• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Happy Belated Birthday Kingdom Reborn!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems not many have marked the special occasion on their calender. Kingdom Reborn was officially released on June 27, 2007.

For this special occasion I thought I would give it another fair shot to see if there has been some improvements. But it has to wait because I've been stuck downloading ~2GB of patches all night. Why oh why hasn't the installer been updated since August? This can't be good for the patch server to have to send GBs of data every time someone wants to install Kingdom Reborn. Plus it only took an hour to download KR compared to hours for patches. This is just a completely unnecessary and avoidable bad first impression. If you are going to do a 800MB patch, somewhere on the to-do list should be a note to update the installer ASAP.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you download WoW, its about what? 4gig? and then you spend at least an hour or more downloading patches.

welcome to the new age of improved graphics. they take up space. Sorry.

L

Lily

It seems not many have marked the special occasion on their calender. Kingdom Reborn was officially released on June 27, 2007.

For this special occasion I thought I would give it another fair shot to see if there has been some improvements. But it has to wait because I've been stuck downloading ~2GB of patches all night. Why oh why hasn't the installer been updated since August? This can't be good for the patch server to have to send GBs of data every time someone wants to install Kingdom Reborn. Plus it only took an hour to download KR compared to hours for patches. This is just a completely unnecessary and avoidable bad first impression. If you are going to do a 800MB patch, somewhere on the to-do list should be a note to update the installer ASAP.

Was there a point to your "fair shot?" Did you do anything except not download it because you had to patch it? LOL

S

Scratch

kr isnt worth trying
it looks horribad and plays even worse
it is not a part of the uo we have all played for a decade now and looks and feels like a whole new game and should be seperated as such

2d is what we like
the client is what we are accustomed to
the content is unmatched by any mmorpg

who cares about graphics? the nooby markey only
fix 2d fix pvp fix the bandaids that were supposed to fix things
scrap kr 3d and any other ideals you have and start a new game
leave uo the way it has always been
content filled gaming

B

burnttrees

ok i went and decided to check to see what versions there are to download the current patched version on my system is 2.54.0.7

the online downloads listed at the KR sight range from 2.45.4.2 - 2.50.0.3 at least they don't seem to have the beta version on these sights anymore that was insane btw to have listed something like 2-3 times the size of the installer just in patches the 2.50.0.3 ver is the newest i found to download and is newer then the version on the uo ftp sight

i figured i would wright this in case someone was interested in downloading and checking it out and btw i will admit the patching at times gets very old but once up to date it isn't bad also i am waiting for the next round of 128-512 mb patching :thumbsup:

well i am off as i know someone is going to have a fit over this :p

S

Syfka

kr isnt worth trying
it looks horribad and plays even worse
it is not a part of the uo we have all played for a decade now and looks and feels like a whole new game and should be seperated as such

2d is what we like
the client is what we are accustomed to
the content is unmatched by any mmorpg

who cares about graphics? the nooby markey only
fix 2d fix pvp fix the bandaids that were supposed to fix things
scrap kr 3d and any other ideals you have and start a new game
leave uo the way it has always been
content filled gaming
I agree completely that is all i have to say :p

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow a year already?!?! To bad I erased KR from my machines about 2 months ago. So I won't be able to relish all it's glitchy 1 year glory. It won't be getting reinstalled on ANY of my machines. It is crapola and a dead client. They need to start focusing on whats good about UO basically 2d and leave KR the way it is so the 5% of players that use it have something to use but basically just update the 2d client. 2d is the only thing keeping UO alive at this point and it deserves to be treated as such.