• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone else been experiencing this bug?

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently wanted to redo my house and when I went to customize, I find my client freezing up and crashing. This would sometimes happen immediately, other times I could customize for a while and then it would crash. Also, whenever I try to commit, it instantly crashes. I've finally given up on customizing, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience this problem?

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That happens to me constantly...Its gotten worse and worse. I have noticed though, that its the very worst in one of my 18x18's that I keep most of my stuff in. I am starting to think it might have to do with the number of lockdowns in the house. Not sure, just an idea. I recently customized a home for a guildmate and I didn't crash or lag once...he had hardly anything in the house. I don't know, just a theory.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never crashed customizing a 18 by 18. When I owned my malas 18 by 18 I tried to customize it the lag was so mad it sometimes took 10 minutes to lay down half a floor. Im glad I got rid of that lag infested 18 by 18.
but my uo hubby he crashes alot but that is because he doesnt have enough ram, and his pc gets bogged down. My motto is a clean computer is a happy computer. delete unnessary files defrag it weekly. keep email boxes cleaned of emails you dont need or want. yes those also can bogg your pc down. run a spyware cleaner I use obit, and avg anti virus scan. I use to use Mcafee ( not sure I spelled that right. but close enough) I stopped using it because it took up way to much ram. Also shut your pc off when you go to bed. Think of your computer as a library that you visit where you take books off the shelves. When you shut down your computer for the night it gives your computer sometime to put most those books back on the shelves and shortens the time when you defrag your pc. Ive had my computer for 4 years now and it still runs like I just bought it home the first day. another thing you can do go to My computer click on properties click on advance click on settings in performance then click on adjust for best performance, that right there makes a big difference.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never crashed customizing a 18 by 18. When I owned my malas 18 by 18 I tried to customize it the lag was so mad it sometimes took 10 minutes to lay down half a floor. Im glad I got rid of that lag infested 18 by 18.
but my uo hubby he crashes alot but that is because he doesnt have enough ram, and his pc gets bogged down. My motto is a clean computer is a happy computer. delete unnessary files defrag it weekly. keep email boxes cleaned of emails you dont need or want. yes those also can bogg your pc down. run a spyware cleaner I use obit, and avg anti virus scan. I use to use Mcafee ( not sure I spelled that right. but close enough) I stopped using it because it took up way to much ram. Also shut your pc off when you go to bed. Think of your computer as a library that you visit where you take books off the shelves. When you shut down your computer for the night it gives your computer sometime to put most those books back on the shelves and shortens the time when you defrag your pc. Ive had my computer for 4 years now and it still runs like I just bought it home the first day. another thing you can do go to My computer click on properties click on advance click on settings in performance then click on adjust for best performance, that right there makes a big difference.
Lol, I think I forgot to mention I run on a mac... I have a 2 gig ram and 160 HD (which is way less now but shhh.) My home is actually pretty empty and not even near masimum lockdowns, so I'm not sure if that's the reason, however I did send in a bug report. Maybe it's a bug? It could be my system but it's weird this has never happened before and I have no other problems with my client crashing but when I go to customize.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which client are you using when you customize the house and everything freezes/crashes? If you're using the KR client, I believe house customization is still a bit of a weak point and you may end up being far less frustrated if you use the 2d client if you will be doing a lot of building or revamping of your house.

Also, with either client, it's a good idea to slow down with clicking on any part of the tool bar if you notice that things are getting laggy and there seems to be hesitation/slowness with the cursor becoming usable again after you do things like backup, synch, change to a different category of objects to build, etc. I think all the housing information may be stored on a separate server and at times I think communication to/from that server is delayed.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am in customise mode for long periods of time then eventually the green 'air' tiles disappear and shortly after my client will crash. I've just learned to quickly log out as soon as I see the tiles go :)

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which client are you using when you customize the house and everything freezes/crashes? If you're using the KR client, I believe house customization is still a bit of a weak point and you may end up being far less frustrated if you use the 2d client if you will be doing a lot of building or revamping of your house.

Also, with either client, it's a good idea to slow down with clicking on any part of the tool bar if you notice that things are getting laggy and there seems to be hesitation/slowness with the cursor becoming usable again after you do things like backup, synch, change to a different category of objects to build, etc. I think all the housing information may be stored on a separate server and at times I think communication to/from that server is delayed.
Nope, I run in 2d only. My system gets too tired running an emultor and KR. For me, the crash generally happens when I'm going to set a tile down or I'm clicking on the bar, whether it's to find a new tire or it's to flip to the next page or the varient tiles. Also, whenever I commit my client automatically crashes.