• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harvest Festival Story Telling Contest - Cultural Impact

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1698962561697.png umm weren't da Spainards at da time ob da Columbus white? Da spanish in today's Central and South America are brown cause dey mixed wif da indigenous hummiez dat were already dere.

1698962533219.png Dis is contempory pikturdz ob da hummiez dat paid kolumbus.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
View attachment 148766 umm weren't da Spainards at da time ob da Columbus white? Da spanish in today's Central and South America are brown cause dey mixed wif da indigenous hummiez dat were already dere.

View attachment 148765 Dis is contempory pikturdz ob da hummiez dat paid kolumbus.
Partially correct: there always has ben some influx of "brown" blood from Africa in the populations of southern Europe, at every social level.

One example for all: Italian Milan "Signore" Ludovico il Moro...

Pala_Sforzesca_-_detail_01.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ironically columbus was hired by Spain and the Spanish colonized more of the world..but gett a pass because they are brown ?

I told you to stay away from History. The people from Spain were white. The Natives of the Americas were brown.

Watch Mexican TV and Novelas you will see many white skinned people.

The Aztecs were confused by the Spaniards because they thought one of their Gods was returning to save them:

According to the Aztec legends, Quetzalcoatl had white skin and blond hair and had come from the East… One day, however he was driven out by a rival tribe and left, but not before promising that he would return to deliver his people from bondage.

1698965691026.png

But Thanksgiving is not a Mexican, Central or South American Holiday so, it is irrelevant to this discussion.

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
View attachment 148781

Seriously. I remember back oh a good ten years ago there was a character named "Big Stinky Injun".

For those that don't know "injun" to a Native American is like the N word to an African American person.

When I and several others reported it we were told by a GM - "It's not a bad word, and we were making stuff up".

I invited to him to come to Oklahoma, say that in the face of a couple fellas I know, and see how fast you'd get ya butt whooped.

The GM tried using the Washington Football Team's former name as proof it wasn't bad. Wow! Gasoline on the fire.

Well it's 2023 y'all, Washington's team finally got the name change they needed for years and the UO Devs have grown some semblance of a conscience.

Better late than never I guess. - Ehh go see Killers of the Flower Moon support the Osage Nation by hearing their story.
IMO what has grown here is not "conscience", it is commercially motivated hypocrisy in the wake of the Cancel Culture (one specific Culture only, clearly) fad, and you can ask Budweiser how things "develop" from that on.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Native Americans are fighting to get red skins back and the tomahawk doesn’t offend the majority of them

and I thought taking land from them was bad but we took them land of lakes go figure

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well it's 2023 y'all, Washington's team finally got the name change they needed for years and the UO Devs have grown some semblance of a conscience.
There are plenty of real social issues to focus on in the United States and the World without jumping at every shadow. Let me guess, you are also the type of person who thinks that gentlemen's clubs are degrading and bad for women.

How do you even make it through a day without being offended or worse offended on someone else's behalf? That's a path toward a miserable life.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Native Americans are fighting to get red skins back and the tomahawk doesn’t offend the majority of them

and I thought taking land from them was bad but we took them land of lakes go figure
That's the point!

The ones that really are naively (i.e., whitout being consciously active part of somone political Agenda) offended by this kind of stuff usually are White "Entitled" young guys/gals with too much free time (and their parents' money) on their hands.

Oh, the irony!:cool::p

Last edited: