• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Has anyone figured out how to repair Hawkwind robe?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you cant repair it (i would think it would be tailor) its a once and done item like the vvv 5hci epaulettes and hooded shroud. @Bleak we have never got confirmation if this was intended or not for the vvv stuff. maybe this would be a good time so people arent paying 100m for an item thatll wear out in a few days. i know i was not happy when i found out my silver had been wasted, would hate to think if i paid 100m for a very short lived item. i guess it may still be worth it anyway if you want a maxed out suit.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How long is the robe lasting that someone who got it has to repair it after only playing a week with the new expansion? Is it similar to antique?

Mooselisted

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone attempted to repair any of the other new arties?
I would think this would just be an error that wasn't intentional, it would definitely be a buzz kill.

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna was on ATL today. She said they were going to fix the repair issue.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah right, what about non cloth ones?!
Either she was referencing the specific complaints regarding cloth ones (and meant to apply her statement to all the arties), or they're under the faulty assumption that the non-cloth ones are fine. I'd sincerely hope that whatever dev is tasked with fixing the cloth ones would poke around with the non-cloth ones.

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So i bought a Reptile trinket a few days ago prob one of the first ppl who decided to get rid of his, and i paid 350m for it. I just repaired it which is nice that they fixed that i didn't know u couldn't repair them before, but when i tried to pof it, its said " you cannot use that on that item" is this going to stay this way??! I HOPE NOT!! Cause that will lame as hell ! For sampires' these trinkets wont last at all and to pay sooo much for them id feel ripped of bad. The item is a completely clean item, doesn't say antique or anything on it so why wouldn't you be able to pof it as well? anyone..

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i bought a Reptile trinket a few days ago prob one of the first ppl who decided to get rid of his, and i paid 350m for it. I just repaired it which is nice that they fixed that i didn't know u couldn't repair them before, but when i tried to pof it, its said " you cannot use that on that item" is this going to stay this way??! I HOPE NOT!! Cause that will lame as hell ! For sampires' these trinkets wont last at all and to pay sooo much for them id feel ripped of bad. The item is a completely clean item, doesn't say antique or anything on it so why wouldn't you be able to pof it as well? anyone..
i wouldnt expect it to change. many new arties like this. ring of soulbinder, boots of escaping, enchanted coral bracelet come to mind. Personally i dont see it as a huge issue, just have to be a little careful like dont use it for stuff with acid, and dont stand in fire. Also many people will be getting a full set, so each specific one wont be taking much damage. Itll basically last forever unless your not taking care of it or playing UO way way too much.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah why can't the items have power of fort applied @Kyronix ? They are "clean" so should be able to right? I don't see the problem. Lots of other arties can be. Sure if cared for properly they will last a long time but I agree with @Smurf about this. The items don't have the brittle or antique tag. I also think jewels that are "clean" should be able to have power applied also.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Has this been fixed or figured out yet?

Also, how do you dye a hawkwind robe?

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Has this been fixed or figured out yet?

Also, how do you dye a hawkwind robe?
Nothing to figure out, they are simply unrepairable for the time being. Has not been fixed. Every Eodon arty I've tried to dye (with all dyes, natural, tokuno, turn-in, tubs) is unable to be dyed.