• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

healing for the cu sidhe

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a tamer and i have a little doubt. How can i raise cu sidhe heal? It's an active skill or passive? I mean heal raise if i heal the cu or it raises leaving the cu healing by itself?
Sorry my english is not very well. I hope that you understand what i wnt to say
Tia

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I GM'd healing on one of Cu's a little while back just to see if I could do it. The Cu has to heal itself in order to raise it's own healing skill, if you heal it then your vet/lore skills are being used. The Cu's healing skill will raise through normal game play until it gets to 90. After this you have two options: 1) In order to raise the skill above 90 the Cu will have to heal itself of Deadly (lvl 5) poison which can normally happen when fighting Rotting Corpses. 2) If you have the bard skill Discordance you can discord your Cu and let the pet heal itself through normal fighting. Discordance lowers all of the skills and stats which lets the healing skill continue to be raised through normal fighting/healing but the Cu will not be able to fight as high a level of creature as it would when it's not disco'd.

I went with option 2 because I have a bard/tamer. I fought Tsuki Wolves and harvested leather and seeds from them while training healing on my Cu. I can't remember how long it took me but it wasn't more than a week of a couple of hours a day of playing.

In all honesty, it's something I did just so I could say I did it and to have at least one Fully GM Cu but it's not something I will ever do again because I never really saw a huge difference during fights as I don't rely on having my Cu heal itself. I do the primary healing with vet or greater heal and the Cu's healing skill for is secondary (nice to have but not necessary).

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Option 3 if you have a bard with magery. Disco Cu and cast poison on it. Fastest way to go from 90-GM, but it still takes a while. You'll need to stop casting at times when you redline the cu's health to allow it to heal back to full health, or you'll kill it.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all. Now I've understood why heal diden'tn raise. I used vet. Now i'l try heal the cu by itself :thumbsup:

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm a tamer and i have a little doubt. How can i raise cu sidhe heal? It's an active skill or passive? I mean heal raise if i heal the cu or it raises leaving the cu healing by itself?
Sorry my english is not very well. I hope that you understand what i wnt to say
Tia
Personally I use a 'cloak of corruption' let the Cu heal me, until it maxes its skill. Takes a few hours.

Seelendolch

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I got a cu on the weekend, took it to the void pool, (how much fun is it :D )seems to go up a bit in there, sometimes i have to run away and let the cu pick up aggro, so it has to heal itself for a bit, but bring a friend or 2, sometimes the cu is too good at grabbing aggro :)