• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello, anybody home. What make you to busy to come here?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hi All

Forum is very slow at the moment so maybe we need something speak about to keep this forum alive.
I know you are here so what are you doing?
How do you like ToL so far?
What is your favorit part of it?
What do you dislike?

I believe all know, I love the stone crafting, that let me use my castle better. I'm not done rebuilding it yet and have one more castle to do.

Right now, I'm taking a break from customizing and trying to explore Eodon and get some of the recipes.

I'm happy for poison mastery, have level II so far. It's nice I can use poison with all my bows but the level is lower than with bow with snake arrows and it's hard to repoison my bow, hope that get better, when I get level III.

I don't like this aggressive npc's in the villages, I hope there will come a way to interact with them.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Hi All

Forum is very slow at the moment so maybe we need something speak about to keep this forum alive."

Having the forum less fubared to the point it's become snafu would really help i imagine. The Stratics folks need to backtrack about half a year to before they started screwing it up so badly and then read the documentation to the forum software before making any new changes.
"I know you are here so what are you doing?"

I'm currently getting settled back into the game. The bazaar is looking to be pretty much well taken care of by Gatherers and no more vendors are really needed so I'm going to hunt and stash the items I get on tables at my greenhouse shop so people can see if what they want is there and drop me a book if there's something they'd like to buy.

"How do you like ToL so far?"

Aside from the Spellweaving Primer 2 or 3 being available to make Spellweaving 5 or 6 focuses easy to get one day and the two added stable slots that eliminates the need to soulstone a dozen skills to restable my blue beetle & fire beetle each time I use one of them, not much is clicking with me. I play a mage and each ebolt only adding a pixel or two of red to a villager health bar is making hunting them tedious and so I just wind up casting a long chain of EVs at them which is boring. It's going to be like the ML dungeons, places that exist that I ignore. Just doesn't click with me.

"What is your favorite part of it?"

The Spellweaving circle mastery bonus and the two added stable slots

"What do you dislike?"

To damn many hit points on the monsters.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cusses fluently and vividly*

Glad I copied the thing *rolls eyes*

"Hi All

Forum is very slow at the moment so maybe we need something speak about to keep this forum alive."

Having the forum less fubared to the point it's become snafu would really help i imagine. The Stratics folks need to backtrack about half a year to before they started screwing it up so badly and then read the documentation to the forum software before making any new changes.

I'm currently getting settled back into the game. The bazaar is looking to be pretty much well taken care of by Gatherers and no more vendors are really needed so I'm going to hunt and stash the items I get on tables at my greenhouse shop so people can see if what they want is there and drop me a book if there's something they'd like to buy.

Aside from the Spellweaving Primer 2 or 3 being available to make Spellweaving 5 or 6 focuses easy to get one day and the two added stable slots that eliminates the need to soulstone a dozen skills to restable my blue beetle & fire beetle each time I use one of them, not much is clicking with me. I play a mage and each ebolt only adding a pixel or two of red to a villager health bar is making hunting them tedious and so I just wind up casting a long chain of EVs at them which is boring. It's going to be like the ML dungeons, places that exist that I ignore. Just doesn't click with me.

"What do you dislike?"

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Hi All

"What do you dislike?"

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stratics has been very unstable, to put it mildly.

ToL is great. New stealables, tameables, craftables, all for free. I use the lvl 3 taming mastery A LOT. It is wonderful when tanking something one on one. I've been training two high end tigers and they are killers. One of them combined with a tune beetle would destroy close range combatants I think.

I realize the intent is for ToL to be added to add time goes on but I have one major complaint. The Dragon in the Belfry encounter in shadowguard is unbelievably hard. Either extend the feather timers so that more than one person can get up there or take him down a notch. I've fought it now maybe 15 times with a WIDE variety of templates and tactics and still no luck.

Other than that I love ToL.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any group hunts for mastery primers being planned?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tanivar, ask in general chat. Victim and I did two together this weekend by just asking in GC, and I know he did at least one more yesterday. Or just post what you need and what you'll trade or pay for it on the forums.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe the spawn are balanced vs Trammel players, who run in gear, we would not dream about use on Siege. I too find the village people are a little to hard to kill.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tanivar, ask in general chat. Victim and I did two together this weekend by just asking in GC, and I know he did at least one more yesterday. Or just post what you need and what you'll trade or pay for it on the forums.
What I need is the Spellweaving primer 3, or at least the #2. I've been EVing the Spawn on Isamu Island but, as a mage, really lack the bang to be very effective at it. How people solo these things is beyond me. I'm a gatherer, I haven't ran with the big dogs since my first years playing. The only things of value I have to trade are Raised garden beds, I might have 2 or 3 million gold tops. Means I'll likely have to get it myself unless another one I can afford turns up on vendor search.

I personally cant comment on this, i have the upgrade and purchased stygian abyss but im returning after a 15 year hiatus, seems like monsters in the extended lands are really tough if your skills are below GM. What skill level would you recommend before really exploring the new lands?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tanivar: I have lvl 1, just checked. If you are a crafter, got any Abyssal Cloth? Orange petals? Blaze/gold colored reward cloth?

Gihdar: Don't let skills keep you from exploring.

Kelmo: What's with all the shouting?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tanivar: I have lvl 1, just checked. If you are a crafter, got any Abyssal Cloth? Orange petals? Blaze/gold colored reward cloth?
I've got 917 orange petals, none of the other two items. I've been saving what large tailoring bods and small armor/shoe Tailoring Bods I get but all I've done is stuff them in a couple books, all I've been doing are Bods for Mining tools.

I do have 9400 thread and 2400 yarn I could use to make some bolts of cloth for you if you do cloth Tailoring Bods. Got 15000 horned leather I could part with some of.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tanivar, can't send you a PM. I'll trade it to you for one of the following tailor BODS:

Exceptional 4-part Outfits (4-part Cloth-Outfits / Footwear-Set) - horned leather - (20)
Exceptional 4-part Outfits (4-part Cloth-Outfits / Footwear-Set) - barbed leather - (10)
Normal 5-part Outfits (TownCrier / Studded AR / Bone AR) - horned leather - (20)
Normal 5-part Outfits (TownCrier / Studded AR / Bone AR) - barbed leather - (10)

PM me if you can.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Tanivar, I have a lvl 1 and lvl 2 spellweaving primer.

lvl 1 - 750k
lvl 2 - 1.5 mil

I can put them on my vendor if you're interested.
No thanks, I passed on the one for 700,005 gold, getting a zero circle wasn't that much of a hassle. Certainly not worth over twice that much. I'll leave it for someone who uses Spellweaving as a main skill. :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Means I'll likely have to get it myself unless another one I can afford turns up on vendor search.
I really only play over nights, but if I'm around I'd be happy to help you do some spawns. Baracoon is very easy (I can solo it no prob) if you can avoid getting raided. I'm sure there are others a small group could do without too much stress.

If you run a few a week you'll get what you need eventually, or find something to trade.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really only play over nights, but if I'm around I'd be happy to help you do some spawns. Baracoon is very easy
About what time do you play? I'll adjust my time to be in game.

Very easy sounds good, I haven't ran with the Big Dogs in quite a while.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got it up to Ratmen & Dire Wolves and prompty died twice from getting surrounded, going to have to get Landreu to make some more spare suits or I'll have to steal his spare. :gee:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are trying to solo Barracoon, I'd recommend the following:

1. Vermin slayer - much of the spawn gets affected by this. These are going as talismans.

2. Hit area weapon - only way to go for low levels.

3. Keep southern side clear - best open area to use as a "base" for when you need to catch your breath

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a spellslinger and was playing piped piper then casting EVs and staying by them as bait, was being quite successful at it. :mf_prop:

I'll have to look for a mage weapon vermin or repond slayer, might help avoid getting trapped. Being in a cavern is a big difference from the Isamu champ spawn, can't dodge as well.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Once upon a time...
Not very long ago...
There was a loose alliance...
Mostly tiny guilds and solo players...

This worked for Star Wars...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a spellslinger and was playing piped piper then casting EVs and staying by them as bait, was being quite successful at it. :mf_prop:

I'll have to look for a mage weapon vermin or repond slayer, might help avoid getting trapped. Being in a cavern is a big difference from the Isamu champ spawn, can't dodge as well.
Hey Tanivar, I got a level 3 SW today if you didn't see the post I made. I'm sure we can work something out if'n you still be seekin'. We can still go boss bashing though sometime if you want! :D

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Tanivar, I got a level 3 SW today if you didn't see the post I made. I'm sure we can work something out if'n you still be seekin'. We can still go boss bashing though sometime if you want! :D
That I am! :party:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tanivar, I believe Vermin slayer only comes on talismans. I don't think mage weapons with that particular slayer exist.