• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Help for template

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a swordman with this skill

120 sword (real)
120 Parrying (real)
110 Tactics ( real)
100 Anatomy (real)
100 Healing (real)
100 chivalry (with jewels)

For the last skill I'd like to raise
120 Bushido (with jewels)

My armour has 12 mana reg
On my jewels there is a 13% damage increase both on brace and ring.

It's a good template to play solo?
I have in soulstone also 120 archery. It's the reason i've choose to raise bushido :)
Some suggestion, please?

C

Connor_Graham

While not as powerful as a Sampire, the Chiv/Bushido warrior is still a viable template. You just have to do more jousting and know when to run to heal. You might want to think about working Resist to 100 to go with the Archery when you swap over since Parry won't do you any good as an archer. You should also drop Chiv down to 80 at least and use the points somewhere else. It's not needed at GM for either swordsmen or archers in PvM.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor, and if i drop parrying for 100 necro and a little focus or SS?
Necro is usefull only for vampiric embrace?
I don't be able to use a sampire but i can learn.
Obiuovsly i miss parrying.
And id i drop healing for SS I can't use my template with archery
Anothere thing. If i raise chivalry it's better have posutuve Karma but id i raise Necro it's better negative karma.
I'm very confuse
What do you thing about?

I've already read the post "help for a sampire" but i need more explanations. I don't know sampire at all!

C

Connor_Graham

The Sampire is explained in the sticky at the top of the forum. It takes some getting used to, with the hardest thing about it being learning how not to run when you start getting low on health. There is plenty of detail on how it works in that thread so I won't go into it here.

The comments on Archery that I made I was referring to the basic, patented, Connor Graham ABC Archer template that I use myself. I have a bit higher tactics, but for your purposes you can substitute Resist for Parry since Parry can't be used with Archery. My template is discussed many times in various ABC archer threads here, so I won't go into detail on that template either. Just do a search of my posts here in this forum and you should run across more than enough information on both templates to get you going.

S

Stupid Miner

Hm, that's pretty similar to the template I've been using recently

Archery 110 (need to get it to 120 somehow)
Bushido 120
Chivalry 70
Necromancy 100
Spirit Speak 100
Swordsmanship 120
Tactics 100

It's a lot of fun, and very effective.

Necro is usefull only for vampiric embrace?
-With 100 Necro and no Spirit Speak you can use Vampiric Embrace, which will give back to you 20% of the damage you do as health.
-And you can also cast Corpse Skin, which will lower your enemy's Fire and Poison Resist by 15 but increase Physical and Cold resist by 10. Very useful when paired with Consecrate Weapon. But the duration is shorter without Spirit Speak.

-Necromancy with 100 SS lets you cast curse weapon, which will last ~30 seconds at SS. It returns 50% of the damage you do as health.
-Corpse Skin lasts longer.
-Can use Wraith form, which will steal about 20% of the damage you do as mana (They lose mana, and you gain it). This is particularly useful against monsters with lots of armor. Depending on how tough they are, you can either use Armor Ignore every hit until they're dead (3 hits for succubi). Or you can alternate between Armor Ignore and Lightning Strike so you don't drain their mana pool as fast. Also, typically an Armor Ignore with Curse Weapon will get you back, or close to full health.
-Can use all the other Necromancy spells, but honestly, the others aren't all that useful for PvM purposes, especially for a fighter.

Template allows for the freedom to switch freely between Wraith and Vampire+Curse weapon (70% leech!) as is needed for the particular situation.

Same with the Archery on the template, if something's too hard in close combat, switch to a bow and kill it from a distance. And for large crowds you still have the capability to run in and whirlwind them all to death. :)

Another thing. If i raise chivalry it's better have positive Karma but if i raise Necro it's better negative karma?
Chivalry spells last longer with higher karma. Close wounds heals about 6-8 more damage with high karma (about 25 damage healed with bad karma at 70 skill). And Remove Curse is a waste of mana without very high karma.
The only thing affected by karma for Necromancy is how much mana a shadow wisp familiar will give you. But shadow wisps are almost entirely useless for fighters since they get themselves killed in 3 seconds anyway.

Low karma Chivalry has some irritating effects, but it's far from weak or useless.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor, you don't understood and please, answer to the questions instead of put off your guide rolleyes:
It's not the first time that you do this to me.
If your guide is "the best of" i seem that this forum is usefull :confused:

Stupid miner thanks, now my ideas are clearer :)
I 've decided to make my swordman like this
( with jewels)
120 sword ( or in future archery)
110 tactics
120 bushido
100 chivalry
100 anatomy
100 necro ( i drop parrying for necro)
100 healing or SS

The last few points go to tactics or to anatomy
Here the last thing. It's better healing or SS to heal me? I'ts a choise of mine or there is a skill that is really better then the other?
Thanks

C

Connor_Graham

Connor, you don't understood and please, answer to the questions instead of put off your guide rolleyes:
It's not the first time that you do this to me.
If your guide is "the best of" i seem that this forum is usefull :confused:
The answers to your questions are already in the sticky'd threads, as well as countless other threads on the same subject. Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, repeat them yet again because you're too lazy to do a little research and reading? If you have a question that isn't answered in either a sticky or another thread, then I'd be more than happy to answer it, as I've done more times than I care to count in other threads. The first thing you should do before asking any question is to see if it's already been covered elsewhere.

In short, ask for an answer and receive one with a smile. Expect an answer, and you'd better not hold your breath.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not lazy, i know english not very well. And is easier for me read the answer to one or two questions that a lot af things. I've already told this thinks, Connor :)
You are too acid. I don't like it :sad2:
Ok, in the guide i don't found the question to my answer.
Is it better healing of SS to heal me, in the template that i decided to do?
Healing is good also for cure poison but i have chivalry and i can use cleans of fire.
Then what skill is better, please? It's only a choise of mine or there is a better skill?
Thanks

S

shulginist

Basically as stated above most questions have been answered by Connor and a few others (quite a few times at that). If for some reason you aren't finding the answer you are looking for you could always go to the test center, set your skills and try out a few things and see for yourself what works best for you.

S

Stupid Miner

Basically as stated above most questions have been answered by Connor and a few others (quite a few times at that). If for some reason you aren't finding the answer you are looking for you could always go to the test center, set your skills and try out a few things and see for yourself what works best for you.
... she just said she doesn't read English well (she's Italian)

Is it better healing of SS to heal me, in the template that i decided to do?
Healing is good also for cure poison but i have chivalry and i can use cleans of fire.
Then what skill is better, please? It's only a choise of mine or there is a better skill?
They're different, actually using the SS skill for healing is typically a backup option, not a main form of healing.

Curse Weapon leeches 50% of the damage you do, which can be problematic if you have trouble hitting the enemy, or aren't doing much damage.
Curse weapon heals through poison and mortal.
Typically you can ignore the poison and wait for it to wear off since you're usually leeching enough back to make the poison unnoticeable.

Bandages have a 4 second delay, and become weaker if you take too much damage, they heal 36-60 damage with 100 healing/100 Anatomy.
Bandages heal nothing if you get poisoned, and you can't use them when under the effects of Mortal Strike.

Also, remember that with Vampiric Embrace (or orange petals) you're only affected by Deadly or Lethal poison.

So if you do 30 damage a hit, Vampire+Curse weapon leeches health every hit.
With 50 damage you'll leech 35 health per hit, and with 100 damage, 70 health.

With Healing you get whatever the bandages heal + Vampire: 6 health from 30 damage, 10 from 50 damage, and 20 from 100 damage.
and you still have bandages for when you miss.

And don't forget there's always Confidence which heals up to 40 damage with 120 bushido.
And there are Healing potions if you're using a 1-handed weapon heals 20-25 HP instantly, but with a 10 second cooldown

I must admit, I haven't used bandages since Samurai Empire came out. Don't like the micro-management involved. (remembering to always keep re-applying them)

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Stipid Miner. I think to have understood what you have sayed.
I've decided to raise SS.
I'll drop healing in a soulstone to see the difference but i think that SS is better for me.

S

shulginist

... she just said she doesn't read English well (she's Italian)
Yep I have read her saying that in a couple different threads. The point to my post was to go to test center and test it out for herself as opposed to have someone tell her whats best for her.

S

Stupid Miner

Yep I have read her saying that in a couple different threads. The point to my post was to go to test center and test it out for herself as opposed to have someone tell her whats best for her.
It's good advice, but it's better to mix both, find out what other people think and then test. Testing everything without a set goal would take forever.

I know that. I also know that if she can read and understand your post, then she can read and understand the sticky at the top.
rolleyes: