• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hci and dci armor

Nevalist

Visitor
I'm new to reforging. Done plenty of imbuing and I'm ready to take a run at my end game style suit.
So the questions are these.
1. Can both be reforge onto one piece?
2. If so what settings/hammer is best. If not what are the optimal numbers I should try for on armor? [I think 5 is highest I've seen].
3. Are there any hidden musts for a warrior suit? [Damage eater or something like that.]

Thanks for the help.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a look here. Its pretty easy to get either 5 HCI or 5 DCI on armor with reforging.

[General] - Quick Guide: How to reforge this mod with which runics

As for must haves I always cap out HCI, DCI, damage increase and then anything else is a bonus if making a PvM character that is.

Also you want to workout what weapon you are going to use and make the suit so you will have enough stamina and SSI to swing the weapon as max speed.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So it isn't possible to get both on a piece? It's either or?

Thanks for the link.
No, you theoretically can get both on the piece. Choose vicious as 1 title and of defense at the other. The problem is, both of these are capped, and it is virtually impossible to get 2 capped stats without other props. Those other props will end up being things you're probably not going to want.

PaulCH

Journeyman
No, you theoretically can get both on the piece. Choose vicious as 1 title and of defense at the other. The problem is, both of these are capped, and it is virtually impossible to get 2 capped stats without other props. Those other props will end up being things you're probably not going to want.
@Nevalist I'd suggest going to TC to test it so you can try various different scenarios and avoid losing resources. You can either copy your char with the stuff that you need or create a char on TC and say "give resources".

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You can CERTAINLY get both on a piece. Getting 3/3 is probably pretty easy to pull off. Getting 5/5 is probably pretty hard. Youre going to need to use 2 titles: Viscious / of Slaughter for 1, and Towering / of Aegis for the other.

A Shadow hammer, 2 titles, + powerful can definitely get both properties on there. The question is whether 5 of both is possible with that level, and I'm honestly not sure. I'd suspect that 5/4 is the best you'll do, and even that is probably well less than 1% chance to happen.

The problem with moving up to a copper hammer is that while, yes, I'm pretty sure that copper + 2 titles + powerful is enough potency to get 5/5, the chances of getting both clean, without some other property you don't want is probably vanishingly small. I'm nearly certain that the RNG can roll it, but if I told you it was a 1 in 10k chance to happen, now we're talking about 1500 hammers...

Nevalist

Visitor
Yeah we played around a bit... got hci on pieces but resists were garbage or would only get 4 hci. So after some frustrating runs we did this
M&s glasses
The gorget with 10 hci (can't. Remember name)
Then all jewelry has 10 ssi and 15 dci and 15 hci and 25 di
Used robe sash and trinket to get to max hci dci and 20 ssi
Arms gloves chest and legs were made with valorite and made over and over to get to all 70s except in fire. We imbued fire into all 4 giving the suit 100 fire total.
Imbued lmc, stam, mana, onto all pieces. 1 got 5hpi to reach 25 bonus. And the others got regeneration to them fill in the voids.

I'll post the final stats later when I get home. Thanks for your help.
What would a good piece be considered with hci and resist? 5hci and above 60 resists?

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean both on one piece?
Yep. First try. Crazy I know. Last night Did the same thing with some plate arms using Shadow hammer, powerful/of slaughter and got 4HCI/4DCI

Those were the only two pieces I got with both on them. Both first try, seperate days.