• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy Birthday Ragman... where ever you are.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I woke up this morning and went through the usual morning routine... Tripping over cats ready for morning chow. Settling down with the morning coffee, I fired up the laptop with ICQ on it. I get a lot of birthday notices, my list is rather large.

Today's notice was rather poignant. I have not heard from Ragman in years. Seven some odd years ago, a rag-tag crew from Ianstorm forums came to Siege. Rags was one of them. His was the second or third house built in that barren plain West of Gravewater Lake. Mine was the fourth I believe.

I am not certain who came up with the idea of building a town, Asmodi likely. The thought of a town was impossible on any other shard. But Malas had just opened up on Siege and was largely empty.

A few of us cross sharded what gold we could. None of us were rich back then. We all shared what we had. We all contributed for the common goal. And the town grew.

At one point it stretched from desert and void south of me to almost all of the way to Umbra. We grew from shard targets to become an empire. Yes, the egos grew along with that... That is the subject of another post though.

I left Iantown. I wanted to explore other aspects of Siege. I have been many things since then. None of which I am ashamed of. Like Frank said... I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, / A poet, a pawn and a king. / I've been up and down and over and out / And I know one thing: ...

A year ago, Iantown was a ghost town. A mere handful of houses. Some forgotten. I was burned out. The game has changed so much. Not a bad thing, but I realized I was not cut out to be a killer. Even in a faction PK kind of guild, I was always more comfortable in a support role. I did try to be a front line guy. Too old and slow.

Iantown was always on my mind. Several told me to let it go. I agreed and tried to move on. Still... it was always on my mind. There was no better time for me in this game.

That is not to say my time with the TnT crew was not fun. I feel I grew more as a player with Kat and that crew than I ever have. Even as Mayor of old Iantown... That may be another post as well.

Iantown is growing again. It is due to friends and pillars... just like before. My lovely Luka and Queen Zen are the pillars. I am just the mouth piece again. A role I am comfortable with. I talk a lot and do little. *chuckles*

I welcome all of the new residents. I hope we build something special that you will always remember. The town looks different and feels different. That is a good thing.

I remember all of those that came before, only a couple have stuck it out. Spree. You rock.

Anyway... I just wanted to wish Rags a happy birthday. He does not likely realize it. A part of him is still here.

G

Gildor1

It's been awhile Kelmo :), Asmodi & I along with a few other's where there,reading your brief history brought back a few fond memories.How we used to get raided every night and the whole town coming out to die for the town,wow,those were the day's.

I got (Glendale was my toon's name) kinda nonstalgic and re subbed my old account just to walk thru and see what was happening....nada,the place was almost empty,heartbreaking...seem's like all of UO is slowly going thru it's death throe's.

I logged into my old shard,Great Lake's,hardly anyone on anywhere,this made me depressed,so i logged off,the whole UO world looked like a empty shell to me,time to move on for good,take care old friend,good to see you still around.