• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HELLO FROM UKRAINE)) pls help

T

Tractile

Hey all...
I have some free time at this winter and wanna to play UO, please somebody can help me, and give answer on some question?
My location is - Europe - Ukraine, and i wanna start to play at some nice shard, where is the big online players - someone can tell me nice and its free or payment?? and how to connect there, last time i has played 5 years ago - and i don't known what is the new version of Ultima Online? - KINGDOM REBORN or other?

Thanks a lot for your attention.........

S

Sindris

I'd say Europa would be your best bet for a shard, for obvious reasons. That shard still has a good RP population and you would likely find the least amount of lag there. Can't vouch for housing space, I've had reason to look for any there. Bottom line, its still a well populated shard with people that will help you out if you approach them correctly.

Kingdom Reborn is a new version of the UO client. It has not replaced the old client, its just an optional client with updated graphics and a new interface. Its just an optional client like the old 3D version was. I recommend you start with what you remember (the 2d Client) and maybe try the Kingdom Reborn client later on. Its a rather large download.

You can (as far as I know) still find UO boxed sets at Amazon.com. I could be wrong, I often am. The last boxed release was the "9th anniversary" boxed set. That was two years ago, so expect to put in some patch time once you get it installed.

Good luck getting back on and Welcome Back!

T

Tractile

I'd say Europa would be your best bet for a shard, for obvious reasons. That shard still has a good RP population and you would likely find the least amount of lag there. Can't vouch for housing space, I've had reason to look for any there. Bottom line, its still a well populated shard with people that will help you out if you approach them correctly.
Thx u, I have ISP = 2.5Mbps, I don't known its enough?
Can u give me link, how to connect to Europe Shard?
And its PvP ? or Peaceful? I looking for PvP

Thanks again

S

Sindris

Are you looking for a free-shard? If so I misunderstood you and apologize as I have never played a free-shard, just production shards.

S

Sindris

Yeah, this is the "Official" UO forums, so can't really link info on free-shards here. Bad for business doncha' know. Plenty of other places you can find that info just using Google. Good luck.

heh, just noticed Petra and I are Sick and Tired. Must be the holidays...

T

Tractile

Sorry guys .... but thx for help, just last question; tell me what a price (payment) to play at official EA europe server?

S

Sindris

Follow the Link Petra posted above, everything you need to know is there.

T

Tractile

yeah, thanks for Petra, this link - realy usefull
cu later