• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

harp

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello my old compatriots. i'm in my cups among other vessels and my friends have gone to bed because they're ageing and frail. not me! I never sleep. Here is the only quantifiable advice i can give you about the harp. I have had a lifelong love affair with the harp. Seventy-five years with the instrument. my first was the size of a tea saucer, my mother taught me how to play - her adult hands covering a double octave without straining. I've played all sorts from ceiling height to a three-string affair carved out of a clam shell my husband bought me as a joke. Let it be known. the optimum height is where the joint of the "wing" (imagine that a harp is a chicken wing) - the point of its peculiar bird wrist - stands just above the head of the player. The pillar can be as tall as you like. Make sure that it is nice and smooth, not too intricately carved or inlaid, because inevitably you'll be doing most of your playing drunk and you can take brief naps against the slender neck of your harp while your hands play the song from their own memory. Once I had an imprint of deer skulls in my face for three days. Heavy is best, it must be heavy enough to prop yourself up on. just assume that you will always be drunk from here on in and plan accordingly. quality is paramount; you shall be falling on this instrument all the g-d damn time. Be careful, though - a solid oakwood harp is no joke when you knock your head on it during an epileptic seizure or sheer inebriation. The best material for the strings is drakegut; steel strings grow discordant with age in my experience. This is the declaration of the Prophet. help I can't stand up. The other thing to remember is to specifically buy an umbral harp, not a britannian harp. they are different instruments entirely. The Umbral Harp bristles with sharps and flats, the Britannian plays only one key at a time. Rubbish!

Last edited: