• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Heavy Loot

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I read something about this somewhere but have been unable to find it. So here's something non-turkey invasion related!
What's the point/purpose of the magically heavy loot items now? other than pissing me off when I'm trying to unravel a container but cant because one of the 50 items is heavy and I have to go through every one to find out which one it is??
Really though, is there a reason or use for them or just one of those pointless things put in to make looting more difficult?

Regards

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
"Unwieldy" gives an intensity bonus to the magic item upon creation. The downside is it's weight, but the item had a bigger intensity budget at creation than it would have otherwise. I think the bonuses are in this order from biggest to least:

1) cursed
2) antique
3) prized
4) unwieldy
5) normal

Vermin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Considering how much less you have to kill and loot to get 100 relic fragments or 100 essence now, it's hardly a major to whine about. Unless you're looting for magic residue alone, you're going to come out much better off in the "time spent hunting vs unraveling rewards" stakes anyway, even if you have to double or triple check your loot bag to remove heavy ones. Same goes for the amount of points you get for turning them in.

Sure it would be nice for them to be highlighted in some manner, but we aren't exactly worse off as it stands.