• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Hatchets

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They disam, they AI.

They get LJ bonus from JOAT.

They have a good swing speed and awesome DPS at 25 SSI alone.

Why don't we hear about them more?

I'm starting to think what weaps i need to get imbued now i've foun myself a rather kind imbuer.

Without having slayers (it's early days yet) I'm wanting to make:

Rune Blade, radiant schimter, Daisho, Hatchet (ornate?)
44 HLD
44 HML
44 HSL
25 SSI
40 DI

But that's a lot of relics?

So if you had to choose two out of these which would it be. I know the benefits of each in theory based on feint/AI/DPS/1 or two handed... but what's the reality what would you use in practice?

Im not going to max SSI because i can't afford it and will be using DF and hopefully turquiose ring.

Really appreciate your input as i don't want to make a duff weap!

Kind regards,

Garm.

PS. Stupid Miner, thanks for that awesome mesage you sent me lots to think about :p

S

Stupid Miner

Actually, for PvP, seems hatchets are pretty common. I see lots of them on people working counts in Luna.

Also, to save relics, dont imbue SSI, just go through dull copper runic hammers and keep the ones with 30 SSI on them.
And sometimes you'll get lucky and get one with 30 SSI and a slayer too

Hatchets and Bladed Staffs are the highest damage Armor Ignore weapons, with the staff being slightly slower, but with more damage.

For PvM purposes I would go for AI, Double Strike, Whirlwind and Feint. So Radiant Scimitar/Daisho/Hatchet seems to be a good combination.
Double Axes have Double Strike and Whirlwind and a ton of damage, but they can be hard to maintain at a high swing speed.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, for PvP, seems hatchets are pretty common. I see lots of them on people working counts in Luna.

Also, to save relics, dont imbue SSI, just go through dull copper runic hammers and keep the ones with 30 SSI on them.

Hatchets and Bladed Staffs are the highest damage Armor Ignore weapons, with the staff being slightly slower, but with more damage.

For PvM purposes I would go for AI, Double Strike, Whirlwind and Feint. So Radiant Scimitar/Daisho/Hatchet seems to be a good combination.
Double Axes have Double Strike and Whirlwind and a ton of damage, but they can be hard to maintain at a high swing speed.

Awesome, reassuring to hear!

Thanks for you quick reply :eek:)
There aren't that many people on DF anymore so... and on europa I'm not at the PVP stage yet :p

Better buy/BOD some hammers :p

S

Stupid Miner

There aren't that many people on DF anymore so... and on europa I'm not at the PVP stage yet :p

Also, Relic Fragments come from Bronze Hammers, Valorite Ingots and Knight's War Cleavers or Guardian Axes if the perfect emeralds are too expensive.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, Relic Fragments come from Bronze Hammers, Valorite Ingots and Knight's War Cleavers or Guardian Axes if the perfect emeralds are too expensive.
I thought you could make KWC with standard ingots and get relics?

Do you use val ones for Guardian axes?

Please can youclarify - i don't unravel, but i do craft. My friend imbues for me....

ty :)

S

Stupid Miner

I thought you could make KWC with standard ingots and get relics?

Do you use val ones for Guardian axes?

Please can youclarify - i don't unravel, but i do craft. My friend imbues for me....

ty :)
i havent tried KWC without to be honest.

B

Baghdaddy1

Although the hatchet is a good weapon in regards to pvp (I use one myself from time to time), it is not favored because you cannot chug potions while wielding one.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hatchets are tinker crafted not blacksmith made!