• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hang on a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres some quotes from our moderator (Ovrkill):

I have asked you all over the past few months to prove you are adults and can do the right thing...
IF i bring back the PVP thread, and i mean IF, would the rest of you be able to take up the challenge and keep it to what it should be, which is listed in the rules i put on the first post. Because if you go back down the path of pathetic personal insults of a degrading nature to ones real life, i will remove the PVP thread permanently.
I even asked you all in a previous thread to show what you can do.... and yet you all still need to do the insults.

I can not back down from this until im shown that you can all do the right thing.

So show me!
You guys know the rules, if you seriously want the PVP thread back, then prove to me that you are all adults and know the difference between having fun and taking it too far.
Did we not just prove that in this thread?

For the whole last half of it we were clearly discussing pvp without any personal insults. Then you go and lock it. I'm pretty sure we just showed you we could do the right thing.

S

siyeng0

I'm really sorry. I actually think that was my fault for attacking thenow's near-complete illiteracy and pathological ability to grasp even the fundamentals of the language.

Speaking of which, he told me he would... *gasp*... defend himself if I didn't "back down." Bring it on, thenow! Bring it on!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really sorry. I actually think that was my fault for attacking thenow's near-complete illiteracy and pathological ability to grasp even the fundamentals of the language.

Speaking of which, he told me he would... *gasp*... defend himself if I didn't "back down." Bring it on, thenow! Bring it on!
:thumbsup:

I

iddqd

its not gonna be back.

trams always get what they want. ea's current business model for uo is directed at trams. the subscription pays for the servers and the small dev team, they make what little cash they do out of the shopping trolley monetisation method with the deco rares and tokens etc.

given this is essentially the 'official' forum, they dont want people coming in and scaring the few people that actually provide income for uo off.

that, and in the end, pvpers just cant help themselves with the trash-talk, it always gets a little personal, and will always eventually break the unreasonable demands made by the silly rules that ovrkill has to follow.

there cant be a pvp thread that will work until the rules are changed to be made more realistic.

which is a shame, given that a lively pvp community is a good thing for this game. when gan/tc were fighting opk/aod with sdk then kov in the mix there was heaps of drama and content being created by players (which was actually inadvertently a LOT closer to role-play than most trams can really understand, and certainly a lot closer than yet another 'spa-bath' or wedding [LOL]). there were things happening almost every day. this ingame environment was helped HUGELY by this board and the epic forum pvpng that was going on. challenges were handed out, events posted etc etc. of course, thats going to lessen when the community dies off a bit, but it was exacerbated greatly when mods began listening to the misplaced whining of trams who werent even part of the conversation.

banning pvp as a topic was a bad, and counterproductive decision. better management of the situation was required. all of this happened before ovrkill took the reins btw.

S

siyeng0

Actually, Ovrkill, if you're reading this, please don't take the last locked thread as an indication that PvP cannot be acceptable on these boards. I know that personal insults were flung, but they were flung by me, and I am the very personification of Trammel; the PvPers were all civil.

...of course, it would also be fair if you started locking all Trammel-related posts in response to my inability to control myself, and we were all no longer allowed to talk about anything but crotcheting and wildlife photography.

K

Katlene

i hate to do it, but i actually agree. The thread was doing good up until the last handful. And for the most part prooved they could keep it civil.
I even learnt a thing or two!

F

five oclock

IBTL

Seriously tho..if people have a problem with a mod..why not go thru the channels?

S

siyeng0

Seriously tho..if people have a problem with a mod..why not go thru the channels?
Because we don't want to get him in trouble. We want the PvP thread back. We don't need to go to his superiors about it because it is not a misdemeanour; it's a disagreement which can be resolved diplomatically.

E

Elwood

Pet you return argument with a bunch of screenshots showing what is on your screen at that split second in time and you think that answers everything?

I have a few screenshots too, not many as I could rarely be bothered with them, but a few of - me and robin beating both rons 2 v 2, they were on tactics mages (who could x heal) and we were on a dexer and an archer. There is one of Clog and I beating one of the rons and cookie 2 v 2 during a fight at deceit entrance. We also have other screenshots of killing you guys easily when the rons weren't there. Now I am not going to post all of my screenshots as it doesn't neccessarily prove anything other than what is on the screen at that particular instant.

The fact of the matter is you are/were average without the rons, this was proved many times. You even tried to start your own guild when the rons quit a while back but it failed miserably because you are extremely annoying and a terrible leader, I know because I was in it. You used to call the rons the fight all the hard battles for you remember? Seriously man, most of your long serving guildmembers to this day still dislike you.

You know as well as I do that you couldn't kill me at the end before you left, I remember on two occasions we were fighting 1v1 and I had you running and potting (you wouldn't admit it either) and after a little while you left both times.

Now we could go on and on with this futile argument or you could come back and prove me wrong but hey, I guess it is much easier to hang up the boots and just say how good you were...

O

Ovrkill

Because we don't want to get him in trouble. We want the PvP thread back. We don't need to go to his superiors about it because it is not a misdemeanour; it's a disagreement which can be resolved diplomatically.
hush kiddies and dont jump the gun.

Yes you are correct for why i closed the thread.

Doing well so far.... keep it up.

actually.... i think its enough, the last thread which was locked did well enough.

Enjoy your PVP thread. *looks at the top of the forum to see it stickied*

im closing this thread down..... you know where to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.