Ground Floor:

Contestants Enter to the waiting areas via the storage room, where any equipment that needs to be given out can be collected on the way past, such as lances, other weapons, armor etc.

Officials can enter the area via the bottom door to address the public above, doors from the 'waiting area' enter the area to the north.

The public go into the small entry cubicle with a teleporter to the public viewing area. This door is here to control 'access' to who can go up, some events we charge an entry fee etc others it is unlocked for unlimited access.

First Floor

View of the public viewing gallery. The public enter via the port in the corner and take seats in the gallery.

The area marked 'organizer area' is basically for our event organisers to issue instructions, the gate between the two areas can be locked.

If we are 'betting' etc on any type of event we also set an ATM up in the corner of this area which sells 'checks' in various denominations.

*Note: I ended up changing the arena floor pattern to two start lines and a center marked position (prior to opening it), which is seen in the link below. I thought that arrangement was more suitable for what I wanted out of the arena, gozas can be used to alter anything else needing to have other starting positions etc.

To 'view' this arena in action see here:

EVE Archives

view the event called 'skittering skirmish'

Hope that gives you some ideas!