• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] HCI/DCI Shields??

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any possible way to create a HCI/DCI shield? I've seen a Bloodwood shield that has HCI/DCI tagged imbued. This got me wondering how it was created.

- HCI/DCI shields no longer spawn outside of the Museum of Vesper replica.
- Not suppose to be able to imbue alot of pre-stygian shields.

Can HCI Shield be created by runic hammers, or runic saw? And then its imbued?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was an old shield with HCI that hadn't been enhanced yet, I believe you can enhance it now and then imbue it.

I have a bunch of shields with HCI but unfortunately I enhanced them before SA and can't imbue them now.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you find a normal materialed shield you can imbue and enhance them, in any order you like.

if shield was bloodwood before SA you cannot imbue it.

B

BellaofCats

Kind of off topic...

I have a bunch of HCI/DCI/RPD shields that have yet to be enhanced or imbued. What I'd like to do is sell them but I've no idea what any of them are worth. Does anyone know of a pricing guide? Or if this link:

Shield and Armor Pricing Guide - Ultima Online at MMORPG.com

which offers pricing per property, is up-to-date or close enough to today's pricing to be used as a viable guide?

I'm not sure if the shields are worth enhancing due to the high chances of catastrophically failing. Or would imbuing prior to enhancing save it from that terrible fate?

Thanks for any ideas and answers!!

Bella

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bella - if the shields have +10 HCI or greater, Imbuers will buy, especially the wood ones. Peeps with the new Enhance Tool will blow a charge or two to add HPR2 (Bloodwood) or Heartwood random mods... as for pricing, toss it out on General Chat during Peak time.

Kind of off topic...

I'm not sure if the shields are worth enhancing due to the high chances of catastrophically failing. Or would imbuing prior to enhancing save it from that terrible fate?

Thanks for any ideas and answers!!

Bella

B

BellaofCats

Bella - if the shields have +10 HCI or greater, Imbuers will buy, especially the wood ones. Peeps with the new Enhance Tool will blow a charge or two to add HPR2 (Bloodwood) or Heartwood random mods... as for pricing, toss it out on General Chat during Peak time.
Thanks! I'll try that.

Bella