• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help me test my suit builder (yet another spreadsheet)

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There are a ton of great tools for imbuing/suit building, and in the month that I've spent back in UO (a ten year absence!) I've made extensive use of many of them. The knuckleheads calculators and this forum in particular have proven to be very helpful to me as I try to get a grasp on the numerous changes to the items in the game that have been implemented since I left.

However, I'm a fairly particular person. Juggling multiple windows and tabs to build a suit (craft/imbue/enhance/tally resists and item properties) was too cumbersome for my tastes. So I made a spreadsheet that crams as much of that stuff into one sheet as possible.

On the front page you have selections for all weapons, all suit types, all head slot items, and all shields. All item totals are tallied at the right and, should you wish to imbue properties, each equipment slot is weighted at the bottom. After the initial refinement I'm hoping that this post will bring (feedback, criticism, suggestions, bugs), I will implement full artifact support. Zolaf's imbuing tool, which I just found yesterday, does everything else I'd hoped to do with this document in terms of shopping lists, so I'll leave this document be unless something striking comes up.

Feedback I'm looking for:
  • Factual Errors: is a stat listed on the spreadsheet simply not true?
  • Bugs: doing X breaks Y
  • Usability: this feature is cumbersome, try approaching it from the following angle
  • Spreadsheet wizardy: this document relies on mathematical functions in cells that are easily deleted, breaking major features in the process. There has to be a better way to implement many of these features, but I don't have the know-how.
  • New Features: something that isn't covered for the process of suit building, but ought to be.
Important information:
  • Make two local copies of this file if you want to help test it. I'm not kidding when I say it breaks easily!
  • Enable Google Scripts and use the custom clear function. The script does nothing but clear certain cells while preserving the mathematical functions underneath.
  • When in doubt, try clearing enhancements before deleting cell content. Most of the sheet can be reset through this function. As a rule of thumb, don't physically edit anything in an enhancement column but instead rely on the selections available at the top of each column.
Public comments have been enabled to facilitate feedback.

Lastly, thanks for your help!

Damascus Ironworks Suit Builder

----------
Fixes:
  • The wrong clear function script was included when I initially posted. That has been fixed.
  • Fixed some enhancements that were not displaying properly in the weapon and shield columns.
  • "Froze" the headers for easier access to enhancements/armor and weapon selections.

Last edited: