• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has SA ruined 2d client ???

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My char freezes when standing idle for 10 seconds all non moving npc in town look frozen i killed some creatures in a dungeon they were all still standing there after death... and i havent even downloaded SA yet Sigh ... looks concerned

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My char freezes when standing idle for 10 seconds all non moving npc in town look frozen i killed some creatures in a dungeon they were all still standing there after death... and i havent even downloaded SA yet Sigh ... looks concerned
Try downloading SA... Are you completely patched?

I ping 61 and I have had 0 issues with lag.

I remember the AoS lagg... did NOT want to go through that again... big relief that it wasn't an AoS situation.

S

SUPRsalad

works great for me.
id like to announce that thc is the first guild to find
and finish both new fel spawns! yay!

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mend with me brother ...

i just downloaded the SA upgrade code and completed it but im still freezing and experiencing big time problems.. my salute function freezeshalf way when i bow i freeze half way and am locked in place non moving npc look frozen this all happend after latest patch, patch 7.0.0.0..0 ...

when i play the game on my laptop from work it runs fine i have just unistalled everything uo on my desktop and am currently reinstalling i post this here because asking a mod or someone in the game is impossible dont know whats going on..

basically one day game is working fine now new patch SA comes out and my desktop uo is all jacked up : looks sad... twiddles thumbs. i hope re downloading it works out these problems well sorry for wasting your time ...;[[

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i ended up restarting whole pc something i hadnt done in over a month and it cleared everything up again sorry for wasting everyones time but at least im back to normal have a great day ...

S

SilusPravec

I had a problem where animations weren't displaying properly after the 7.0 update. When monsters died, they would 'freeze' in their last pose unless I left the screen and returned.

Updating my video card's drivers solved the problem.

S

SUPRsalad

well i ended up restarting whole pc something i hadnt done in over a month and it cleared everything up again sorry for wasting everyones time but at least im back to normal have a great day ...
hahahahhahahahah, im so sorry bro for laughing at you, but ahahahha, DUDE, you haven't restarted in a month and your first instinct was to think that your client was messed up.?? lol, im sorry bro.. Seriously tho, lets have a little talk about this: (this applies to EVERYONE, not just you. If you think you've heard this, skip to step 3. it might be helpful)

1. you CANNOT do that. Restart one, if not twice, three times daily, and TURN IT OFF sometimes. Its not good for the components to run constantly like that.
2. take it apart. open that tower up man, and put the air compressor on it. (or one of those compressed air cans) blow it out man.. the dust can cause static and shorts. its bad. bad. bad.
3. Your client: (and this is NOT illegal.) when client is running (on a fresh start), hit CTRL ALT DEL, and the task manager opens up. find client.exe on the processes list. take note of its mem usage in terms of kbs. now, go run around luna or somewhere with a bunch of houses, and repeat the steps.. you should notice that client is taking WAY more memory now, and its still going up. Often times, it can get up to 300k before it crashes. This is because you are 'caching' or storing houses, so that you do not need to DL the info again the next time you run by the same house.

heres how you solve that:
in client, type (say) -releasemem. notice that when you press enter to speak it, it does not come out. thats because its an actual client command. NOW look at your client.exe on the task manager. Should have dropped significantly. Mine usually drops to around 17k.
Tie this to almost any macro. ('say' -releasemem) like.. put it on your mini heal, or space bar, or something you use ALOT. this will not only GREATLY improve performance of your client, but it won't crash anymore.

My guess is that would have solved your problem in the first place, but dude.. no more running the cpu for a month strait.. restart regularly, and dude, GIVE IT A REST!!!!

B

Balian of Asgard

handing out l33t secrets like they were loot from a mongbat :(:twak:

M

mutau

May i suggest looking at the new Tech Forums for answers on other tech issues you might have. they are getting a lot of threads/posts made to help everyone. thanks.

S

SUPRsalad

handing out l33t secrets like they were loot from a mongbat :(:twak:
don't believe in uo 'secrets' mang. I believe everyone should have a stable client.. how fun is it to pwn someones face, when they have just crashed their client?? wait.. don't answer that.. lol

D

Dreamz_imported

hahahahhahahahah, im so sorry bro for laughing at you, but ahahahha, DUDE, you haven't restarted in a month and your first instinct was to think that your client was messed up.?? lol, im sorry bro.. Seriously tho, lets have a little talk about this: (this applies to EVERYONE, not just you. If you think you've heard this, skip to step 3. it might be helpful)

1. you CANNOT do that. Restart one, if not twice, three times daily, and TURN IT OFF sometimes. Its not good for the components to run constantly like that.
2. take it apart. open that tower up man, and put the air compressor on it. (or one of those compressed air cans) blow it out man.. the dust can cause static and shorts. its bad. bad. bad.
3. Your client: (and this is NOT illegal.) when client is running (on a fresh start), hit CTRL ALT DEL, and the task manager opens up. find client.exe on the processes list. take note of its mem usage in terms of kbs. now, go run around luna or somewhere with a bunch of houses, and repeat the steps.. you should notice that client is taking WAY more memory now, and its still going up. Often times, it can get up to 300k before it crashes. This is because you are 'caching' or storing houses, so that you do not need to DL the info again the next time you run by the same house.

heres how you solve that:
in client, type (say) -releasemem. notice that when you press enter to speak it, it does not come out. thats because its an actual client command. NOW look at your client.exe on the task manager. Should have dropped significantly. Mine usually drops to around 17k.
Tie this to almost any macro. ('say' -releasemem) like.. put it on your mini heal, or space bar, or something you use ALOT. this will not only GREATLY improve performance of your client, but it won't crash anymore.

My guess is that would have solved your problem in the first place, but dude.. no more running the cpu for a month strait.. restart regularly, and dude, GIVE IT A REST!!!!
Actually,

1) Rebooting 2 to 3 is worse than leaving it on for months. PCs are rather durable, but multiple reboots will do more damage than leaving it on. A better solutions would be for it to go into suspend mode during the day and only reboot when you are having issues.

2) a better idea would be to blow it out and then install air filters over intake fan exhaust. You will extend the life of your computer. If you can't replace the intake, just put a piece of fabric softener in between the case and the fan.

3) I never bothered with running a pc that can't handle the data caching, so I can't say anything about this.

B

Balian of Asgard

Actually,

1) Rebooting 2 to 3 is worse than leaving it on for months. PCs are rather durable, but multiple reboots will do more damage than leaving it on. A better solutions would be for it to go into suspend mode during the day and only reboot when you are having issues.

2) a better idea would be to blow it out and then install air filters over intake fan exhaust. You will extend the life of your computer. If you can't replace the intake, just put a piece of fabric softener in between the case and the fan.

3) I never bothered with running a pc that can't handle the data caching, so I can't say anything about this.
u shouldnt have said anything at all, just kept lurking
o btw welcome

S

SUPRsalad

Actually,

lurk more :/

S

SUPRsalad

you mean with the new client kal? I noticed that too, thought it was just me..
agreed..

somebody,
climb
down
there
and
FIX IT!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you mean with the new client kal? I noticed that too, thought it was just me..
agreed..

somebody,
climb
down
there
and
FIX IT!
No , with the classic 2d client. Since SA came out , all the text is drifted off to the left and sometimes you can't even see what somebody is saying.. Its very frustrating. :thumbdown:

S

SUPRsalad

yeah no, i know. thats what i thought you were talking about, and thats what i was talking about.
yeah, no..
somebody,
climb
their
ass
down
there
and
FIX IT

M

mutau

It's incredibly bizarre to read the left screen one word at a time. Some guys would talk that way prior to SA and still do it now? I thought that the macro dilemma would have been fixed?