• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Has anyone ever made a Focus Warrior?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`m not talking about Focus the skill, but a Focus Attack. Was kicking around the idea of making warrior centered around Focus Attack. Just wasnt sure if the bonus wood be worth it. Was thinking

120 Sword
120 Ninja
100 Tac
100 Ana
99 Necro
100 Healing
81 Chiv

I was thinking that using slow heavy hitters with maxed Hit Properties. DI(not much choice there) HLL, HSL, HML, Hit Area or Hit Spell. Possable assasin armor, with as much LMC, & DI on it as possable.

Got bored, so what you think? Good? Tear it apart & rebuild?

P

Playhardgopro

Yes.

For a long time I thought Focus Attack (FA) might be an interesting skill to play around with.

I converted a Samurai to make use of an Ornate Axe with high leeches. With FA running, the life and mana leeches were both above 100. I generally found it wasn't that useful. I'm not sure what the chances are, but the leeches seemed quite random and I understand random doesn't cut it against high-end monsters. I was swinging the axe slow though and probably not with max DI. I should be interested to see how someone with a top suit fares if they switch in Ninjitsu instead of Bushisdo/Parry and rely on FA spam.

I always thought it would be more useful on a pvp character. Using the mods where 100 means 100%.

So make or obtain a weapon with 50 % hit lightning and 50% HLD (and maybe 50% HLA - or at least have a version with HLA for fighting other dexxers). Then every hit with focus will trigger all of the above. E.g. lightning on top of your normal weapon damage every time.

I think you'd want to be using the most heavy hitting one hander you can swing at or close to cap. Maybe with good specials or go for straight DPS and have a weapon with bleed or mortal or whatever you like to put the pressure on on fast-switch. One hander so you can pots (obv) but also so you can spam DP darts/shs. As long as you prep them before hand, it's no extra skill cost to you to be able to DP people, which at least gives you something to do when chasing.

• Ninjitsu
  • Tactics
  • Anatomy
  • Healing
  • Resist
  • Weapon Skill

All 120? And go for 4 second heals and a fast and strong weapon with lightning every hit? I suppose this is outdated with today's hybrids. Your problem may be mana? Maybe you need 120 med and MR to keep up with using FA every shot?

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time i did try focus attack spam on my pvm ninja, i did simply run out of mana after not so many swings. Shouldnt happen with 120 ninjitsu, 100+ displayed mana leech , 40 lmc and a leafblade. Didnt see any difference between 50 and 100 life leech also. Never found the time to investigate this further,as its hard to do. But the idea by itself is nice,especially for a non necro warrior.
Looking at the numbers, this should work,but it didnt.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're talkin about PvP and Focus Attack - make a gargoyle character with the gargoyle sword that has the forced walk/bleed splintering weapon mod.

40% to force walk is pretty hot!