• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hello All and Happy New Year!

• Thread starter imported_agathe
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_agathe

Hello to all who knew me, loved me, hated me and dont know me.

Anyway Happy New Year to all. How are you people doing?

Was wondering if it is worth coming back to UO?

I

imported_JediSith

Happy New Year... What i have heard its a bit quite in UO Oceania.... But its always like that around Christmas and the New year as alot of people are on holidays.... Like me but mines been a long 8 month holiday...

In Glasglow waiting for a few hours so i can get drunk again....
Don't worry i will be back like the goventator would say in March.

G

*falls into the don't know you category*

Happy New Year to you too! Dunno why UO would be *not* worth coming back to - it's always fun =D

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing has changed for the good or the bad Oceania just stays the same

G

Aggy!!! Hello!!!
Dont listen to these nay sayers!! Oce's going great and a hive of activities with 2 event guilds keeping people amused theres been doom changes so that place is rocking again theres a new player run villiage with all sorts of fun lil things in it.
You should come back and check out all the things that have appeared in game since your absence!!!
Hope you are all better! *hugs*

S

StarlaUO

^^ Hiya! You may be interested to check out Doom, they have adjusted Doom arties so its more easier to get (
even when u have more than a set already)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hello to all who knew me, loved me, hated me and don't know me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very happy new year to you as well. Its nice to see you again.

As for the state of UO today it depends on your perspective, Some say it be dead or empty. With the holidays yes it has been a little slower however I know that I can log in and always fine someone to do something with so it depends on your perspective and what you do in the game.

There have been many many changes....I am not quite sure when you left us but there are new dungeons, dungeon changes, more player run events, As katlene said a new player village and personally I find lots to do.

I hope you return its always nice to have older players return. &amp; KOL should definitely open up there auction house again I miss my visits to ice.

I

imported_agathe

OMG star u still camping doom???

Kat u are still here? how are you and your family?

Hey ama, are u the guild leader who has a new baby?

Hi far, how are you too?

Yes i am thinking of coming back, but with new life and baby its a bit tricky. My new husband doesnt game. so i need to explain to him why i am clicking on icon or item in the game. but anyhow, i am so happy some of u still remember me. and still in uo.

G

hehe yeah im still here. take something big to make me wanna leave :p family is great got 2 ruggies now, ammy and i had a baby around the same time she got sugar and spice and i got slugs n snails tehehe. Congrats on your baby! i had no idea you were expecting!!
Pleasssse come back!! show this hubby how awesome UO is and get him to join in!!.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey ama, are u the guild leader who has a new baby?

Yes i am thinking of coming back, but with new life and baby its a bit tricky. My new husband doesnt game. so i need to explain to him why i am clicking on icon or item in the game. but anyhow, i am so happy some of u still remember me. and still in uo.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe yep that's me she is 15 months old now, So I perfectly understand how it can be hard with a new baby but you will find everyone is pretty understandable when you say you have to leave a spawn to tend to the little ones *grins* And if there not well pffft to them I say.

I do hope you come back, alot of us are still really enjoying the game and there are alot of new faces as well. And just lots of exciting things to do still. heck there are actually things in the game I am still yet to explore so its far from getting old for me.

Welcome back if you need a hand settling back in just give a shout always happy to help.

I

imported_agathe

Congrats to kat and ama on their new babies. wow u had a son katlene? i wanted a son, but oh well... will have to wait for another try again, perhaps this year. this baby girl of mine, is ok sometimes, but she can be quite cranky... doc says its normal at 2 mths old. but the pain of labor deters me from having another... i had natural labour no epi for 11 hrs... it was hell!

how about u kat, u went natural or elective c? how long was ur labour?

and u ama? was urs an easy delivery?

G

Both my kids were induced, 8 and 9 days late consecutivly. Z my daughter was an 8h 49min labour and Jackbean was 4h 58min. I had gas and pethadine with Z, but refused pethadine again because it made me feel terrible and loopy. Just had the gas with my boy hopefully nothing next time round, all depends if I go into labour myself or its induced again (being induced makes the contractions harder and faster.. more painful yiech!)
If you think a 2 month old baby girl can be cranky... wait till shes nearly 5 *cripes*
haha kids are awesome though, stressful, time consuming, irritating etc but when they look up at you with those big trusting eyes. GOD makes my heart melt

I

imported_agathe

omg u must have went thru so much pain.. the pain of labour is so hard to explain. but i can fear ur pain as u were explainign the induction...

post ur babys pics when u have the time, he must be so cute...

G

Im pretty good with physical pain so i didnt find it to bad. Although id rather push 10 babies out then have contractions o_O
Ill post up some recent pics of the kids later on

G

<blockquote><hr>

Congrats to kat and ama on their new babies. wow u had a son katlene? i wanted a son, but oh well... will have to wait for another try again, perhaps this year. this baby girl of mine, is ok sometimes, but she can be quite cranky... doc says its normal at 2 mths old. but the pain of labor deters me from having another... i had natural labour no epi for 11 hrs... it was hell!

how about u kat, u went natural or elective c? how long was ur labour?

and u ama? was urs an easy delivery?

[/ QUOTE ]

No mine was not too easy, I was in labor from about 9am till 10pm then I decided it was more then a stomach bug (it was my first I just thought I had an upset tummy at first) I rang the doctor he freaked and told me to get to hospital.

I went to the local hospital and they pretty much wanted to send me home because I looked to comfortable to be in heavy labour.....I decided to go on to the hospital I was booked in at arrived there 30min and an ice block later (I made hubby stop on the way LOL). They also said I looked to comfortable and just put me in a ward to wait.....I then told them at about 1am that the pain was a little worse could they do an internal........they then discovered I was already 4cm dilated and began to freak out because apparently I still looked too comfortable so they said they couldn't trust just looking at me (what ever that meant).

I then sometime later asked for pain relief as the gas did nothing so the nurse went off to get it and I moved into the shower she came back and I said oh I don't need that now I am fine.....to which she relied well its here now and jabbed me with it any way...morphen I believe it was.

I became distressed because she was not listening to me and then because I became sleepy from the morphine and so did bubby it became dangerous so they did an emergency c section at 3pm the next day I had been in labor the whole time...was something like 20 odd hours total.

SO NOW I HAVE NO DESIRE TO HAVE ANOTHER IN HOSPITAL ...the whole experience sucked from start to finish ...went from ****ty midwife to the breastfeeding Nazi so I discharged myself on the 4th day.

Now things are wonderful except I have a fear of having another and going through the same drama's and bad treatment so putting off having another until I can convince hubby to let me have a home birth.

Here is Maddison dressed as a pirate

and another

and here is Maddie and Santa

she is about 12months in all of them

T

Tal'shiar

Come on ladies, this is a games forum, if you want to get clucky about your kids, thats fine, just why on here?? I come on to this forum for the game. Thats what should be on here.

I

imported_agathe

Oh dear your experience sounded horrible... i guess its the worst nightmare any mother can imagine...

how come they gave u morphine... wasnt it dangerous for the baby? and u r so far off in dilation, they should have checked you...

but i guess its off worthwhile... your baby girl is so cute. she must be walking lots now? i heard it gets tough when they start walking....

i laid off breastmilk, couldnt get her to latch on... and commitment was too much for me. so i admire mothers who can do it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Come on ladies, this is a games forum, if you want to get clucky about your kids, thats fine, just why on here?? I come on to this forum for the game. Thats what should be on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get over it concider the thread off topic and read something else its that simple. And mine is kind of on topic any way given I run a pirate guild having my little girl support that in her dress ups is just way to cute not to share.

These forums are for the community of oceania not just for game content it is for community building so if you do not like our bonding style and prefer to hear us trash talking each other or spouting off about how good our guild or what the latest changes we don't like are move along and read another thread.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh dear your experience sounded horrible... i guess its the worst nightmare any mother can imagine...

how come they gave u morphine... wasnt it dangerous for the baby? and u r so far off in dilation, they should have checked you...

but i guess its off worthwhile... your baby girl is so cute. she must be walking lots now? i heard it gets tough when they start walking....

i laid off breastmilk, couldnt get her to latch on... and commitment was too much for me. so i admire mothers who can do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem with breastfeeding but I was harassed by this one nurse non stop and my baby girl actually got dehydrated before she would listen to me and let me give up and bottle feed her (even though I wanted to express and give her that).

As for the morphine thats exactly what I said but she insisted it was safe......yet once she gave it to me all the problems started. There argument about not doing an internal was "I looked too comfortable" so they believed I was not far enough along to worry about.....It never occurred to them I just handle pain well.

Yes it is tough keeping her still now days she has been walking since 9 months though so now she is flat out running all over the place. I tend to take her swimming to burn off some of the energy the water seems to make then tired quicker.

But worse then walking for me is the Independent streak she has to do it all by herself now...you can not hold me pick me up or feed me I must do it.........that can ware a little thin from time to time.

G

At Jacks 1st bday

And last years xmas photo with a Z-monster trying not to smile hehe

G

Oh that is just soooo cute katlene, I adore that christmas shot.

G

Jack has so many facial expresions. he's a right hoot. My brother made a mosaic of him, ill post it when photobucket decides to work for me

I

imported_agathe

omg so adorable...

i really want a baby boy.. ur boy´s pic has spurred me into thinking of having another one... i can hear the clock ticking again

I

imported_barjunkie

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Aggy baby you had me worried for ages i lost your email address and couldnt get intouch with you send me a pm :p

and congrats of the new baby and husband he knows about our arrangment right *winks*

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*bursts into tears* It's clear you've never eaten placenta, you unfeeling monster! *sobs uncontrollably*

G

*mouth vomits*
When i was in hospital i heard about a woman that asked to keep hers. One can only assume to digest it *shudders*
im looking to have a couple more but in another 5 years or so. i got a head start on having kids. 2 before i was 25

barjunkie.... you need to keep in better contact with me dear boy!! turn one of your IM's on once in a while eh? :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

*mouth vomits*
When i was in hospital i heard about a woman that asked to keep hers. One can only assume to digest it *shudders*
im looking to have a couple more but in another 5 years or so. i got a head start on having kids. 2 before i was 25

barjunkie.... you need to keep in better contact with me dear boy!! turn one of your IM's on once in a while eh? :p

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW thank god I had finished breakfast thats just icky icky icky.

And that goes double for your poc friends barjunkie we have not heard from you in awhile either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*mouth vomits*

[/ QUOTE ]

What other kind are you familiar with?

G

lol mouth vomits when you just get a little bit come up and then go back down again, more then a wretch less then a spew

G

Agathe you haven't shared pictures of your pride and joy yet ....You so have to share one or two.....three or four hehehe.

I

imported_agathe

will share once i figure out how to work with the digi cam and laptop...

every freaking thing here is in German... I MISS ENGLISH!!!! sighs...

G

<blockquote><hr>

will share once i figure out how to work with the digi cam and laptop...

every freaking thing here is in German... I MISS ENGLISH!!!! sighs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hehehe I only know how to say I love you, and a swear word in german so I am no help at all.

But I shall wait for the photo's.

G

something like ich lieber dich is i love you HA been a long time.
Are you in germany aggy or just have german thingymabobs?

G

woot photo buckets working for me again, heres that collage that my brother did of jack

Its crazy how different he can look!

I

imported_agathe

close to germany.. i m in austria, my new hubby is austrian. yes ich liebe dich is i love you...

a few swear words but dont use it on a guy may have devastating consequences

du kanst mich mal...
leck me am arsh...

G

Woot i was right just with an extra r hehe.
It must be a wonderful experiance!

G

LOL the many faces of Jack is very sweet Katlene, I have something similar of my niece playing with a hat and posing for the camera....we call it the many moods of tashaya as she goes from happy and playful to pouting and pulling mean faces in about 2min flat.