• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The elections are now over and the results are in.

Britain - Hugibear
Jhelom - Sam
Minoc - Singularity
Moonglow - Kattasrophe
New Magincia - Morgan Ironfist
Skara Brae - Sprago
Trinsic - Sarah
Vesper - Some scrub named Victim
Yew - Reuggan

Congratulations to all the winners, and good luck in the coming months.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Congrats to all the governors

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're in GIL and thus could be anyone. I'm somewhat shocked GIL hasn't tried to govern every city with the size of their guild...la

Reuggan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, just as an introduction... I came to Siege in 2006. After graduating from NEW, I was in CWS for a time before becoming a founding member of Gilfane, which I have been in ever since.
I used to be more active, but I mostly just stick to hanging with guildmates now. I hope to get a little more active, but I can't make any promises. I have always considered Yew my "home", and I hate to see it with no representation, so I figure I am better than nobody... :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least 2 governors were re-elected with no trade deal running. Do they stop automatically in anticipation of an election ?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least 2 governors were re-elected with no trade deal running. Do they stop automatically in anticipation of an election ?
yep, during the election week you cannot access the stone except to vote, and i missed starting the deal right before.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
well, just as an introduction... I came to Siege in 2006. After graduating from NEW, I was in CWS for a time before becoming a founding member of Gilfane, which I have been in ever since.
I used to be more active, but I mostly just stick to hanging with guildmates now. I hope to get a little more active, but I can't make any promises. I have always considered Yew my "home", and I hate to see it with no representation, so I figure I am better than nobody... :)
Welcome back!! *hugs* I am excited to work with you this term :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're in GIL and thus could be anyone. I'm somewhat shocked GIL hasn't tried to govern every city with the size of their guild...la
I'm a little surprised too. Member alts of GIL hold some of the best plots around most cities. May as well govern them too.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a little surprised too. Member alts of GIL hold some of the best plots around most cities. May as well govern them too.
Oh great another one who thinks hating on GIL is the new in thing. :lame:

Let's take a look at the gates:

Yew - TNT members, Me and Igg a Pie B^A
Luna - Houses directly outside of the town entrances: Cybernickel, Appolyon, (I think Vinnie traded to Idico TNT) and TNT again across from Appolyon, but inactive
Moonglow - Garth Grey
Brit - Arr
New Mag - not really gate houses but most all guilds here have a house there that I can see
Skara Brae - Arr

It gets old especially with such incorrect statements. Maybe they own a few houses around Zento and Vesper, but probably for much longer than the those who suddenly think they deserve them.

Last edited:

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm speaking in a nostalgic manner. I'm not up on the whole our guild is in guild chat, anything goes for real estate. Back in the day if you were I^A you lived in Iantown. If you were KSS you lived in Wintermoore, VmP lived in Homare, CWS had Wispwood Shire. They were actual towns to be proud to live in.

I understand that the day of the player run towns is over. Yet I find myself trying to look for a better home around my home town, a town of which I'm a contributing citizen. But fruitlessly have to wade around the homes of inactive alts of guild members from guilds elsewhere on the server.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they own a few houses around Zento and Vesper, but probably for much longer than the those who suddenly think they deserve them.
I'm not sure anyone implied they deserve those plots, good job at hyper exaggeration. I took it more along the lines that it's a shame that such a large guild hasn't stuck together like the old guild player run towns of yesteryear...la

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh great another one who thinks hating on GIL is the new in thing. :lame:

Let's take a look at the gates:

Yew - TNT members, Me and Igg a Pie B^A
Luna - Houses directly outside of the town entrances: Cybernickel, Appolyon, (I think Vinnie traded to Idico TNT) and TNT again across from Appolyon, but inactive
Moonglow - Garth Grey
Brit - Arr
New Mag - not really gate houses but most all guilds here have a house there that I can see
Skara Brae - Arr

It gets old especially with such incorrect statements. Maybe they own a few houses around Zento and Vesper, but probably for much longer than the those who suddenly think they deserve them.
The Bo doesnt see anyone hatin on GIL. Bo thinks you are fishin for something that isnt really there. The man stated the obvious they have alot of houses, why because they have alot of members. If they wanted they could take any and every town. And truthfully they own more quality plots than any other guild on the shard. This isnot hating this is stating a fact.
And your line bout incorrect statements is kinda funny. They own just a few houses round luna dont they. One guy owns bout half the houses. Vinny didnt give that house to idico, that house that idico owns has been in tnt/vmp possession for atleast 10 years. Vinny gave Talia her house cross from cyber.

Last edited:

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Bo doesnt see anyone hatin on GIL. Bo thinks you are fishin for something that isnt really there. The man stated the obvious they have alot of houses, why because they have alot of members. If they wanted they could take any and every town. And truthfully they own more quality plots than any other guild on the shard. This is hating this is stating a fact.
And your line bout incorrect statements is kinda funny. They own just a few houses round luna dont they. One guy owns bout half the houses. Vinny didnt give that house to idico, that house that idico owns has been in tnt/vmp possession for atleast 10 years. Vinny gave Talia her house cross from cyber.
It depends on what you consider quality plots, which to many is probably a gate house. And again I stand my statement that GIL owns very few gate houses. Whether I was wrong on which specific member owns a house (between Idico or Talia), the fact remains it isn't a GIL member.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure anyone implied they deserve those plots, good job at hyper exaggeration. I took it more along the lines that it's a shame that such a large guild hasn't stuck together like the old guild player run towns of yesteryear...la
Well GIL has a very large player run town (I think around 56 houses, but I could be off ). Of course not every plot can be there. Barter town was going strong, I would think playing a thief, that would be more your style.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a quality plot is one that is worth more, and they own the largest percentage of that market. if you are lookin for a fight please log in and get some, dont try to stir **** up on here.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well GIL has a very large player run town (I think around 56 houses, but I could be off ). Of course not every plot can be there. Barter town was going strong, I would think playing a thief, that would be more your style.
Sorry, Barter Town was a player run town for the THIEF guild, a guild which I was never a part of. Sorry to disappoint...la

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This thread is beginning to amuse me, as a relative newcomer to Siege personalities. So while everyone is all riled up and pissing in each other's cheerios, I'll drop this question:

What ARE the active guilds on Siege, what does each focus on primarily, and that kind of info?

I'm unaffiliated, obviously not a NEW2 candidate, and curious aboutwhich guilds are active.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hard to tell since so many players run around in stealth mode. I was shocked to run into someone out in the wild yesterday while I was working on some new skills around my new home. Even the largest guilds seem to be pretty inactive.

Siege appears to have become a pretty solo shard...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hard to tell since so many players run around in stealth mode. I was shocked to run into someone out in the wild yesterday while I was working on some new skills around my new home. Even the largest guilds seem to be pretty inactive.
That was probably me trying to place a house bigger than a villa. Sorry about the Solens.. You forgot to mention the anthills. XD I run in to a lot of people around my routine haunts. I seem to always bump in to the same people though. Tyrath, Victim, Sprago, Katt, Talia, Magellan, and unfamiliar alts. I chose only to stealth when I'm working though, for obvious reasons. :) VvV in its original form, pre-thief-nerf, was a bustle of activity. Saw more of Singularity, Grimlex, Ru, Shak, Bo/Hugi, Garth, Vinny, and more. Now the VvV towns are empty as they pretty much patched the fun out of it.

Siege appears to have become a pretty solo shard...la
It certainly seems that way at times. As I get to know the people who weren't around when I last played, I'm finding myself with a bit more face time with them beyond General Chat.

As for your question, @Silent Singer , GIL and TNT are pretty active as far I know. I think most of their activities are internal with the exception of the past Holiday event that GIL did a great job of hosting. I have no idea about the other guilds. I had heard Pyrite mention a few weeks back that DTA was going to be revived. That would be spectacular if its so. Arrr was pretty active with PvP/Piracy when I first returned, but since Rizarium left I haven't heard much from them.

I'm sure Hoffs and Kat could shed more light on their recruiting and current status on the server as far as TNT and GIL are concerned.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was probably me trying to place a house bigger than a villa. Sorry about the Solens.. You forgot to mention the anthills.
ROFL, yeah I like that spot, it allows me to spawn a few ants to work on my 60's level archery without having to go to far away, but now I actually made a sale of some SoTs while I was out doing yard work :).

FYI, I added a barkeep on the lower level if you happen to get thirsty the next time you are around...la

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi Silent Singer, I be the guild leader of NBT Nothing But Trouble, my guild is reletivly small, but I'm sure as you all know Siege is a small shard so it does indeed take patience and time to build one up :) Im hoping as we get bigger to start doing some champ spawns, mini events for the guild, and things of that sort.. my goal for the guild itself is to have my guild helping out others in need. I'm pretty open minded to who joins my guild, pvpers could join.. crafters.. pvmers.. but as every guild has their rules I have mine :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not much of a pvp player, but I can hug with the best of them, especially after a few drinks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Best advice, when you see a player, go to search.uo.com, choose shard and write players name.
For Katt you get:
Character name Shard Guild
No characters match that search.
Kattasrophe Siege Perilous Nothing but Trouble [NBT]
now click her name, and on next page clich name od the guild and you get:
Nothing but Trouble [NBT]
Guild Charter: Everyone please pm me on stratics_ Katt
Web site: None
Back to guild search results
Members [50]
And 3 pages of guild members, and you can see if they are active.

If you look up GIL, you ger:
Gilfane [GIL]
Guild Charter:
Web site: www.gilfane.comNone
Back to guild search results
Members [254]
13 pages of members

It should ne possible to find a guild you like this way

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It isn´t if you´re using Explorer... :sad4:

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*does not catch up before posting* OMG Why does everyone think I'm Leaf? Leaf is fabulous and nice too, but we're not the same person!

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*does not catch up before posting* OMG Why does everyone think I'm Leaf? Leaf is fabulous and nice too, but we're not the same person!
Hi Leaf! Wanna sell my house back to me for about 10 mill less then ya paid for it?

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Freji for the heads up about the guild / character search.
I didn't know it was there. it will be a big help for me.
My memory is not as good as it used to be ( Kind' a like the rest of me. )

Leprechaun [GIL] / Gnomes [GIL] on Siege.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a quality plot is one that is worth more, and they own the largest percentage of that market. if you are lookin for a fight please log in and get some, dont try to stir **** up on here.
Ahh the usual irony from Bozo. Didn't know a list of who owns what gate houses would anger ya so much there, superstar. You can't avoid the fact-checker :)