• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has this shard changed that much?

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a time whenever you helped someone you would get a polite thank you and at times even an offer to help you in the future if you ever needed anything.
Let me explain if you will.. I have been in Cove over the last few days. Mostly on my archer dismounting the Controllers so people could tame them. Now i have dismounted alot of them and even came back on my tamer with peace to help folks tame them so everyone can enjoy the event and get what everyone seems to want. A new tamed pet to travel the world with and have many adventures with.
Well after today i may just give up trying after what i witnessed today. Folks it is a free for all and true nobody owns a spawn. But when someone is taming one and working with others and actually having fun in game just to have it all ruined by a person or group of persons well its not fun anymore.
To the Vets of the shard if you need help just ask and i will be glad to help but as far as helping just anyone i guess thats where i stop from here on out.
Call me jaded but thats the way i feel. :(
So to the rest of the shard share your opinions and maybe help clear my way of thinking. Maybe its just me and I am stuck in yester years gone by with how this shard used to be. :eek:
Thank you for your time :D

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly Cuda, it has changed that much. I remember when I used to litteraly give newbies millions to help get started. Anyone remember Marc Anthony aka Rolls Royce. I used to help fund pvp tournys out of my own gold stashes. I gave Matt five mil for his tourny way back when.

We used to be able to go and do a spawn and take turns, even going as far as to set up a time with the regulars and theyd let you spawn for hours before theyd come in for there turn.

Times have changed, and I dont help many people out anymore. Most of the people ive helped out in my uo life have become successful at their uo, or have already quit.

But these times are different.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope not Cuda! There are still many good people out there. Anyone with and O/S; ELV; H^A; C^D ; FSB or SOS (Sosarian Soulseekers) guild tags are sure bets.

When greed overtakes game play I too tend to simply bow out and let them have each other.

L

LIL DON

I have had similar experiences since my return to UO following a 3 year hiatus to the world of Everquest. I went to moonglow and found cannons and tents strewn about, so i decided to explore this black moongate. I stepped inside and found myself in a corrupted Moonglow. I saw several people fighting a Daemon Berzerker. Its health was well below 50% so i knew i would not kill steal if i helped out. i casted an EV and promptly was told to Leave by one of the people. I said i was only being helpful, as i always try to help when i can. The guy replied we dont need your help its our monster or something to that effect. I was astounded that the shard i had help found ages ago had become a haven for asses like this. I later found out some item randomly pops on you if you attack it and get lucky. Had this jackass took 1 second to say "Hello, I am an A hole and think if you hit this monster you will get super lucky and get Uber_magic_item01 so please do not hit it with your EV that the daemon promptly dispelled. I would have probably just left. I also did not know that it seems now it is legal to use pathing exploits like trapping the daemon on one side of the fence and shooting it from the other side with zero risk of dying. I have seen people suspended for doing the same thing but using rotting corpses and a fence to train archery.

P

Pariah_KoV

Sadly a lot of people are like that. I've been taming quite a few nightmares, trying to give extras to those that help peace while I tame or lure them out for me to tame. But there are still those that will summon their dragon or call a buddy dexer to kill it, isntead of allowing someone other then their own to tame the creature.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not all that long ago there was a band of folks that ... .. uh.. didn't play nice, as I recall, and the good people of Legends (yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus) let them know, by actions alone, that they were really not welcome here, and they have since had the good sense to skedaddle ~~~ people like that will show up from time to time, but they never last

the ones that last, dear Cuda, are you, and Deadly, and Cru, and Garry, and Tori... Deb, Dj, Riel and Cherokee... Plucky, Omni, Thunder, Sorc... Mal, NaK, Bullet and Kat... well, you get my point, it's the *nice* ones that last, not the snerts

and guys? revenge is sweet, and there's always Controllers and their pretty ponies in Cove/Fel

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I also did not know that it seems now it is legal to use pathing exploits like trapping the daemon on one side of the fence and shooting it from the other side with zero risk of dying. I have seen people suspended for doing the same thing but using rotting corpses and a fence to train archery."

ouchies :( yeah, I've been helping with daemons in that manner, Lil Don... guilty as charged

I don't lead them there, for I risk hollering from my stealthing buddy, who follows that beast about collecting goodies from his kills, but I will help someone that has him there

I'll go sit in the corner now

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure we cant just make it AOL Legends again? ;)
Its ok I have found something else to entertain me for a bit until the event gets boresome again and they all leave like they did with the rift.

Now lets see, where was I? Oh yes, what exactly does this bloke have in his pack that I want to steal again? :D

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly this is happening on every single shard, worse on most from what I'm reading. I don't understand behavior like that. We have people there taming and giving them away to help out other people.

I'd love to see a post from someone who is doing this to explain their reasons behind keeping anyone from taming them. The events are fun, but they seem to bring out the worst in people.

Damia

A

Annienox

I moved to Legends when it first opened and enjoyed the fellowship you are all talking about, and after leaving for awhile I came back to find, much to my dislike, *******s. Plaine and simple. And there are lots of them. I try not to become one of them, but I do have to admit that after being over ran by them its hard not to treat everyone that way when that is all you get. I have found a few nice people (and no not all of them are vets) but I am more cautious about who I help. I try and use Ophra's tactic and pay it forward but find I wind up getting bit on the behind. :{

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well like ive said i really dont go out of my way to help people anymore.

Some people I will always help, Guy/Hillbill, D's Own, Nak, Sorc, Damia, Jade, Rolls, Scuba, Cash(no you cant have my inquis) and a couple others.

Ive given people ethys and gold only to be effed over and they talk mad trash. Some people even accused me of being greedy and scamming and stealing. Clearly thats not my nature, but some people just have to beat other people down when they feel bad about themselves...

But as a whole Im finding Legends very lacking in good people. Ive been playing Napa and Sonoma more and more.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried siege, I dont only like being limited to one char and teh skill gain is to slow.

N

Nosuperiors_Damnfewequals

But as a whole Im finding Legends very lacking in good people.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! I had the exact opposite experience, and thought Legends had an excellent % of good vs prick. :blushing:
I must be too easy!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well sir you have to know that Ive been here from day one. When Legends first opened it was so comunity based and litterally everyone knew everyone. People would do anything for anyone. Never had to fight over spawns, and never had the chumps who griefed spawns.

But there are still really good people, I must be jaded.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're taming them in fel, along side one of my enemy guilds who are attacking us, expect us to kill your horse while you're taming it.

That's just the way it goes down on the fel side.

If that makes me a bad person, oh well.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still around on my sh*tty dialup connection! I try to help people when I can, but like the rest of ya'll I've encounter my share of A-holes.

I just do the best I can, if I kill ya with my Greater Draggy in fel its probably because I have a hard time making him listen to me, not because I wanted to kill ya! I only kill the scriptards and red dudes (I thought I'd *TRY* to do the justice virtue!)

But yeah its a different shard...I sure do miss the AOL Legends days when we were all a family and everybody knew everybody! Oh and everybody would laugh to see me come running throught the bank...dead again!

B

BardMal

Don't let ba$#ards get you down, or even alter your kindness.
Goodness and love always triumphs - it just looks like these atributes loose because they leave a rotting corpse behind as they elevate into a higher demension of light and love ;)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly Mal, ive already let them get to me. I turned off both my accounts because I didnt like what the PVP comunity became. I didnt like how people acted, the trammel side isnt much better.

Hackers, scripters, cheaters, exploiters, liars and broken promises have taken there toll on me. I tried to adapt, I tried to overcome. But when people insist on doing things to ruin others gameplay, and in turn make someone aggrivated irl, i think its time to call it a day.

I got mad because someone who I know im better than 9 times outta 10, killed me and talked crap about it. I got frustrated :cursing:, which aggrivated me the day after. When I let myself get so into a game that I take that personally, I have to take a step back and get back to reality.

I have a newborn son, a two and a half year old monster of a daughter, and a crabby wife...Those are what I try to focus on these days...but who knows maybe im beating a dead horse :bdh: but i think what uo has become is :lame: