• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has Ancient SoS Drop Rate Changed Recently?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could just be that I'm having a run of bad luck, however it seems like my fishers (all of whom have at least 500-600 luck on their suits because they also mine for saltpeter) are no longer getting Ancient SoS. Has anyone who's done a bit of fishing in the last month or so seen any difference in the drop rate for these? The FAQ thread above says these drop at a rate of 1 out of every 25.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could just be that I'm having a run of bad luck, however it seems like my fishers (all of whom have at least 500-600 luck on their suits because they also mine for saltpeter) are no longer getting Ancient SoS. Has anyone who's done a bit of fishing in the last month or so seen any difference in the drop rate for these? The FAQ thread above says these drop at a rate of 1 out of every 25.
Same for me Tina, I have done over 100 lately without a single ancient map and my fisherman uncorks them and he's over 2000 luck. Something going on for sure.

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I also have noticed this decrease in receiving Ancient SOS bottles. Haven't had any bottle uncork to Ancient in almost 2 months and have also noticed when uncorking the bottles they do not become a scroll in my back pack but remain in bottle form. I do however get the Message (with the coordinates listed on it) but it goes right back to bottle form when I close it. Never use to do that.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have noticed this decrease in receiving Ancient SOS bottles. Haven't had any bottle uncork to Ancient in almost 2 months and have also noticed when uncorking the bottles they do not become a scroll in my back pack but remain in bottle form. I do however get the Message (with the coordinates listed on it) but it goes right back to bottle form when I close it. Never use to do that.
I haven't noticed them turning back into bottle form. Which client are you using?

Also, I finally got an ancient SOS in the last couple of days....from a treasure chest.

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I haven't noticed them turning back into bottle form. Which client are you using?

Also, I finally got an ancient SOS in the last couple of days....from a treasure chest.
Tina, I am using the EC and this occurs when I am fishing on Siege.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I opened exactly 25 bottles today. I had 1758 luck (also opened at a house in Fel - if that makes any difference.) and I had exactly one ancient sos out of the twenty five. Many did come from treasure chest if that changes anything.

Before today, it had been a while since an ancient sos.