• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hardware?

L

Lairkingo

What kind of system do I need to play? I'm considering buying the game.

K

KickEm

i passed everything above mediums but that website did not approve my graphics cards as matching the mins yet it approved all of the seperate categories in the graphics card field. this is what i mean.
Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c Graphics Card with Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeon 9800+)
You Have: ATI Radeon X1050 (ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4152))
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

those are the video card specs that came up when i ran that test on www.systemrequirementslab.com
can anyone explain to me why it was not approved when i have higher then the minimums.

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
256mb is something what might bring up problems. I have 9800 GX2 with 2x516mb and it takes time to load textures in certain areas. Even it says 128 in minimums, thats amount what barely runs game.

L

Lairkingo

Hmm... I have 256mb and am deciding whether to chance buying the game or not.

T

Tragedy

I got the game and was running it on a new set up
Nforce 790i Nvdia Ultra Motherboard
4 gigs of 1333 Ram
300 gig Velociraptor HD
2 8800 GT Nvidia Brand cards with 512 MB each
E8500 3.15 intel duo
Vista ultimate 32 bit

I currently get up to 160 fps in open areas and ussually 80-90 normal
Though in cities im floating in the 30-50 fps with dips into the 20's :sad3:

I had numerous memory errors which somewhat i resolved with their programers over the weeks since its been out, though im sure alot of it has to do with Vista, so make sure you dont have vista...

The 3 gig Switch was only was i eliminated memory errors.
Freezing was happening due to my power managment settings on vista was set for after 20 minutes of inactivity shut off harddrive which would freeze nearly any game.

Overall i had some troubles like the other thousands you will see in their forums but same time many people ran lesser specs and had no probs.

YMMV

By the way if you only can get 30 fps in begining zone level 1-20 then dont think youll make it after you get out of that zone ;p

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had numerous memory errors which somewhat i resolved with their programers over the weeks since its been out, though im sure alot of it has to do with Vista, so make sure you dont have vista...
Maybe its because 32bit systems can handle only 4gb of memory, and this goes for all memory. You have now 4+1gb and if you are using virtual memory, it takes it part too. So, if you have 1gb total video RAM, 2gb virtual, you can only have 1gb onboard RAM. You need 64bit OS to use all your memory. Higher amound of RAM onboard, more you need to be sure RAM is supported by your MoBo.

S

Sizlack

I get some crappy frame rates occasionally, but nothing thats rendered the game unplayable to me. Old tarantia is the worst area thus far hitting 5-10FPS at certain times...
My specs:
P4 3.2ghz dual core
2ghz DDR2 RAM 6400? me thinks
ATI Radeon X1800XT 512mb
Windows XP home

D

deadplayer

If you want to play Conan, you need to update your computer, not only system.

A

Aserian

need 64 bit direct x 10 intel (r) core (tm) 2 quad cpu 2.66 ghz 4 cpu's 4094 mb ram 1 tera bite and graphics card nivida geforce 8600 gt integrated .ramdac and approx.total 2284mb and you wont have a prob!:gee::mf_prop:

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnt trust this site that much. It says my computer can not run WoW:BC but yet i play it every night with a friend just fine, no lag at all. Just saying.
Its not the bible, it gives you direction. I run AoC smoothly, but it didnt do so till I went to 64bit OS and tweaked it. Oh, I play WoW with toaster :p