• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello, New Player Here

John Deere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. I'm not just new to this server but UO in general. I've heard of this game for years but never actually tried it until last week. Now I'm hooked. Hooked like I'm on crack!

I have a friend that used to play long ago. We've been playing other MMO's together and he told me about how wonderful the housing and crafting is, which was missing on the other games we played. So, I decided to give it a try. My friend is mostly into questing and PvP which is what the other game had that we used to play. But, I'm old and mellow and just want to decorate a house and craft. LOL.

Anywho, here I am. Oh, the reason I choose this server, is because my friend said it would have the most housing available. I think he used to play on Great Lakes or something.

I love the fact there is no set template and that I can go off and do whatever I want and don't have to adhere to a strict set of leveling guidelines. The players I have met so far are very nice and make me feel welcome. Saving up my gold to place house, have about 75k now.

Um, I heard most of the community is mature and not a bunch a kids like where the game I used to play. The events really seem to bring people together here. I had a little trouble with the account management but other then that everything is going pretty smoothly and I seem to know all the ropes.

I have a couple of questions please:

Are there bow crafting bods/power scrolls?
How do I make a quiver?

Because I have 2 characters so far; a pally archer and a Lumberjack/bow crafter/tailor, suggested to me by my former UO player friend.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome to Legends. I think you made a good choice ;).
Dunno who thought we were mature tho!

No PS for bowcrafting.
Don't craft a quiver, get a quiver of infinity, or a heritage token and then choose the quiver of infinity.

I love my archer, that was a good choice. Crafting, you will need to work in a smith, tinker and imbuer, imbuer should be gargoyle, cause unless things have changed recently they get a bit of bonus to imbuing.

The mystic/thrower is the other template you will see alot.
There are several of us ingame who can help you with a good housing spot, if you are wanting a particular style.

If you see Forlem Valdesh, Uriah Heep, Matt Logan running around, they will be glad to help you if they can.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Welcome aboard. :)
Archer is a pretty good template to start, and the harpies in covetous are a great source of feathers and good training.

I usually only play during weekends and people there know me as Zath. If you need anything from a good starter suit, a good bow, arrows, weapon, etc... call me at the general chat this Sunday and I can fix it to you. :)
I might be on Saturday, but since I am going on a business trip tomorrow, it is not granted that I will make it home in time to play Saturday.

Looking forward to meet you in game. :D

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zath is one of our treasures, always helping out newcomers. Another person to watch for is Caveman Jack, another kind soul. Is your name ingame also John Deere?

Welcome to Legends :)

John Deere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Zath is one of our treasures, always helping out newcomers. Another person to watch for is Caveman Jack, another kind soul. Is your name ingame also John Deere?

Welcome to Legends :)
I've met Caveman Jack in Haven and he did help me. :)

No I have 2 chars so far and their last names are both Fairbanks and their first names are Johny and Willie. LOL

They both stay in Haven for now because afraid to leave there. I've gone to Luna Too.

John Deere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a couple of questions please.

Bone armor: I found a piece of bone armor that dropped on a mob. How do I repair it? How do I recycle bone armor that I find into bones?

How do I make Ultima Mapper work? I downloaded and installed this ad on but it's not working. I think I need the server IP or something to connect.

Can runes be crafted? The small brown ones you use to mark spots with from NPC mage vendors, with the mark spell and then drop in a rune book.

Thanks. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it repairs, a tailor would do it.
Bone armor won't recycle, and I hate that!

Don't know, I never could get it to work either.

No. Good news is they are really cheap at the mage shop. But for anything like that, or cloth even, get out of Luna and it will be cheaper.

John Deere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If it repairs, a tailor would do it.
Bone armor won't recycle, and I hate that!

Don't know, I never could get it to work either.

No. Good news is they are really cheap at the mage shop. But for anything like that, or cloth even, get out of Luna and it will be cheaper.
Ok, thank you Uriah.

Oh, one more thing. I have 75 weapon skill, what mob should I be killing?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You should be killing stuff at Shame level one with the brand new elemental slayer crossbow I am making for you right at this moment.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. And also the first two levels of Humilty spawn if it is rats or lizzies...imps and undead are a bit tougher.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
In fact, I am standing in Haven right now, looking for yer blood. :p

John Deere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How do I find out who is on-line and where they are? Is it through the in-game chat system, because I don't know any commands for that yet, just can say stuff.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
, space will get general chat
\ space will be guild chat
| space will be alliance chat

That's for the CC, no idea in the EC

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For EC, press enter and type /chat for general chat, /guild for guild chat, /alliance for alliance chat or just press enter and keep pressing tab until you are at the channel you want to talk to.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome! If the rest of the above aren't in-game, give a yell for "Hippo" in General Chat if you need anything:)