• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween, what new tamable would you like to see ?

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a new type of mount that can be tamed just during the Halloween event. One that can do some kind of neat action. Maybe something that can breathe fire. I don't know , something neat and different. How about being able to tame a skeleton that has a players name attached. Where the player had previously died. And their name got attached to a skeleton. Maybe make the skeleton be able to speak small sentences. And need to give them a sword and shield. How about the owner of the skeleton would be able to give their tamed skeleton weapons to use and armor to wear and also would be able to train them to become even stronger. I don't know. What do you think ?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
On a more serious note, I think it's pretty unreasonable to think they could throw something like that together in time for Halloween. As cool as it sounds.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was enjoying the aspect of taming that made it more like spell casting or dexxing, where in order to succeed you had to know your enemy and choose the appropriate tool for the job.

I get the whole "Dragons should be top tier tamables", but we have lost something that was a fun aspect of using the skill in a group. So, I'd like to see maybe dragons or greaters that divide damage types. Yes we have some of that with the spell casting components of dragons. Shadow wyrms use necro spells, that could be fun. Ants have an acid attack, and I would also like to see the corruption component of hiryus and rune beetles looked at again. Personally I think they swung it too far the other way.

A new two or three slot ridable could be fun also.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just bring back dread mares for the month..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bone dragon might be cool..... skeletal Dragon.... that might be neat... Hell Steed... something more like a winged horse... evil Pegasus if you will might be super cool. But for me personally I still want to tame dread spiders.. but a HUGE spider like a Sentinel spider would be even neater.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you approach the old broken down stable that suddenly appeared in the woods overnight you hear a large *CRACK* as a tree branch falls from an old willow tree. Heart racing, you slowly pull open the stable gate. Its loud creak scares the rats who scurry out in fright. You peek your head in the stable before entering. Everything is pitch black except for a faint candle in the corner. Suddenly you see movement. An old man turns around and greets you. "Welcome" he says in a gritty voice. "Closer" he says as he rolls his fingers toward himself. You cautiously approach him and he says "My my, I see you've brought a pretty creature. Shame they do not live as long as humans." "Tell you what, I can grant your creature eternal life. All you have to do for me is a small favor." Looking over at your Cu sidhe that you've had since the early 2000's you realize the old man is right. Your poor pet dog has lost quite a bit of fur, most of their teeth, and is having trouble walking these days. So quickly you agree! "Yes! Anything! I'll do anything to save my pup!" "Excellent..." the old man says with a grin. "Fetch me these ingredients and I'll make a special brew for you!"

*hours later*

You return from your search with all ingredients in hand. You hand them to the old man and he smiles, showing off what little rotten teeth he has left. "Yes, yes, this is nice, one moment please." As you wait for the old man to concoct the potion you look around the stable with a torch you brang. Bones of everything from dragons to horses litter the ground. The stench of death is overwhelming and there are hundreds of flies. Before you know it the room fills with smoke and you cough uncontrollably as you race out of the stable. You collapse to your knees and rest your arm on an old tree stump. You turn your head towards the stable and you see the shadowy figure of the old man emerge from the smoke. "Here you go." he says as he hands you the crystal vial. Coughing, you reply "Thank you, I think, what do I owe you?" "Drink drink!" He says abruptly. Foggy from the haze, you press the vial up towards your lips. "No you idiot!" as he smacks the vial away from your mouth. "Your pet! Have your pet drink!" Ah yes you recall. This is to save your pet. You call your cu side over. "C'mer girl!" you say. She limps towards you with love and effection and licks your face. "Here girl." you say as you pour the liquid from the vial into her mouth. Suddenly before your very eyes her fur grows back, new teeth and fangs emerge from her gum line, her back straightens as she stands up straight, and she looks exactly like she did the day you tamed her. And then, she falls over dead. Her spirit releases from her body and takes up a ghostly form to the side of you. The old man cackles maniacally and says "This will be my payment..." as he drags your cu sidhes corpse towards the foggy stable. As you stand there in horror and shock, you don't know what to think. But as you look over to your side, there is your trusted companion, your cu sidhe, licking your face. You now have an eternal pet. A ghostly image of your friend. Until the day you die. You hop on your ghostly pal, amazed you can ride a ghost, and sprint off onto a new adventure.

Basically: Give us a quest to transform any tameable we want into a ghostly transparent pet until the end of time.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A frog that can use its tongue to capture other players, it can jump high and far and is rideable. Also it lays eggs that explore causing damage to people.

http://www.haneke.net/ do not click this please

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bone dragon might be cool..... skeletal Dragon.... that might be neat... Hell Steed... something more like a winged horse... evil Pegasus if you will might be super cool. But for me personally I still want to tame dread spiders.. but a HUGE spider like a Sentinel spider would be even neater.
No dragons..please god anything but dragons.

Anything - everything - that
A) makes tamers want to use them instead of dragons
and, more importantly,
B) doesn't fill the whole darn screen completely
would be incredibly welcome. Laser Bunnies, Ninja Ostards I don't even care. Just make them small and quiet.

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the bring back the Dread Mare idea... put a really tough headless horseman on top of it with a cool looking Jack 'o Lantern for a head. Similar to the way the original Mare was attained by defeating the rider. Plus only characters with negative karma can ride. Give all those positive karma people something else... maybe a silver steed or something.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a new type of mount that can be tamed just during the Halloween event. One that can do some kind of neat action. Maybe something that can breathe fire. I don't know , something neat and different. How about being able to tame a skeleton that has a players name attached. Where the player had previously died. And their name got attached to a skeleton. Maybe make the skeleton be able to speak small sentences. And need to give them a sword and shield. How about the owner of the skeleton would be able to give their tamed skeleton weapons to use and armor to wear and also would be able to train them to become even stronger. I don't know. What do you think ?
Special Spiders and Bats.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Ridable Ninja Turtle! A Kappa like mount that you can ride in Stealth mode! Unmounted it will throw pumpkins filled with acid. :grin:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure about a rideable, but a tameable black headless who rides a black horse would be great!

COJO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A dark coloured (as bane dragons) skeletal rideable horse with same attack as dread mares that could splint would rock lol

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A dark coloured (as bane dragons) skeletal rideable horse with same attack as dread mares that could splint would rock lol
I would like to have this mount but make it as strong as a cu-sidhe or slightly stronger. And also I like the idea someone posted in this thread about when you mount it, YOU become headless !