• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Helga has not responded

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rivi

EM Dudley

Over a week ago, I went to the extra effort of putting a book with rune to return mailbox in the HOC mailbox. Helga has not responded to me.

I very much would like to know which townships received a recommendation for the written essay.. Thank you in advance for your time and effort in this request.

Rivi

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the delay. December is a very busy time for both Dross and I in the real world. I will see Helga responds to you before long.

Thanks,

EM Dudley

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hope she sees our message as well

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I had a feeling as soon as I posted that I would find something in the mailbox.... disregard first message.... la la la la la la

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to answer you question on the other forum...yes anything ooc is considered "insane" in RP. So if you wrote the essay in character (and didn't kill the horses) you got the recommendation. Merry xmas!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*foresees more deaths for Lox in-game*

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
And to answer you question on the other forum...yes anything ooc is considered "insane" in RP. So if you wrote the essay in character (and didn't kill the horses) you got the recommendation. Merry xmas!
*cough* *Looks at the scrolls at the stables missing a name* *cough*

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I didnt see PaxLair on it. I left Dodson a book in the HOC mailbox

N

Nastia Cross

Wow... I'm completely speechless on that one right there. I'm about done with this.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The essay from CotF was great, but would you expect Helga to offer her recommendation after someone slaughtered all her horses? That is why she didn't offer the recommendation.

As I said the Township Series is continuing on a strict level of being in character and this quest was entirely about that.

N

Nastia Cross

The essay from CotF was great, but would you expect Helga to offer her recommendation after someone slaughtered all her horses? That is why she didn't offer the recommendation.

As I said the Township Series is continuing on a strict level of being in character and this quest was entirely about that.
:coco: Well then, just call us victims of the new rules.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well; thats a bit fail :sleep2: I came back for a night and poof; I am a victim! :eek:

Realistically though; here's what happened in my eyes (And others in ventrilo with myself)

"Yayyy! Event I'll come!"

"Oh look! HIIII DUDLEY!!!!!!!!!!"

*Dudley poofs to turn into stablemaster; but creates horses before he does so..*

"Oh look. Stupid horses spawned. We have enough clutter on the screen; I will kill them so no one lags anymore then needed.."

*Casts Hailstorm and kills the horses*

*Dudley appears as RPC AFTER the horses died*

"OMG LOX I HATE YOU FOR KILLING MY HORSES!"

Now; granted; this wasn't very nice; or a great "RP" from my point.. BUT! Your RPC character did NOT see me do it (You were hidden; changing into the character) hence; how did she know it was me to begin with? But again; you yelled at me; and I said "Fine; I will man up and go get some horses for the stablemaster to apologize!"

I went and tamed horses with my 0 taming & 0 lore (WHICH WAS NOT EASY!!) on Lox; and bring them back as Nastia is writing our essay. I bring them back and the RPC was happy I did the good deed; but still "angry" with me.

NOW!! The question here is.. you stated the RPC was mad; so that's why we didn't get the recommendation (NOT!!! Because the essay wasn't good enough). Correct? If so; and you are being the RPC and being IN CHARACTER!! How did you see me kill the horses? Why did the RPC automatically assume it was me? If someone told them; why wasn't their an investigation INSTEAD OF an immediate guilty sentence? I was pretty sure that the Laws in UO are basically the same as IRL; which would be..

"Innocent until proven guilty."

I am not trying to cause any problems; but I am simply stating our side of the story. Nastia was very upset because she spent a bit of time and effort into that essay and really gave me a nice screaming for killing the horses.

But; for a recap..

1. I didn't kill the horses to be malicious. I did it THINKING I WAS DOING A GOOD DEED (you know horses do spawn in the stables; hence making more lag; expecially for events)

2. The RPC was angry with me WHEN THEY DIDNT EVEN SEE PERSONALLY KILL THE HORSES.

3. After being accused; I apologized.

4. I went as far as getting the RPC more horses (5 to be exact; when I only killed 2 to begin with.)

This is going without saying; I am one of the most well behaved and respected members of both the PVPing community as well as the RPing community. (I would like to know how many people can say that?) I never MALICIOUSLY do anything; and if anything; help the EMs as much as possible with pushing on stories, making them fun, and controlling certain people (Guildies and enemies alike) to have event go even smoother.

But Dudley; if you need a protagonist to throw under the bus, even after all I typed, that is fine. I have big shoulders. I can take the blunt of the blow. Nastia isn't very happy; and I haven't been playing much because of work lately anyways. But do know; this doesn't produce anything positive as far as making Nastia, myself, or any of my guildies/friends to want to attend events in the future.

PS: I apologize for any misspellings, "mean" comments, or anything else of the sort. I was just told I needed to read this; and quickly threw this together to give you (Dudley) and everyone else a response on how I feel about your decision.

Even if you dislike/hate me; I still think you are cool!

!!*High Fives*!!*High Fives*!!

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well right off the bat, I don't hate anyone *tosses a Lox treat and pats him on the head*

I appreciate your comments and encourage you guys (and everyone) to continue to participate in our 2011 events.

Catch ya on the flip side ;)

R

Rivi

Well Dudley that is a lie.. we wrote a good essay in character and did not kill the horses, but you denied Zedland a recommendation. I have a copy of it if anyone would like to read our essay.

Rivi

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was mention of a "vampire bat spawn" on page 7, which was the reason for not getting the recommendation.

As I've mentioned, the Livery and Township series will be handled in character/in-game. Any further inquiries into the aforementioned event topics should be directed to the HoC mailbox or, if absolutely necessary emailed to either myself or Dross.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was mention of a "vampire bat spawn" on page 7, which was the reason for not getting the recommendation.

As I've mentioned, the Livery and Township series will be handled in character/in-game. Any further inquiries into the aforementioned event topics should be directed to the HoC mailbox or, if absolutely necessary emailed to either myself or Dross.
to me that doesn't make sense... not helping you make friends with people dudley :coco:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
[youtube]1FecqjeUOJQ[/youtube]

Oh look Flo Rida is on

C

Clair The Mystic

Dudley, please explain to me how the words "vampire bat spawn" are out of character? So if I was to say that I am going to "destroy the evil VAMPIRE BAT SPAWN" those words could not be in character? The words "vampire bat infestation" could have been used and mean the exact same thing. Just because the word "spawn" is often used on MMORPG websites does not prohibit players from using it to mean a persistent rebirth of creatures, as it was used in our essay. In other words, you placed a meaning on the words based on your own preconceived notions, rather than there actual meanings. The words "vampire bat spawn" do nothing to make our essay out of character.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I previously stated all inquiries into the Township Series or it's related events can be addressed to the respective RPC using the mailbox at the Hall of Commons located to the north of the Britain Moongate.

Thanks.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Praytell M'Lord Dudley of thine understanding of such said words of 'vampire bat spawn' for in mine eyes tis such a deep, ah yes, verily integral part of mine being that is of which city is called Zedland. Many a fortnight have I come across the path of this pestulance which inhibits our lands! I slay them upon first sight, as many of my fellow warriors do the same. Such spawn begets spawn of the same in our worldly minutes, tis what's expected of our grand lands! I kindly request Sir a clear and concise wording of explanation from thee. Respectfully, Lady Shelra

C

Clair The Mystic

As I previously stated all inquiries into the Township Series or it's related events can be addressed to the respective RPC using the mailbox at the Hall of Commons located to the north of the Britain Moongate.

Thanks.
Dudley, you seem to have a persistent problem answering for your actions. You are wrong about this. You are a servant of the players. Do you understand what that means? This is not a role play issue. You falsely claimed that our essay did not meet the stated standard. It clearly does.

My problem with you is not the fact that you consistently screw up as much as the fact that you never admit to your many mistakes like an adult. Most of the UO population consists of mature adults. Many of us have education, jobs, and children. What we want from the people that serve us is that they abide by the principles of honesty, maturity, and common sense that we have to follow to be successful and respected in our own lives.

The proper responses in this situation are to stand by your actions or admit they were wrong. Dodging questions is unacceptable adult behavior.

R

Rivi

If anyone is interested in reading the Zedland essay for the livery quest. It is locked down at the SHE Auction house in front of where the Cashier sits or for those who are not regulars, it is on the first floor of the house in the South West corner of the bar. However it is on the floor not on the bar because I could not get it to go on the bar.

Rivi

Status
Not open for further replies.