• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone encountered this odd graphics glitch before?

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I encountered this strangely persistent graphics glitch. Surprisingly, it remains even if I reboot client/comp. So far,it only happens in one single place: my little island plot. Graphics begin pugging as I step in and remain broken til I recall away. Happens every time. No other player houses or random travelling about somewhere else has produced same result as of yet.

I tested latest WoW expansion with full eye candy and Enhanced client of UO. They both work as normal.

Is this something that sometimes happens to people?;o How to fix this?

graphicsbug.png

Edit,
Using the patcher's Check files-option seems to have fixed my problem! It certainly should have been 1st thing I do, but had forgotten the option for checking file integrity is available.

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, haven't tried that in a long time. Haven't changed any of my settings of late.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Seen it a few months ago recalling to a house in Luna.

Went away when I rebooted client

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My glitch endures client reboot, comp reboot and server reboot it seems..;o

Doesn't happen in any of my other homes. Nor have I yet encountered it anywhere else. Did maybe 6 t-maps, recalling and stuff all over the place. Very strange.

Last edited:

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guess: It may be corruption in game files. Try validate in launcher maybe by "full file validation" checkbox at the bottom.. or whatever its called.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since wow is working fine, i guess it might be a directX 8 issue exclusively too, which classic use (though i'm far from an expert in these kind of things),

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Last time I had similar issues I had an almost new video card. So we bought a new monitor but the issue remained. While changing the monitor I did notice one of the cats had been biting and chewing on the monitor cable. Well I wanted a larger monitor anyway.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it were video card or video card driver issue, would it really happen only with one game and only in one spot? I've tested few quite recent,eye candy heavy games and they all run fine.

Even in UO, everything else except this spot is fine.

It is alarming to know this -might- well be a Graphics card-issue. But would these really be the symptoms? Would Classic Client of UO really be the one to act out while games such asWoW, Dragon Age Inq. and even EC seem to work fine?

I installed latest Geforce experience drivers&graphics drivers yesterday when this issue 1st appeared. Didn't help. Gonna re-install UO next I guess.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Silly @Flagg ! It's nothing to do with your video card, the tiny isle is obviously haunted! :p
Seriously though, I have only seen that kind of thing once and it was when I died in the Eodon 'Kotl artifact' dungeon, the whole screen went like that and it took me 4 attempts to log back in and get my body, finally I had to log into the Classic client and then reboot the PC after I got my stuff back.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ShriNayne Hahah, I thought of the same!!! D;
tis ghost of some treasure hunter of old hauntin me. Come next chapter of the story, I start seeing that distortion in real life, too...

Last edited:

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update graphics drivers is where i would start. Then use that validate option on the patcher. Then reinstall.

If none of the above fix it, can safely say your graphics card is on its way out

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So I encountered this strangely persistent graphics glitch. Surprisingly, it remains even if I reboot client/comp. So far,it only happens in one single place: my little island plot. Graphics begin pugging as I step in and remain broken til I recall away. Happens every time. No other player houses or random travelling about somewhere else has produced same result as of yet.

I tested latest WoW expansion with full eye candy and Enhanced client of UO. They both work as normal.

Is this something that sometimes happens to people?;o How to fix this?

View attachment 53720

Edit,
Using the patcher's Check files-option seems to have fixed my problem! It certainly should have been 1st thing I do, but had forgotten the option for checking file integrity is available.
I've only seen this effect once, I think its a data stream issue that is caused by 3rd Party Programs. Once I was in BT Dungeon on LS standing hidden next to a well known AFK Farmer known to run 3rd party programs and saw the exact same effect,,,but thats Sur Annoying

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only seen this effect once, I think its a data stream issue that is caused by 3rd Party Programs. Once I was in BT Dungeon on LS standing hidden next to a well known AFK Farmer known to run 3rd party programs and saw the exact same effect,,,but thats Sur Annoying

Issue did appear when I was treasure hunting..and I always use UOAM when Treasure hunting, so there is that.
Other than that, it ever appeared in one spot only;my tiny island refuge. Regardless of wether I use UOAM/Assist, or wether I reboot computer etc. It began at the same day they turned housing decay off for awhile, I kinda tinfoiled that this might have caused it somehow.

At any rate, checking file integrity via launcher was all that it took to fix it. :)