• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Heartwood recipes

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I haven't been able to get any but the common bowcraft recipes, doing the bow making quests in Heartwood. It has been my understanding that any recipe has a chance of dropping from any of the crafting quests in Heartwood. But I have yet to see any recipes for tinkering, carpentry, or blacksmith. Early on I received an ash runic carpentry tool, and i also recieved an elven dresser deed (not the recipe to make elven dressers, but a ready-to-use deed).

Are other recipes just extremely rare to get, or am I doing something wrong? I have been accepting quests for any type of bow, but I am turning down the quest for bolts and lap harps. Does not accepting those reduce/eliminate the chance of getting recipes?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get recipes for one profession only from quests that are related to that profession.
Which actually means that you can get only bowcraft recipes from the bowyer quests. Rare recipes means rare. You dont egt them that often. The bowyer recipes are somewhat common course ppl do those quests most for getting runic fletcher kits.With personla luck you can get any bowcraft recipe from any bowyer quest. When I am down there, I do the 10 bows and 10 crossbows quest. (Both need the same/lowest amount of wood and I dont fail on regular bows/crossbows with my bowyer. Additional to that ... if you have a lumberjack, plain wood is soo common .... its even hard to use up ones own stock of it.)
When i went for the other rare recipes, I was looking to do only those quests, that require the lest resources:
- blacksmithy - 10 broadswords
- tinkering - 10 tinker tools
- carpentry - 10 foot stools
- tailoring - 10 flower garlands (any other cloth related quest would do, but you can train armslore on this quest too. *g*)
There are a few exceptions to those thumb rules:
- alchemy (only common) and incription (one rare) recipes coming from the tinkering quests
- one rare/semi-common recipe from blacksmithy is also available as common recipe from the tinkering quest