• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heigh-Ho, Mining Woes.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with the addition of the new craftable walls, I was all excited to gather some granite to start (re)designing my house.

Yeah, right.

After about 20 solid hours of mining (over several days mind you), I still only have ONE bronze granite. One. I find a bronze vein and get... two coloured ore. The rest is all iron. I use a prospector's tool to upgrade copper to bronze... I get all iron from the vein. I use the tool AND a gargoyle pickaxe to upgrade shadow iron to bronze... I get a handful of coloured ore and the rest is iron. Hell, I even found a vein that gave a lot of bronze ore, yet smack in the middle? Iron granite.

What. The. Hell.

Is my luck really just that terrible? I mean, REALLY? I get that iron is of course the most common, but you'd think I'd at least have enough to make even one item by now?

I think that with all the stuff requiring stone these days, perhaps there should be a small bump in the odds of coloured granite? Or another way to get them? Like even having 1-2 drop off of respective elementals would be helpful. Because this is frustrating as all hell.

Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, it's back to the grind I go...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Try Felucca, at least you get 3 bronze granit, when you get one in Trammel, unless you are on Siege.
Also I believe an elf get more colored than a human

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
this whole premise behind random spawning of ore is total BS. i hate it and think it needs to be eliminated.
I like it to stay randum, I did not like players recalling around stealing the good ores near my house

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
this whole premise behind random spawning of ore is total BS. i hate it and think it needs to be eliminated.
That and wood needs to be returned to the way it originally was. This randomness really doesn't make any sense. I think hides are used more now for armor than ingots. So let those that need what they need be able to get them. Stop the scripting is the answer not hampering players.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that with all the stuff requiring stone these days, perhaps there should be a small bump in the odds of coloured granite? Or another way to get them? Like even having 1-2 drop off of respective elementals would be helpful. Because this is frustrating as all hell.
I always thought there should be a way to "skin" the ore elementals, would make sense in this situation to allow the corpse of the mined elemental to be "skinned" with a stone working tool and the "hide" be a granite chunk.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to mine....then I found I got coloured granite and ingots so much faster by just doing Town trade quests...... :/

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So instead you would rather get less colored stone/ore?
I don't get less colored ore mining around my house with the random system, as long I mine all the ores and not only the colored ones. This way, I get new colored, when the iron ones run out.
After the demand for colored granit, I had seen players mine my good ores and leave the viens with iron ingots, that really piss me off as I have to make them changes again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've said it for a LONG time they need to change the way we mine for Granite... Such a pain and the randomness of ore has made it even worse.