• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone seem a Crimson Dragon today?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The weirdest thing just happened on Lake Superior.

Spawn in Yew was defeated, vanished in a puff of black smoke. Normally this or something similar heralds the arrival of a Crimson Dragon.

But no Dragon.

No more corrupted NPCs.

Yew can be recalled into normally; I tested it.

What am I not thinking of?

-Galen's player

L

Lord Kynd

Spawn in Yew was defeated, vanished in a puff of black smoke. Normally this or something similar heralds the arrival of a Crimson Dragon.

But no Dragon.

No more corrupted NPCs.

-Galen's player

same thing just happened at Vesper on atlantic.

W

wrekognize

But no Dragon.

No more corrupted NPCs.

-Galen's player

This happened because either TB or Council of mages took control of the city. The invasion will automatically stop if one of these two factions takes control of an invaded city. SL and Minax taking control causes the invasion to start.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happened because either TB or Council of mages took control of the city. The invasion will automatically stop if one of these two factions takes control of an invaded city. SL and Minax taking control causes the invasion to start.

Yes but how would the CoM or TB Factions take a city without the spawn's defeat releasing the Sigil?

Or you're saying the sigil happened by raw coincidence to become stealable on its own (its timer ran out)? And it's just coincidence that a CoM or TB thief stole it at just that moment?

-Galen's player

W

wrekognize

Yes but how would the CoM or TB Factions take a city without the spawn's defeat releasing the Sigil?

Or you're saying the sigil happened by raw coincidence to become stealable on its own (its timer ran out)? And it's just coincidence that a CoM or TB thief stole it at just that moment?

-Galen's player
The city is owned by Minax or SL for 6 hours after they claim the city. TB and mages can steal the sigil after the 6 hours, corrupt and take back the city in another 4 hours. So it is possible the spawn could end in 10 hours if the spawn is not defeated before then.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The city is owned by Minax or SL for 6 hours after they claim the city. TB and mages can steal the sigil after the 6 hours, corrupt and take back the city in another 4 hours. So it is possible the spawn could end in 10 hours if the spawn is not defeated before then.
Ah...Yeah I forgot it was just 6 hours for the event.

Thank you.

-Galen's player

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to echo Galen's question here, but for Saturday this time. Were there any invasions active on any shards on Saturday? Just checked over half the shards and Sherry statues or town criers are reporting "no news."

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had no news from invasion since yesterday on Drachs and Napa.

V

Voodoo990

We had no news from invasion since yesterday on Drachs and Napa.
Just tried to trigger an invasion (trinsic/Sakura) and nothing, tried again with minoc and same. Has this event been turned off???

C

Calliope

I just asked the town crier in Cove Felucca for news. She said that an astronomer in Moonglow had made a discovery about the strange rifts....:coco:

K

Kensai Tsunami

saw a crimson in magincia and we killed it after all of us died over and over.
never died like that to the thing b4. everyone was sayin, "damn did they beef these up or what?!?"
sure seemed like it. and there was no actual invasion forces either. just the crimson dragon.
*shrugs*

N

Noobish Noob

Perhaps they are fiddling with the invasion to deal with the faction points exploit?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
saw a crimson in magincia and we killed it after all of us died over and over.
never died like that to the thing b4. everyone was sayin, "damn did they beef these up or what?!?"
sure seemed like it. and there was no actual invasion forces either. just the crimson dragon.
*shrugs*
When the Crimson spawns, the other spawn goes away.

If the General you're fighting, that you have redlined, ever just vanishes in mid-swing? Very good odds are that a Crimson has spawned somewhere in that town.

The corrupted NPCs, however, should remain. Are you saying they were gone too, or just the Shadow Armies?

-Galen's player

K

Kensai Tsunami

well its a bit dif in magincia cuz there are no npcs to become corrupted.
the crimson was alone when i got there.
a couple ppl were running around farming threads.
usually i see the colored armor and invasion forces weps all over the place that ppl have left from looting.
none of that was there, as if the thing had just appeared all by itself.
of course i guess its possible that an invasion had hit hours b4 and the remnants of it had vanished by the time the rest of us grouped up to beat the dragon down.
who knows for sure ...but its very strange how much stronger the thing seemed to be as well as the fact that it was the 1st sign of any invasion forces at all on LS since last thursday.
course i dont play 24/7 so i cant say there wasnt one when i was offline.
but i am on vacation so i do play alot lately.
are factions falling apart? maybe thats why the invasions arent happening anymore? i personally havent bothered with factions cuz the only type of ppl i have experienced in them so far is a bunch of immature kids that just wanna KILL KILL KILL!!!

but anyway, to answer your question galen, i didnt see any forces or the evidence of them either.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well its a bit dif in magincia cuz there are no npcs to become corrupted.
Eep; sorry, didn't notice it was Magincia at first!

This scenario that you mentioned:

of course i guess its possible that an invasion had hit hours b4 and the remnants of it had vanished by the time the rest of us grouped up to beat the dragon down.
sounds likely?

-Galen's player

K

Kensai Tsunami

prolly so
just had spawns in skara and vesper so i guess the faction folks are back to it on LS
:thumbup: