• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Halloween Weekend Planning Thread

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Halloween is coming up soon and the city Governors are planning events for that weekend. Suggested days would be from Friday, October 25th to Sunday, November 2nd.

New Magincia will be putting on a scavenger hunt.

Skara Brae - A scavenger hunt - Day and Time Needed

Vesper - Halloween Costume Contest on Friday October 25th at 7 O'Clock PM PST. Rules in the following thread: http://stratics.com/community/threads/halloween-costume-contest-in-vesper.306589/#post-2322822.

Other cities can post their events in this thread.

WildStar
Governor of New Magincia

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello my name is Laura and I am the current governor of Skara Brae.

Although I am a Skara Braean (say it out loud) I am not very creative, so I am totally lifting the scavenger hunt idea from my esteemed colleague of New Magincia and the item list from another esteemed colleague.

The Skara Brae event will be timed. 30 minutes from "go" to "come back or else," with the come back broadcast over General Chat (which is a thing that doesn't need communication crystals so it must be magic or something). Ability to travel via magery or chivalry is a must-have, and people who travel to the "Felucca Facet" will have a distinct advantage. Mounted or flying is recommended. Defense capabilities (weapon and parrying skills, or invisibility hiding and stealth) recommended but not required, and travel is at your own risk because no one will save you and being dead will make it hard to come back in time.

A single prize, a check for 50K for the #1 winner, because I am cheap. But I'll throw in the UOGOLD book that someone donated.

I haven't set a date yet. Any preferences?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The costume contest on Friday night, held in Vesper and conducted by governor Daena Targaryen, yielded these three winners:
Funny: TOBY, dressed as a slime eating a skeleton
Scary: WildStar, dressed as a womp-r orc
Other: Laura, dressed as Bo Peep and one lost sheep

Congratulations winners. Thanks for coming, participants and spectators. Thanks for having the event, judges and Governor Daena Targaryen.