• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Having trouble installing UO, please help.

B

Bara

Hi.

As my title says, I'm having difficulty installing UO, and would appreciate any help figuring out what the problem is.

Here is what I'm doing. I go to the official UO site, and click the link to download the free 14 day trial of Kingdom Reborn. It sends me to File Planet to download it. I follow the instructions there, then complete the download.

This is when things get a bit screwy. I go to the downloaded files location and click on it. The active window freezes up and I have to go into task manager to manually shut it down. I assumed that the download was corrupted somehow, so I deleted it and downloaded it again, only the same problem happened. I've tried activating it as an administrator and the result is always the same.

Have any of you experienced a similiar problem or know some insight into what could be going wrong?

Just a little bit about me.

I'm new to OSI. Years ago, I played on free servers, so I have some experience with the game. Recently some friends of mine who used to play became nostalgic for the Ultima and decided to reactivate their old accounts. I decided to go ahead and do the free trial account (because I really love UO. It was my first MMO and is so unique) :)

I'll run over some specifics about my setup.

1. My PC far exceeds the system requirements of UO. I play World of Warcraft with no problems, so my computer itself checks out fine. I'm also up to date on drivers and I'm clean of spyware and viruses.

2. My isp is cable, so this too is far beyond the system requirements as well.

Thanks so much for any and all advice.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also seen other posters suggest using a Download Manager to help get the file without encountering corruption. It is a rather large download!

And welcome to UO! :)