• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello, returning to UO

• Thread starter PrasketDeStilo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

PrasketDeStilo

Hello all, I just wanted to say hello. I have played UO off and on over the years since 98 and thought it was time to come back again. Previously I was in a guild called Underground Knights but I cannot get anyone in game that is in the guild to respond, and the old website www.undergroundknight.com but the website seems to have been taken over by ad's and junk and redirects to http://www.tazzandkeg.com. So I hope to meet some new people in game and find a new guild to call home.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many guilds out there that would be more than happy to have you!

CTDM (C[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]ovenant of The Dark Moon) [/SIZE][/FONT]is always looking for new people. We are a more PvM guild who do quite a bit of peerless spawns

Afk (A[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]lmost Famous Knights)[/SIZE][/FONT] is also a good choice! CTDM use to be allied with Afk and we sure do miss that! Afk & UTB are known to have a weekly Doom run every Sunday and can usually be seen with a few CTDM doing some peerless spawns =P

UTB (U[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]nited Tamers of Britannia) is an all tamers guild who is allied with Afk

If you are into Roleplaying we have LOTS of guilds for that as well!

DWN (K[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1]ingdom of Dawn) for example is one of the more well known, and if you are an evil based character there is always DT (The Dark Tower) - both guilds run by very beauitful and wise women!

There is also K T (Keepers of the Tower) which is actually my own guild based on the guild MT (The Mage Tower) and how it use to be way back in the day.

There truly is a lot of RP guilds out there and most are allied with eachother, we have just about everything you can think of!

Also if you require a lower reagent suit to gain magery I can help with that!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

P

PrasketDeStilo

Thank you for the response. I remember KOD ( Prasket De Stilo was actually with them a few years ago) , UTB ( I do have a tamer I was working on last I was in), and MT.

I am more of a PVM vs PVP player myself. I appreciate the gesture on the lower reg suit, I think I had one the last time I was in game. I will have to check, it had been over a year maybe two.
I am sure my Keep that I had near Trinsic has been replaced by someone else. I should have just kept my account going and logged in every once in awhile to be able to keep the Keep I had and all of the tons of stuff I had gathered in it. Oh well, maybe I will build a house this time if I can find a lot to place on.

I am installing the Kingdom Reborn client right now so I should be able to login soon and check everything out. Hopefully I can run into some of the guild and chat with them in game. Maybe check out some web sites for them if they have them.

Thank you again for the response, offer, and information.
Safe Journeys,
Prasket De Stilo

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
placing a house is not an issue at all...sadly
biggest thing you can place without really looking is an 18x18 and a large tower
if you're looking at a keep or castle, best bet is to try IDOCs or buying one.

P

PrasketDeStilo

Anything would do really, I just happened to get lucky on that Keep I had last time I was in. Where would you suggest I look in placing a home?

By your statement I am guessing that the # of UO players has dropped a lot over the years..

Y

Yalp

Hey Prasket..

just read your post on the Rogue forums.. but I didn't know you used to be in Underground Knights..

CTDM founders used to be part of OsD, an ally of UG.K and the alliance. I know a bunch of those alliance members moved off of UO about 3 years ago or so.. around the time of the CTDM creation!

As far as looking for housing placement.. if you insist on a keep or castle *can't place in Malas* this won't apply, but the road from Umbra toward Luna before you go through the mountains has plenty of space .. might not get a spot right on the path, but one house behind is a good place to look. Also CTDM members have been putting houses up north of the orc fort on the same path, again just before the mountains, between the pathway and the star fields!

P

PrasketDeStilo

Ahh, very nice. Well I might just have to apply with CTDM then once I get everything set back up and in the game. I just logged all of my toons in and moved them to Skara instead of the middle of the forrest they were in from my old Keep. Was running around near Skara just checking out empty housing locations.

I will look in Malas where you are speaking of here in a few. I appreciate the tip.

Safe Journeys

P

PrasketDeStilo

Well looks like I was able to find all kinds of places in the areas you mentioned. I ended up placing a 18x18 in the area north of orc fort almost agaist the star fields. Looks like it is very near CTDM Rogue's Gallery and a place called Sooner Haven owned by VADERR.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh UGK!! Welcome back. Sadly most of them left UO to that other game of which I will not mention. But yes as Ceno and Yalp mentioned, lots of good guilds. I'm partial to UTB/afk but thats just me :)

P

PrasketDeStilo

:) I am sure I can guess the game. I played it but it just gets boring to me after awhile. No real in game stuff etc like here..

I am thinking about trying to get my Tamer in UTB once he is leveled a bit more. I need A TON of work on him I am sure. Still undecided on a guild for my main toon, nor my Nercro/Mage toon.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back, Prasket.

Man, I haven't seen UGK in a while, where the hell are they? Is their guild website still up?

Anyhow, see you on the field.

P

PrasketDeStilo

Thanks SuperKen, seems most have went to WOW, the guild site redirects to another site that I still do not quite understand but do know that there is barely anything to do with UO. I did see a blog about UO vs WOW.

Why look who it is, hello there Nok. It has been awhile.. How are you doing these days?

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pras,

Me? The usual. Work, family, building up the toolbar biz (GameXbar). Logged into UO earlier in the week, and ran into Spellbound for the first time in a long time. :)

How's life treating you? Missed UO... didn't you? I wish I could play everyday. ;)

P

PrasketDeStilo

Right on, Right on.. Very nice, I will have to check out the site later. Oh really, cool..

Life is good, working and hanging out, no family per se. Working on an iPhone software company start up with a good buddy of mine. Things were going well until we got hit with some licensing things so dealing with that now.. Yes I sure did lol, doesnt everyone know and then :)