Having a problem getting SA to run

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

Teeshy

Hiya! I bought a new PC on Tuesday (wheee! =D) anyways, I thought I would attempt the download of SA new client.

I have the installer downloaded, so ran that. But when I run the client to start the patch process absolutely nothing happens! I wanna make it work!

Here's specs for PC:
(running Windows Vista home premium SP1)
AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core CPU
Gigabyte MA770-US3 M/B
Geforce PCIE 9600GT 512MB DDR3 Video Card
4G DDRII RAM PC800

I'm a total newb to vista, (and plan on staying that way til windows 7 comes out - I dont like it!) so I don't know if I did somethign wrong there, I did read somewhere about running as admin, so I tried that - but nothing happens.

Puhleeeze hayulp!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
Teeshy, even if you're on an administrator account, click 'run as admin' for both the client and the patcher

for Vista, change the compatibility mode to Windows XP sp2

F

Fink

Congrats on the new crate, Teesh :D

If you have any performance issues running SA, you can rightly get on the forum and rage! :cursing:

T

Teeshy

Teeshy, even if you're on an administrator account, click 'run as admin' for both the client and the patcher

for Vista, change the compatibility mode to Windows XP sp2
Thanks DevilsOwn =) I tried that (the only .exe I have is for the patcher) but ti still didn't work =( I get the "busy" cursor - then nothing.

I did check the runnign tasks, and there's a UOPatch running, I have no idea if it's doign anythign though - there's NOTHING on my screen, just that running in my task manager =/

Congrats on the new crate, Teesh :D

If you have any performance issues running SA, you can rightly get on the forum and rage! :cursing:
*grins* thanks Fink! I LOVE my new toy so far! Just wish I wasn't having this problem (not to mention the problems with vista and networking at home!)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
I did check the runnign tasks, and there's a UOPatch running, I have no idea if it's doign anythign though - there's NOTHING on my screen, just that running in my task manager =/

oy vey, yeah, forgot about that.... I timed it one day and it was over four minutes before the patcher finally showed up on my screen, and as you know, when you're sitting there doing nothing that seems like forever..... now I hit the patcher icon and walk away from the machine, cause it does appear that there is *nothing* going on and I sit there trying to make it work:blushing: the day that I timed it I expected to see it begin when it showed on the screen, but it was already at about 10% by the time it got there.... hollered about it in beta (a few of us) whether they're looking at it or not I just don't know

don't know how all this is affected by a network, this is the only pc in the house

T

Teeshy

...well! That is just silly!

Thanks though DevilsOwn for pointing it out to me =) It took OVER an hour for the patch screen to show up yesterday, about 15 minutes one time then WELL over an hour the next!

Just silly!