• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello

Folded

Journeyman
Hello everyone i have recently adventured back to UO again. I started back in 97 - 04 I've been off and on since and played a few random free servers. I am about to leap into full dedication for playing again. I have always been a fan of the old school way so i am leaning more towards Siege. Is there much activity on SP during 6pm-1am CST? I would like to join a community and enjoy the game again. I have been messing around on ATL but there is just too much new going on i feel lost. I did play AoS for a while and kinda enjoyed it. I enjoy PvM doing champs and hunting. PvP will come along with the new adventure i am about to take. I am leaning on doing a Tamer with provoke or Peace. something along them lines. Or archer provoke, Mage provoke. Something to start me out and build money, and if i enjoy the game again like i hope ill start up a 2nd account. So anyone's 2 cents would be highly appreciated.

On a side note i have a few mills on ATL do people do still shard transfers? I started on ATL as it is more popular but there is too much new stuff going on for me to enjoy the game. I just do buying and selling as fun but that gets old quick.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hail and welcome to Siege.

Compared to Atlantic, Siege is a quiet shard. There is activity though if you know where to look for it. We usually don´t hang out in the places they do on the prodo shards.
Also, in order for our community to grow we need new people like you to stay. Then when the next guy comes asking about the population we can present a one man stronger community. ;)

So I say make a char and try out Siege. You have nothing to lose.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A Summary for Returning Players – Ultima Online

You cannot transfer on or off on Siege, also gold trades between Siege and Prodo shards is like 10%, so if you had 10mil on Atlantic most you get here maybe is 1mil on Atlantic a trans scroll would sell for 100k a 10th of a point here that same scroll would sell for 10k a 10th of a point.

P.S. NPC Vendors are 3 times the cost and no selling back to them. If you like fighting windmills then this is the place to be ;)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome, Siege is fairly diverse in the time frames due to people from different countries and time zones playing the shard. chances are good you will find some folks playing at that time. if you need a starter suit, i will gladly make you one to suit your needs (free of charge)

Folded

Journeyman
Thanks everyone. I will probably enjoy siege more then all the other shards for the fact of being able to loot someone. Unsure of Siege name yet. thinking about doing a basic mage provoke with hide. When provoked work while hidden? I figure keep it basic for now then learn the new abilities. I am actually excited to start a new char up. @Victim of Siege I would defiantly appreciate any suit to train with.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone. I will probably enjoy siege more then all the other shards for the fact of being able to loot someone. Unsure of Siege name yet. thinking about doing a basic mage provoke with hide. When provoked work while hidden? I figure keep it basic for now then learn the new abilities. I am actually excited to start a new char up. @Victim of Siege I would defiantly appreciate any suit to train with.
You can use provoke while hidden, but it will reveal you. You can hide while you have things provoked, but you need to be visible for them to keep fighting. IIRC, if you are hidden or off screen for more than 11 seconds, your provoke will wear off. The main issue you may have, is that both skills are timered skills. Using one skill will prevent you from using the other skill for a short time.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Your the one who I was going to give a full mage book to but you dissappeared. I go to Zento as I dont care at all for luna.

Folded

Journeyman
Your the one who I was going to give a full mage book to but you dissappeared. I go to Zento as I dont care at all for luna.
Sweet thanks. I'll be around tonight. But I been considering Xferting some gold over. If I do decide too I'll be more then happy to pay you. :) but as of right now, heck yeah I would love a full spell book.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back. I'm Creeger on Siege, and I'm online almost every night during your play time. I'll try to get you in on some group activity.

Leprechaun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Welcome into the mix.

But be warned once you go Siege you'll never go back.

If you still need one give a shout out and I'll give you a full spell book of any of the different persuasions free.