• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Harrower Titles

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this came up in another thread and its something i have been wondering about for a couple years now.
so im gonna put this up here and see if a Dev will notice it and come in and give us the definative answer on this considering its been years and no one really knows for sure how this works.

Harrower Titles.
we all know you get titles from doing the champs.
and you get a title for doing a harrower.
and you get higher level titles for doing harrower plus champs.

but how do the higher level harrower titles work?

on the UO wiki it states

Killing the Harrower will result in a different set of titles, which work in a different way. The title shows how many of the different “normal” champions you have killed, the first tier is for only killing the Harrower and the seventh tier is for killing the Harrower and all the other champions.
ok, so that explains titles 1 - 7
1 is for killing the harrower
2-7 is for the harrower + the 6 main champs.

but there are 9 different champs that you can get titles from.
  1. Abyss
  2. Arachnid
  3. Cold Blood
  4. Forest Lord
  5. Vermin Horde
  6. Unholy Terror
  7. Sleeping Dragon
  8. Pestilence
  9. Twisted Glade
  10. Abyssal Lair
  11. Lands of the lich
  12. Dragon Turtle
keeping in mine that the last 3-5 titles above where added after we had the 12 harrower titles.

so where do we get tier 8 - 12 harrower titles from?

one would assume from the other champ spawns BUT there are more then 5 more champ spawns.
so lets assume this
(harrower titles)
  1. Spite- Harrower only
  2. Opponent- champ 1
  3. Hunter- champ 2
  4. Venom- champ 3 (id assume is this Mephitis as her scull is called Venom)
  5. Executioner- champ 4
  6. Annihilator- champ 5
  7. Champion- champ 6
  8. Assailant- champ 7
  9. Purifier- champ 8
  10. Nullifier- champ 9
  11. Stalker- champ 10
  12. Forsaker- champ 11
so there is the question.
where EXACTLY do we get these 12 titles from, how is it done, what champs are done for what title and why if there is 13 different champs there is only 12 titles and 1 of which is for the harrower shouldnt there then be 14 titles if each one is for a different one and one for the harrower itself?

my OCD needs to be itched.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get forsaker by doing:
  • Abyss
  • Arachnid
  • Cold Blood
  • Forest Lord
  • Vermin Horde
  • Unholy Terror
  • Sleeping Dragon
  • Pestilence
  • Twisted Glade
  • Abyssal Lair
  • Lands of the lich
That counts for 11 levels and actually doing the harrower is a level for 12 total.

I have only done this on one character:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You get forsaker by doing:
  • Abyss
  • Arachnid
  • Cold Blood
  • Forest Lord
  • Vermin Horde
  • Unholy Terror
  • Sleeping Dragon
  • Pestilence
  • Twisted Glade
  • Abyssal Lair
  • Lands of the lich
That counts for 11 levels and actually doing the harrower is a level for 12 total.

I have only done this on one character:

ok, but like i said i have done them all and numerous Harrowers and im only at Tier 9.

my guess is maybe something glitched or i didnt get looting rights on one or something?
i started going through them all with my guild one by one trying to see if you get all 12 titles and at what point.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually what we need to do is have someone who hasnt done any champs to go do a harrower and see what title is given with that.
then do one champ after another and see which ones are added after each champ.
that way we will know what title is given from which champ.

or

the Dev's could just tell Petra so she can actually make the Wiki so its 100% accurate.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It must have something to do in-game then...I just checked and Larisa, who is the first character I made in this game back in 2003, has ZERO champ titles.....which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Maharia, my tamer who is as old as Origin Shard..only has the 1-9 titles as Poo has and I have done every champ and many many harrowers.

So this is a good question....how does one go about getting those higher-tier titles? Podolak listed the champs he did..and I've done the same ones!

:(

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can tell it keeps tracks of bosses killed (I assume must get looting rights) and the Harrower. Slayer had killed 4 bosses at the time of his first Harrower so he came in at Executioner. He moved to Champion after Liches and Oaks. He has done Sleeping Dragon and Semidar, but not gotten rights.

My other spawner Alyssia got the title of Champion on her Harrower and has moved to Purifier after Semidar and Twisted. She has done Sleeping Dragon, Abyssal Lair, and Turtle, but not gotten looting rights / scrolls.

Neither character has done Pestilence.

I guessing catching Podolak will be my goal for 2016......

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the one thing I will say is it isn't doing the spawn as much as it is looting rights on the champ. I've actually tested this. If you don't do any of the spawn (so do the spawn with one character) and then kill the champ with another the character who killed the champ gets the credit toward the Harrower Title. Of course the Harrower titles don't show up until you have killed a Harrower. So in theory you could kill the 11 champs and not have any titles then when you kill the Harrower all of them show up.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about if I have done the harry a few times but not some of the spawns? Can I just do the spawns I'm missing to gain the new titles? or do I need to do the missing spawns then kill another harry?

The highest one I have is "Stalker of Evil" but I can't remember what spawn I haven't done....!!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just need the Harrower to have the titles show up at all. As you kill more champs (that you haven't killed yet), more titles appear.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just need the Harrower to have the titles show up at all. As you kill more champs (that you haven't killed yet), more titles appear.
I'm pretty sure its Bedlam I haven't done as I just went to see and had to do the quest. My mission for the new year!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But those last Harrower titles were added with Stygian Abyss, so that's not the reason. However all sites use the same starting point - Dev publish notes.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry to necro this thread but an additional question:
Champ spawn titles decay over time, does this apply to Harrower titles as well?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harrower titles do not decay over time.
I can confirm this. All my champion spawn titles are gone except the ones I have done recently. Harrower titles are there despite not doing a Harrower in over 5 years now.

I can also confirm that UOGuide did not "copy stratics verbatim when they started" as has been mentioned earlier in this topic.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I better get mine finished soon then!! Anyone up for Bedlam? :D

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I'm glad to know champ spawn titles vanish over time so I guess there is my reason to keep doing rats lol.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I better get mine finished soon then!! Anyone up for Bedlam? :D
You mean like I offered to do with you and then I disappeared from UO for um...months is it now?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what i need to do is come over to ATL with a character that hasnt done anything yet and get a guild to take me on a Harrower run with them to get that done first.
then start picking away at the different champs and check my title after each one to see which one is added with what champ.

@JC the Builder does HOT wanna take me out for a date at the Harrower, a little wine and dine and murder?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I just got wrecked trying to get the Twisted Wield champ off my Sampires bucket list.
Oh Wise @Podolak , show me thine ways!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what i need to do is come over to ATL with a character that hasnt done anything yet and get a guild to take me on a Harrower run with them to get that done first.
then start picking away at the different champs and check my title after each one to see which one is added with what champ.

@JC the Builder does HOT wanna take me out for a date at the Harrower, a little wine and dine and murder?
Harrower titles aren't champ specific... They are volume specific.

So if you did only the Harry, you would get the level 1 title.

After the Harry, it would not matter which champ you did next... Ricky, Coon, Semidar, etc ... you would get the level 2 title.

The more you defeat, the higher level
title you get.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried to do a harry yesterday on a fresh character but @Giggles crew gave me a dirt nap! :sad2:
On napa? I summoned that harrower to try and get a little fun fighting for everyone. I ended up killing it . Darn superbowl.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got around to doing Bedlam tonight and got my "Forsaker of Evil". That spawn sucks!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hahaha, ya i remember doing that one a few time with the guild, was always a hectic one.