• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello! *waves to the thin crowd*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most of ya know me. I'm a laid back kinda guy, been around *this* world about 10 yrs, the real world waaaay longer than that. So I have learned, in both worlds, to pick and choose my battles.

That said, I am not going to sticky this, cause a thread is already stickied up there for everyone to ignore. I'll just refresh your memories:

We are here for support for each other.
We are here for an exchange of ideas.
We will not disparage or denigrate each other (for the largest part, this won't be too closely watched in the pvp thread by me...as it seems to be a part of the playstyle/attitude/personality.)
We will not attack other players, living *or* dead.
We will build community.

Enjoy, and converse!

Oh yeah, and this little bit here ;)

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of ya know me. I'm a laid back kinda guy, been around *this* world about 10 yrs, the real world waaaay longer than that. So I have learned, in both worlds, to pick and choose my battles.

That said, I am not going to sticky this, cause a thread is already stickied up there for everyone to ignore. I'll just refresh your memories:

We will not disparage or denigrate each other (for the largest part, this won't be too closely watched in the pvp thread by me...as it seems to be a part of the playstyle/attitude/personality.)
We will build community.

Enjoy, and converse!

Oh yeah, and this little bit here ;)

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

Eh, I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon like the posters above me. I'll try and break it down to ya from my point of view.

- This is not a "support" forum from my understanding. This forum is for those who play/played Legends to communicate ideas. No one will always agree, making these forums not a support friendly zone.

- Yup.

- Without antagonists, these forums would be lackluster.

- I agree personal attacks are lame. Although i think you should take the "dead" part out of there. Reason i say this is, it wouldn't be included if certain people didn't take bobs comment the wrong way. It wasn't meant as a personal attack! With the dead being included, one could look at it as you taking a shot at Bob?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't think anyone that read that post before it disappeared took it the wrong way at all

if the attempt was to be cute or clever it failed miserably

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't think anyone that read that post before it disappeared took it the wrong way at all

if the attempt was to be cute or clever it failed miserably

Thanks for proving my first point.

Don't get me wrong, I know how Bobs comment could have been taken. Anyone who knows Bob looked at it differently...

bobmac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi *knows why its a thin crowd*

Honestly I really dont care how anyone on this forum thinks of me, in fact I have always enjoyed making people mad. What does amaze me is the utter ignorance of the community in a whole. Im sorry I never got into roleplaying and wasnt a part of that community so I guess Im not part of the "cool" kids crowd here on stratics. I really dont care if this gets deleted or I get banned seeing how the mods here are only letting people post if they agree with their sense of community. Since its a big topic here lately on what i posted let me explain it in a way that you will understand. Thunder has had a fued with Omni forever on these boards, and since everytime Omni posted (which was alot)Thunder would attack him (amazing his posts never got deleted) over petty crap. The post was meant to be a wakeup call to Thunder to appreciate the friends made in the game over time and not to let gold or money stand in the way. Yes I have a wry sense of humor and usually only a few people get it (usually the ones who know me), but thats because I try to make people think about it when I post.

But anyhow this is how I think in mmorg games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

N

NewThunder

Hi *knows why its a thin crowd*

Honestly I really dont care how anyone on this forum thinks of me, in fact I have always enjoyed making people mad. What does amaze me is the utter ignorance of the community in a whole. Im sorry I never got into roleplaying and wasnt a part of that community so I guess Im not part of the "cool" kids crowd here on stratics. I really dont care if this gets deleted or I get banned seeing how the mods here are only letting people post if they agree with their sense of community. Since its a big topic here lately on what i posted let me explain it in a way that you will understand. Thunder has had a fued with Omni forever on these boards, and since everytime Omni posted (which was alot)Thunder would attack him (amazing his posts never got deleted) over petty crap. The post was meant to be a wakeup call to Thunder to appreciate the friends made in the game over time and not to let gold or money stand in the way. Yes I have a wry sense of humor and usually only a few people get it (usually the ones who know me), but thats because I try to make people think about it when I post.

But anyhow this is how I think in mmorg games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw
If I attacked Omni everytime he posted, I would have to quit my job and do nothing but watch the boards. Your mistake was to get in the middle of our fued, Omni and I are big boys, we have been doing this for a long time. I could also careless what you say about me, but when you besmirched the memory of one of the kindest folks ever to play this game, clearly you crossed a line.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well that's just it, isn't it..... not everyone "knows Bob", the same as not everyone knows me, so when posting a thought a person should try to be as clear as possible so that there aren't any misconceptions

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the point has been debated long enough.

Let this issue rest.

If you have problems with my handling of the situation, or feel you have been wronged, email Stratics Admins with your complete.

Do not start this discussion again. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.