• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone built a PvP suit around an ANTIQUE jewel yet?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very tempted because I've got some crazy ANTIQUE legendary jewels that I'd like to build a PvP template around but I just haven't done it yet bc of the whole durability thing..... I was wondering if anyone HAS done this yet and how fairs the durability so far.... the fact that the jewels c not be powered even 3 times just makes me not want to put the effort into a suit I might not get to use very long.....

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After testing antique with my pvm mage, who never really gets hit, I shelved the idea of ever using antique items. I know in PvP they *should* last a while. But I don't want to risk building a suit around something just for it to be gone in no time.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very tempted because I've got some crazy ANTIQUE legendary jewels that I'd like to build a PvP template around but I just haven't done it yet bc of the whole durability thing..... I was wondering if anyone HAS done this yet and how fairs the durability so far.... the fact that the jewels c not be powered even 3 times just makes me not want to put the effort into a suit I might not get to use very long.....
I was under the impression they regularly loose durability even when you don't get hit, so pretty hard to build around. Correct me if im wrong on that on, anyone.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression they regularly loose durability even when you don't get hit, so pretty hard to build around. Correct me if im wrong on that on, anyone.
I *think* that if you're in an aggressive state that you'll lose durability. I was dropping Rising Colossus and casting area spells on a mage. Still lost a bunch of durability in a short amount of time.

Tinky Feetz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why wouldn't you build a suit around some nice jewelry. Don't worry about it losing durability, repair it till it's destroyed and move on. Utilize what you find, enjoy the game and make a new suit. We're gamers, make a suit, kill some creatures, repeat...how long have you been doing this? <rhetorical question>

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the VVV antique jewelry, i have to repair my bracelet and/or ring once a day. So i don't recommend it, i can't see the suit lasting more than a few months.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would use antique jewels for a very fun oped template that i might play once every couple weeks, but for a daily character never.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a also use several antique jewels, but they are ones that are cookie cutter / easily replaceable. like 10ssi stuff. i can look for backups in the meantime.

i guess it depends on the level of suit. i wouldnt specifically tailor a suit around something that relied on the specific mods of something antique, without having a "backup" that could be thrown in.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a also use several antique jewels, but they are ones that are cookie cutter / easily replaceable. like 10ssi stuff. i can look for backups in the meantime.

i guess it depends on the level of suit. i wouldnt specifically tailor a suit around something that relied on the specific mods of something antique, without having a "backup" that could be thrown in.
Hmmm.. yeah its a +20 Magery 18 SDI Antique legendary bracelet that will allow me to build a 30 SDI parry mage AND have GM inscribe(so 40 sdi)as well... aka the 17% CF..... I'd be be using 3 Forged tool charges to make the suit happen..... I think I'll just go for it... otherwise what's the point of having like 50 Antique legendaries? I'll also understand better how long such things might last..

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a VVV crysteline ring, its down to 249 duribility. used if for around 10 hours gameplay. Mix of pvp/champs/vvv.
So yes they break fast :(

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok

As per stratics: Antique = Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200 and 150 respectively. Can be repaired

I don't really understand this, so your jewel starts off at 255/255 and 'can be powdered 3 times' does this mean if it drops to say 20/255 you can powder it up using however many charges (approx 13) to 250 and this is classed as the 'first' powder or is one charge (ie taking it from 20/255 to 30/255) considered a powder?

I just picked up an Antique bracelet with the following stats:

Intel 10
Mana Inc 5
Mana Regen 4
SDI 12%
FCR 3%
LMC 8%
LRC 20%

So am interested to know exactly how long you reckon that piece would last, especially if it was repaired each day.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok

As per stratics: Antique = Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200 and 150 respectively. Can be repaired

I don't really understand this, so your jewel starts off at 255/255 and 'can be powdered 3 times' does this mean if it drops to say 20/255 you can powder it up using however many charges (approx 13) to 250 and this is classed as the 'first' powder or is one charge (ie taking it from 20/255 to 30/255) considered a powder?

Intel 10
Mana Inc 5
Mana Regen 4
SDI 12%
FCR 3%
LMC 8%
LRC 20%

So am interested to know exactly how long you reckon that piece would last, especially if it was repaired each day.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok

Intel 10
Mana Inc 5
Mana Regen 4
SDI 12%
FCR 3%
LMC 8%
LRC 20%

you cant powder jewels anyway so it doesnt apply to them.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doh well that is hopeless then. Why do they bother making them with durability if you can't then treat them like all other bits.

And how come on every single post I make it gives an error message? Started happening yesterday, and though it says there was an 'error' it still actually posts.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doh well that is hopeless then. Why do they bother making them with durability if you can't then treat them like all other bits.

And how come on every single post I make it gives an error message? Started happening yesterday, and though it says there was an 'error' it still actually posts.
its just messed up. it still posts but gives the error. i just open up stratics in another window.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... And how come on every single post I make it gives an error message? Started happening yesterday, and though it says there was an 'error' it still actually posts.
'Tis a new bug in the forum software, that I am certain they are aware of by now... ;) Patience grasshopper....