• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help, I suck so bad.

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Love the tamer and up to a point I do ok. As long as I stick to easy things I'm ok but as soon as I try to move forward the crap hits the fan. Not sure if its my Skills selection or just me.

Skills:
Tame 120 with jewels (Actual 98.1)
Vet 120
Lore 120
Mage 120
Eval 120
Med 120

Female Elf

I have managed to lead tame a couple Cu's that were in the entry area but every time I try to venture in to find a good one I die a horrible death.

Is there any Tamer or Guilds on LS that would be willing to Mentor a noobish Tamer?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the tamer and up to a point I do ok. As long as I stick to easy things I'm ok but as soon as I try to move forward the crap hits the fan. Not sure if its my Skills selection or just me.

Skills:
Tame 120 with jewels (Actual 98.1)
Vet 120
Lore 120
Mage 120
Eval 120
Med 120

Female Elf

I have managed to lead tame a couple Cu's that were in the entry area but every time I try to venture in to find a good one I die a horrible death.

Is there any Tamer or Guilds on LS that would be willing to Mentor a noobish Tamer?
Not currently active on LS (I'll start playing again next month during Free Return, then pay to reactivate for 3 months), but yes, I could. Do you use ICQ by chance? 310788258 is mine - if not, PM me and I'll give you my gmail address. For now, if nothing else, I can give you some tips on how to make taming easier - I wouldn't be able to help you tame a Cu though, as my characters are all human.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you are going for the Cu_s that spawn little further away from the entry, you have to get rid of those changelings first. The location where those respawn after they got killed are random. They are area spawn. If you keep killing them in the front area, you can reach a stage, where all of them are looring in the back. But it is a problem, if someone else is killing them in the back, too. (Use a freshly tamed Cu to kill them. Or/and lure them into the champ area to get helped by a ton of those pixies. But be carefull, those changelings have a nasty re-targetting system. Staying out of reach and casting invis on yourself often is your best friend.)

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nothing works as good in life as a little preparation. run protection and walk the changlings deeper down the pathways so there not a bother. pre cast and invis and continue to invis as needed to break agro.

for taming im a big fan of honor taming. a good way to get honor fast is to go into the blighted grove and honor the thrasher (black alligator) that spawns in the bottom of the grove. he's usually by himself so you don't have to worry about other spawn. you gain honor damn fast there.

also take the spell weaving quest. even as an elf with no skill you can cast gift of renewal and attunement on yourself.

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wow. Not the same Coals Mcsteel from Chessy way back?
Little shop in Vesper GZ?
Nope, but that does explain how my son came up with the name when I was creating my crafter. He played Chessy at game start and I played LS (Started in SBR if anyone still remembers them).